UnderGround Forums

Boxing UnderGround >> predictions for Adamek v Vitali ??

9/5/11 10:40 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
ten8round
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think Adamek is going to win , I think it will be close but the poles will swing it for him .

I know it was only one round but he looked like shit against Solis , he looked like he has slowed down a lot and has lost a lot of his physicality and mobility.

I think Adamek takes it and I'm gonna put my money where my mouth is .

what do you guys think ? Phone Post
9/6/11 4:39 PM
PoundforPound
142 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Adamek has looked less than stellar against the big men he has fought recently. And they sucked!

Vitali on the other hand is a very good big man. He should score a KO with no problem.

I do expect Adamek to put up more of a fight than David Haye did, though.
9/6/11 7:26 PM
U4EA
134 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Prediction: your time will be better spent watching footage of Louis, Ali and Dempsey on youtube.
9/7/11 4:13 AM
pharochuck
180 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i'm leaning towards adamek as well. been a long time since vitali has been in with someone who is actually coming to win. plus vitali is due to 'get old overnight'
9/7/11 6:52 AM
ten8round

pharochuck - i'm leaning towards adamek as well. been a long time since vitali has been in with someone who is actually coming to win. plus vitali is due to 'get old overnight'
this is what I'm banking on , it pretty much happened against solis before the knee injury imo

I just wonder if Adamek might be a bit too small . Phone Post
9/8/11 11:59 AM
ten8round

ok so it will look like Wlad v Haye , but not for the first 3 rounds and not for the last 2 rounds and it will end in a KO and not a decision ?

hang on, I'll get pen .... Phone Post
9/8/11 3:20 PM
pharochuck
180 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anti JR - Vitali stops him in 10. It will look like his brother vs Haye after the first three rounds.
nah, adamek outhustles him for a decision. i'm going on record

9/8/11 3:20 PM
pharochuck

Anti JR - Vitali stops him in 10. It will look like his brother vs Haye after the first three rounds.
nah, adamek outhustles him for a decision. i'm going on record

9/8/11 3:22 PM
PoundforPound
142 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Did you see Adamek's fight with Michael Grant? Vitali is much better than Grant.
9/8/11 3:44 PM
PoundforPound

Edited: 09/08/11 3:44 PM
Double post
9/8/11 3:58 PM
pharochuck

PoundforPound - Did you see Adamek's fight with Michael Grant? Vitali is much better than Grant.
yes, he is. but adamek is a guy who just finds a way. watch his fight with arreola. i just got a feeling that vitali is ripe for an upset and adamek is the guy to pull it off. adamek is used to fighting at a physical disadvantage. vitali is an even bigger hill to climb, but adamek is used to this position, is vitali used to a guy who is actually trying to win and not just a moral victory?

9/8/11 4:53 PM
PoundforPound

Putting aside the fact that Klitschko kicked the crap out of Chris Arreola far worse than Adamek did, Arreola is only 6'4".

When Adamek has fought giants that more resemble Vitali in size (i.e. Grant and McBride) he has looked quite average.
9/8/11 5:50 PM
pharochuck

yes an ordinary guy with talent. when was the last time vitali went in against someone who actually had a chance? and when has vitali had to pick up the pace and dig to win a fight. its just been target practice for him. adamek has to climb a hurdle in every fight. i'm picking him in the upset
9/8/11 8:36 PM
chadk
118 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Vitali always looks so beatable to me. I swear I've watched some of his bouts and thought "I could beat this guy" for an instant. However, I've come to realize that he must be one of the most awkward mofos ever when you're actually in there with him. No one seems to be able to time him or adjust to him before they've been bludgeoned into submission. He's not a big puncher per se but his power is respectable, he's tall as hell and pretty durable. Combine this with his awkwardness and by the time you've got a feel for him, you're too busted up to actually exploit his flaws. I enjoy watching Adamek but I think he lacks the explosiveness to hurt Vitali and will get rescued by the ref late in the bout.
9/9/11 3:16 AM
ten8round

Solis had his timing spot on . landing the straight right at will .

anyway, it's a big ask for Adamek , bet365 has him at 5s so I'm having a chunk of that .

I wouldn't be surprise to see Vitali lose the majority of rounds before the fight ends , however it ends . Phone Post
9/9/11 2:12 PM
ten8round

damn Vitali looks in amazing shape on the scales , could be time to rethink !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yJ5fCsLxhQ Phone Post
9/9/11 6:41 PM
PoundforPound

9/9/11 6:51 PM
PoundforPound

9/10/11 2:43 PM
ten8round

did a U-turn after seeing the weigh-ins , Vitali looks like a conpletely different person to the Solis fight . I've gone with a treble

Frampton
McLoskey via points
Vitali via KO

it's about 5/2 Phone Post
9/11/11 1:40 AM
pharochuck

Wow was I wrong, and Haye would get wrecked as well Phone Post
9/11/11 3:31 AM
ten8round

nice win for myself .

great win for Vitali

he wants Haye bad .

I would watch. Phone Post
9/11/11 6:42 AM
pharochuck

ten8round -  nice win for myself .

great win for Vitali

he wants Haye bad .

I would watch. Phone Post
he would hurt haye. plain and simple. wlad stepped off the gas and was content to let haye make himself look bad by not going out on his shield. vitali seems to have a simmering anger against haye for the antics and will go with the intent of hurting him bad. i dont think an actually pissed of vitali is one anyone wants to tangle with

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.