UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Daley: I turn up to knock motherf----ers out

9/9/11 9:38 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground News
917 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Underground News, Editor

JS: Obviously, we’ve heard British fighters complain before when wrestlers have just stifled them inside the cage to eke out a marginal victory. Will you begrudge Radev if he inflicts this style on you come Saturday night?

PD: Well. I’ve lost to wrestlers before. I’m always out there to fight. To me, wrestling is more of a transitional tool than a fighting technique. There are no real finishes in wrestling, like there are in striking and BJJ. If somebody wants to defeat me via a transitional tool, then that’s their prerogative, but I guarantee I’ll have more people asking for my autograph as I leave the arena for the flying knees, spinning elbows or headkicks that I’ve showcased. I’m an entertaining fighter, that’s what I do. I’m not a transitional fighter that turns up to score points. I turn up to knock motherf*ckers out, and that’s what I’ll do this weekend.

JS: Great. Ok, it was predicted that it could get a bit heated between yourself and Nate Marquardt at today’s press conference. How’s the situation there

PD: Yeah, he’s right next to me. We haven’t really said anything much to each other, but the press conference is about to commence so we shall see what happens. There was no issue really with Nate. I just stated that I didn’t agree with his use of banned substances, which he attributed to a testosterone deficiency, but he has previously been caught out with PEDs. He’s obviously using TRT as a performance enhancer, so he just should own up to it, admit it, and then move on.

read entire article...

9/9/11 10:06 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
soldierdad5417
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Daley always brings the fight, problem is, sometimes it's after he's had his ass kicked and the bell has rung to signal the end of the round.
9/9/11 10:09 AM
The Elastic Assassin
125 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

note to daley....learn to get up, not get taken down or shut the fuck up......
9/9/11 10:13 AM
ten8round

The Elastic Assassin - note to daley....learn to get up, not get taken down or shut the fuck up......
lol @ you Phone Post
9/9/11 10:14 AM
beanouno
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

They are having a problem with sauna's again. 4 or 5 guys including paul still need to cut weight.
9/9/11 10:17 AM
The Elastic Assassin
125 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ten8round - 
The Elastic Assassin - note to daley....learn to get up, not get taken down or shut the fuck up......
lol @ you Phone Post

yes, lol @ me......i guess...
9/9/11 10:18 AM
Proteus The Invincible

Daley's the man. Nobody want to watch someone avoid the fight by scoring points, and I like that he calls people for their bullshit.
9/9/11 10:19 AM
The Elastic Assassin

here is an idea...learn a sweep or 2....
9/9/11 10:23 AM
djones
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Elastic Assassin - note to daley....learn to get up, not get taken down or shut the fuck up......

I agree with Daley and you.
9/9/11 10:24 AM
Teenage mutant lesnar turtle
452 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

soldierdad5417 -  Daley always brings the fight, problem is, sometimes it's after he's had his ass kicked and the bell has rung to signal the end of the round.

9/9/11 10:25 AM
3Lions

Best welterweight striker around, he's also trying his hardest to improve his ground game so everyone shut the fuck up.
9/9/11 10:25 AM
ten8round

Gnarls Gnarlington - "There are no real finishes in wrestling" Daley, should go Google catch wrestling. The finishes are devastating.
lmao Phone Post
9/9/11 10:26 AM
Jack Skellington
624 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I always liked Daley
9/9/11 10:29 AM
liquidrob
110 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think woodley has a great future, but you can't rip Daley for that fight, Woodley wasnt looking to do much, Daley was working from his back, switched to an omaplata, had Woodley shooting and dropping to his back, Daley came to fight and enjoy watching him
9/9/11 10:32 AM
mmavixen
1091 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Really great interview.  Say what you will about Daley, but he has slowly won me over with his style.  
9/9/11 10:32 AM
MMAFriedRice
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That's what I like. But British fighters will never reach the level of wrestling as Americans in a training camp. So learn how to stand up so u can Knock people out.........or simply just learn to KO whilst on ur back. Phone Post
9/9/11 10:40 AM
Van Terminator
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Daley's just missed weight by 6lbs for tomorrow's fight. He's got two hours to lose it.
9/9/11 10:44 AM
BrunoMcGyver
228 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

damn that's a lot, heaps of fighters have missed wiehgt this card
9/9/11 10:45 AM
explodingboy

Still one of the best WWs in the world in my opinion. This is a short notice fight so I'm not surprised he's having trouble making the cut.
9/9/11 10:49 AM
chaplinshouse
650 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ever wonder why these UK mma guys just don't do K1 or boxing if they're not willing to get skilled in ground?

answer: because their striking isn't good enough to make it there. at least mma lets them face sub par strikers

Daley is fun to watch I'll give him that.
9/9/11 10:54 AM
The Elastic Assassin

Edited: 09/09/11 10:55 AM
thread title edit " Daley: I show up fat to knock motherf---ers out!"
9/9/11 10:55 AM
BrunoMcGyver
228 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

the hate is strong in Elastic
9/9/11 10:58 AM
The Elastic Assassin

no hate bro.....i fight in a state where almost ever MMA guy is a goddam wrestler....i am not a goddam wrestler....so did i whine/cry/bitch to the media?...no....i learned to fight off my fucking back.....

so like i said....sweep, stand, submit or STFU.....
9/9/11 11:03 AM
Hardlyworththeweight

Daley needs to add more punches when he is fighting. Instead of LEFT HOOK.
9/9/11 11:03 AM
Naderhood>England

Excellent interview..     Semtex is a proper fighter.

I was surprised to learn the origins of Rob "c4" Sinclair`s nickname though...

I thought he was named after this:

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.