UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> BTW y is everyone gettin hyped about GSP/Condit?

9/7/11 8:13 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
BzGrappla
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

can he stop GSP's takedowns?? probaly not.

Straight 5 round clinic in takedowns.. mixed in a with a few jabs. GSP wants no part of the standup with condit.

Condit will attempt some scrambles.. then be dragged back down. Will attempt a traiange.. but legs will slip off a slippery gsp ala BJ. Boring grappling fuck. The Countdown of the training will be more enjoyable.
9/7/11 8:17 PM
BzGrappla

exactly man. Thank you. Im a real mma fan not just some guy who buys into the hype. Study the fighters and their last 5 fights you will see.

How will this be any different then gsp vs hardy?? Ya condit will give some "mean looks" at the weigh ins.. thats about it.
9/7/11 8:18 PM
jetbluejesus
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm pretty disappointed that Diaz is not fighting and I don't know if I'll even buy this PPV. Depends on who they get for BJ.
9/7/11 8:21 PM
OzLoco
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm just really glad that Condit has made it to the top - guy has put in the work and genuinely wants it.

I don't see him having much for GSP apart from something like a one off counter hook that rocks GSP early?
9/7/11 8:23 PM
TheShogunEra

GSP will rape him.

Nick would have gave GSP a fight
9/7/11 8:26 PM
Purgey
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Condit has better TDD than Diaz does
and won't lose by cut and brings it with great cardio stand up and good JJ
You should study fighters and you'd know as much as a silly 11'er like me does
9/7/11 8:29 PM
BzGrappla

dude blah blah. Hardy was number one contender to at the time. That means nothing. Yes he will be able to scramble and get up.

GSP is another level. He will train extra hard and keep condit down. Im not comparing the level of fighters on the ground.. im comparing how it will look. Be my guest and follow the hype.
9/7/11 8:33 PM
orcus

BzGrappla - can he stop GSP's takedowns?? probaly not.

Straight 5 round clinic in takedowns.. mixed in a with a few jabs. GSP wants no part of the standup with condit.

Condit will attempt some scrambles.. then be dragged back down. Will attempt a traiange.. but legs will slip off a slippery gsp ala BJ. Boring grappling fuck. The Countdown of the training will be more enjoyable.

Were you hyped for Diaz? Condit is very similar except he's faster, doesn't cut as easily, and has more KO power.
9/7/11 8:33 PM
Marco808

I'm more pissed that BJ's not fighting Condit now, than anything else.

I doubt even GSP fans would try to argue that GSP vs Condit will be more exciting and fun to watch than Penn vs Condit would've been.
9/7/11 8:34 PM
PUML Clothing
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

orcus -

Were you hyped for Diaz? Condit is very similar except he's faster, doesn't cut as easily, and has more KO power.
and he's very active off of his back
he's going to try subs and sweeps a lot and has a real shot here Phone Post
9/7/11 8:40 PM
H Bomb

Huge Condit fan here and I love this matchup if Condit has the proper amount of time to prepare.

With roughly a month and half to get ready I cant say I am AS excited as I would be under normal circumstances for a title fight.

Unfortunately, it seems like its setting up to be another classic GSP 5 round shutout.

9/7/11 8:41 PM
Bry Bry

yeah when i heard GSP is now fighting Condit i was like uggh...this fight will be one-sided....GSP/Diaz was a very interesting style matchup..
9/7/11 8:52 PM
Manny Yarbrough GOAT

orcus - 

All I know is that if Condit stood with Daley he'd probably get KO'd. You can say he's faster, but I think Daley is faster than anyone Condit has faced.

9/7/11 8:54 PM
Gritty
905 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Condit is a way scarier fight for GSP than Diaz. If GSP stuck to the gameplan you guys hate against Diaz, it would have been a five round clinic. Condit is going to get his chances to throw some shit in this fight.
9/7/11 9:03 PM
itdoesntmattersomuch

I fall asleep everytime I hear 'GSP v. Condit'. It's weird. Phone Post
9/7/11 9:12 PM
Manny Yarbrough GOAT

UnionofAlliedCitizens - 
Manny Yarbrough GOAT - 
orcus - 

All I know is that if Condit stood with Daley he'd probably get KO'd. You can say he's faster, but I think Daley is faster than anyone Condit has faced.

LMFAO...Condit, Diaz, GSP...any of those guys would murder Daley on the feet. Dude has a left hook and no chin. He got 1 punch KO'd by Diaz' pillow hands
Diaz was Daley's first TKO' loss and super LOL@GSP standing with Daley, he didn't even want to stand with Hardy. Pillow hands? I guess your trolling worked because it got me to bite.

9/7/11 9:15 PM
ranier wolfcastle
998 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

in other words, it will be EXACTLY like gsp vs diaz

9/7/11 9:16 PM
Manny Yarbrough GOAT

ranier wolfcastle - 

Yeah because they have EXACTLY the same level of Jiu-Jitsu.

9/7/11 9:18 PM
PKH
269 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I hope the people counting Condit out weren't also picking Diaz to win.
9/7/11 9:22 PM
allforroy
80 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Condit actually has funkiness to his game like Diaz, and has been on a tear since Rory McDonald kicked his ass for 2 and a half rounds. I like this fight way better than Diaz bleeding like a stuck pig, on his back, throwing up submission attempts. Condit will get taken down, but is pretty resourceful off his back and much more focused than Diaz. Phone Post
9/7/11 9:24 PM
Manny Yarbrough GOAT

Edited: 09/07/11 9:25 PM
TheSaver - 
Manny Yarbrough GOAT - 
ranier wolfcastle - 

Yeah because they have EXACTLY the same level of Jiu-Jitsu.

It's not about BJJ its about wrestling which Condit has much better than Diaz. What is Diaz even better at than Condit besides BJJ? Plz don't say boxing because in that sense Diaz is a one dimensional striker.
That wrestling means jack shit when GSP took down Koscheck and Fitch at will. Do you think Condit has better wrestling than Kos and Fitch? That's why I dont put any stock in wrestling in this fight, GSP owns any wrestler at 170, which is why I put more stock on Jiu-Jitsu, since both  Condit and Diaz will be on their backs.

One dimensional striker? JDS has said many times that he mainly focuses on boxing and look how well that works out for him. 

I think Diaz's boxing is better than Condit's Muay Thai.

9/7/11 9:39 PM
zackthewop
281 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GSP vs Diaz

Or

GSP vs silva

Only two GSP fights I will pay for Phone Post
9/7/11 10:15 PM
not_really_sure
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Condits an exciting fighter and if he brings his A game then he's got a good chance but I liked his original matchup vs Penn better and I was A LOT more excited to see Diaz take on GSP Phone Post
9/7/11 10:16 PM
quick
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I hate how all this has played out b/c not only did we lose getting to see a great fight between two champs, but we also are going to miss a what had a potential fight of the night written all over it in Penn v. Condit. Just losing those two epic fights alone makes it very hard for me to get hyped for GSP and Condit.
9/7/11 10:16 PM
TheAssMurderer
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

not nearly as excited for this fight as I was for diaz...

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.