UnderGround Forums

Oklahoma Underground >> Xpc going out of business?

9/6/11 3:56 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
virux11b
184 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Beastnoob was fired today. Well, that's what that homo says anyways. Seriously though, why fire Josh? Kinda messed up. Phone Post
9/6/11 4:47 PM
Stunpals
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I would like to let everyone know I was just fired from XPC !! No joke! - Beastmode/FB
9/6/11 5:27 PM
Free2choose
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Classic!  I think more than one of us warned Josh about Kenny and Justin. 
I sure hope he did not invest any of his money in that place. Do feel sorry for him.

9/6/11 5:44 PM
LyinRopez
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kenny and Justin are living there now.
9/6/11 6:12 PM
jujitsujamo
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DAC was unable to comment as he had Kennys foot firmly planted on his throat. Phone Post
9/6/11 6:31 PM
BLPorritt
66 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

At least Josh can fight for DAC now and help keep DAC's foot planted on throats!! Phone Post
9/6/11 6:55 PM
pillbottle
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

WTF is going on down there? Garrett let go, and now Josh? From what I gathered he was bringing in more customers than anyone down there.

Their first year in that place is rent free, but they still have to pay utility bills to keep the lights and water on. Probably nothing left to pay instructors after all that's taken care of. Phone Post
9/6/11 7:07 PM
soonerdad
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

jujitsujamo - DAC was unable to comment as he had Kennys foot firmly planted on his throat. Phone Post
Ha! Phone Post
9/6/11 7:15 PM
kingcha918
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Well ill probably be lookin for a new gym since my coach and manager shane is gone and now that josh got fired everyone is gonna be leaving. The only person i have left to give me anything there now is jerome my boxing coach. So wants some good gyms i should checkout thats affordable they did work with me i only paid 55 a month am a 3-1 ammy should be going pro soon and i would be bringing my girl with me to attend the fitness classes max am trying to pay is 100$ for us both Phone Post
9/6/11 8:48 PM
pillbottle
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Come to Triton, fellas! Phone Post
9/6/11 9:13 PM
kingcha918

isn't it like 150 or more a month to train there and you have to buy a gi i couldn't afford something like that to be honest.but bout 4 of my teammates are following me so were looking for a good gym in tulsa with boxing,MMA,and some good nogi classes
9/6/11 9:19 PM
kingcha918

really sucks cause XPC was an amazing gym with some amazing instructors ive been training with them for almost 2yrs before when it was extreme combat.and the facility was one of the nicest around but without shane garrett and josh bryant the place is gonna fall apart all the fighters said there following bryant. so eventually all the ACA guys will follow him and there will be no MMA. just sucks Jerome is there and he is one of the best boxing instructors in tulsa.
9/6/11 9:30 PM
LyinRopez

Easy solution kincha. Kenny can teach the MMA class, and Justina can be the receptionist/sales person, Dorothy is already running the next fcf show at Firelake, a charity event that's an all wimins fight card on October 1.

Professional backstabbers and lease jumpers. It all started by screwing NAN out of his own company.

Tom will be next to get bent over.

FACT!

9/6/11 9:42 PM
Platypus

Yeah all around bad deal... hope the fighters / trainers find a home Triton is a great place and is stable.
9/6/11 10:09 PM
pillbottle

There is something to be said for established places like Triton and Apollos and other gyms that have shown some longevity.

Sure, training for $50 a month sounds awesome, but places charging those prices just can't survive for very long. Next thing you know the gym is closing, and you and all your training partners end up going different directions trying to find some place to train.

Also, most of the established gyms offer discounts for pro fighters with a few fights under his belt. I would suggest checking out as many gyms as you can until you find a place that feels right for you. And hopefully all the XPC coaches and fighters can work it out and get some continuity. Phone Post
9/6/11 10:21 PM
kingcha918

Yea but not everyone was giving the 55 dollar treatment i was given iam just sayin 150 a month is a high price to ask but thats why am lookin around Phone Post
9/6/11 10:23 PM
liquidsoul

Didn't Josh say he signed the lease?
9/6/11 10:31 PM
kingcha918

I believe josh was just the manager he said he may have something lined up for all the fighters to train at and should know in a couple of days but anyone would be lucky to pick up josh and shane and or team we got some talent in out group Phone Post
9/6/11 11:31 PM
The Marvelous One
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Best MMA gym left is probably Nog's Phone Post
9/6/11 11:43 PM
Magnum TA

Edited: 09/06/11 11:49 PM
"Sure, training for $50 a month sounds awesome, but places charging those prices just can't survive for very long."

Because they don't rip people off? In Tulsa no one should be paying $150 a month to train anywhere. I don't even know of gyms out here charging that much and their overheads are higher, even for small spaces. Sounds like XPC was charging people a reasonable rate for the area. 

9/6/11 11:50 PM
liquidsoul

Anyone that thinks their classes are worth less than $100 per month, is probably right.

If you think your classes are worth $150 per month, and your school is full to the max from 4 to 10pm, you are also probably right.
9/6/11 11:51 PM
Magnum TA

Edited: 09/07/11 12:18 AM
Consumers get ripped off all the time Dale, especially by people who have no problem doing it to them. For the cost of living in Oklahoma no gym should be charging $150 fees to their students.These are people you are supposed to care about and see as family. Charging those kind of rates is a money grab and nothing more. Before the student ever gets their first class you have already ripped him/her off. That's a great way to start out a teaching/training relationship.    
9/6/11 11:55 PM
liquidsoul

If you are mostly a gym, then $15 per month is about right.

And you better be paying sales tax on all of your gym fees, because such memberships are subject to sales tax, instructional classes however are not.

Theres a hige difference between a gym and a school.
9/6/11 11:58 PM
Magnum TA

Edited: 09/06/11 11:59 PM
 I would be willing to bet that BJ Penn charges less than $150 a month at his gym in Hilo (the best gym on all the islands) and his overhead is probably 5-10 times higher than any gym in Oklahoma. Tell me again it's justified? 
9/7/11 12:04 AM
liquidsoul

Edited: 09/07/11 12:06 AM
Magnum TA - These are people you are supposed to care about and see as family. Charging those kind of rates is a money grab and nothing more.

That's not what our parents say about our childrens program. A mom spending $150 an hour for counciling, will gladly pay you $150 per month if you can do a better job helping her child than a high paid councilor can.

If you are just selling Karate, or some other activity, it's only worth what other "activities" are worth. But if you are selling an educational program, that builds character and teaches valuable life skills, parents will gladly pay you for making a difference in their childs life.

Doctors refer their children to us because we get results.

You mma rasslers and figt club rats like Todd will never understand the business I am in.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.