UnderGround Forums

OtherGround Forums >> We need an official Joe Rogan podcast thread

8/6/13 4:47 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
JitsuGuy
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Onikage - 
Family Jules - 
Onikage -

Joe I love you but every time you start this Moses burning bush thing I want to kick myself in the face.

If you want to dismiss all of Judaism, be my guest, but please stop spreading false information pretending like you have all the facts. According to the story Moses was literally glowing after he saw the face of God, and all of the Israelite were witness to it. He was up on mount Sinai for 40 days taking down all 613 commandments so I really doubt he was up there tripping balls with a single burning bush for over a month.

Again- If you want to say the whole story is bullshit that's fine, but don't try to say it's all bullshit besides the parts that could possibly line up with some goofy ass psychedelic drug theory. You're going full on ancient aliens with that garbage- taking out a small bit of information that fits your agenda, and ignoring the context.

Even if Joe's theory is bullshit, what makes you think your bible story isn't?

The bible was translated from ancient hebrew which scholars dont even entirely comprehend. Words also doubled up as numbers, so the numerical references are all off. So there's no way you can be sure he was on top of a mountain for 40 days/40 hours/ or even 5 minutes when you take that into consideration. Phone Post 3.0

Ancient Hebrew can be confusing for sure, but mainly because many words had double meanings. If you're talking about a number of nights, it's not hard to decide if they meant to use a numerical value or a general noun.

Even if you disagree- It doesn't matter if the translation is off if we're all sourcing the same translation dummy.

Holy steaming shit! There is no evidence whatsoever that the Egyptians EVER kept Jewish slaves. EVER! Nothing. Nada, Ziltch. Since this is indeed the case, there is also zero evidence of the Exodus which would also include this entire Moses/Mt Sinai bullshit.

At least be honest with yourself and just say you believe a religious text as historical fact. Because outside of that book, your claims are baseless.
8/6/13 7:02 PM
GIBB0
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JitsuGuy -
Onikage - 
Family Jules - 
Onikage -

Joe I love you but every time you start this Moses burning bush thing I want to kick myself in the face.

If you want to dismiss all of Judaism, be my guest, but please stop spreading false information pretending like you have all the facts. According to the story Moses was literally glowing after he saw the face of God, and all of the Israelite were witness to it. He was up on mount Sinai for 40 days taking down all 613 commandments so I really doubt he was up there tripping balls with a single burning bush for over a month.

Again- If you want to say the whole story is bullshit that's fine, but don't try to say it's all bullshit besides the parts that could possibly line up with some goofy ass psychedelic drug theory. You're going full on ancient aliens with that garbage- taking out a small bit of information that fits your agenda, and ignoring the context.

The bible was translated from ancient hebrew which scholars dont even entirely comprehend. Words also doubled up as numbers, so the numerical references are all off. So there's no way you can be sure he was on top of a mountain for 40 days/40 hours/ or even 5 minutes when you take that into consideration. Phone Post 3.0

Ancient Hebrew can be confusing for sure, but mainly because many words had double meanings. If you're talking about a number of nights, it's not hard to decide if they meant to use a numerical value or a general noun.

Even if you disagree- It doesn't matter if the translation is off if we're all sourcing the same translation dummy.

Holy steaming shit! There is no evidence whatsoever that the Egyptians EVER kept Jewish slaves. EVER! Nothing. Nada, Ziltch. Since this is indeed the case, there is also zero evidence of the Exodus which would also include this entire Moses/Mt Sinai bullshit.

At least be honest with yourself and just say you believe a religious text as historical fact. Because outside of that book, your claims are baseless.
I don't think he's saying that the text is true.

He's saying that Joe obviously has no idea what he's talking about by saying that Moses was on DMT when he was "talking to god" because while a tiny bit of the biblical story matches that the rest doesn't. Phone Post 3.0
8/7/13 12:19 AM
TheBoognish
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Col Angus - Greg Fitzsimmons later this week.
Thanks for the heads up. He's a funny guest.

On a side note, anybody not listening to bill Burr's podcast is doing themselves a serious disservice. The guy kills it each and every week. Phone Post 3.0
8/7/13 12:25 AM
Invisible Lats Syndrome

TheBoognish - 

On a side note, anybody not listening to bill Burr's podcast is doing themselves a serious disservice. The guy kills it each and every week. Phone Post 3.0

It's funny, but he does spend a lot of time talking about these obscure sports. Sometimes for 3/4 of the podcast.
8/7/13 12:40 AM
Aaronrodgers=GOAT
573 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Invisible Lats Syndrome -
TheBoognish - 

It's funny, but he does spend a lot of time talking about these obscure sports. Sometimes for 3/4 of the podcast.
Wut ? Phone Post
8/7/13 12:43 AM
garythekid
796 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Aaronrodgers=GOAT -
Invisible Lats Syndrome -
TheBoognish - 

Wut ? Phone Post
Yeah wut? Lol he talks about hockey, football, and baseball sometimes. Very easy to fast forward though it if you want. Phone Post 3.0
8/7/13 1:54 AM
Aaronrodgers=GOAT
573 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The great chemtrail debate is coming up too. Edgar Bravo, Meghan Kelley and Mik West. I think she'll be on but I really hope not. Phone Post
8/7/13 1:54 AM
Aaronrodgers=GOAT

Kristin Meghan, whatever. Phone Post
8/7/13 12:21 PM
Aaronrodgers=GOAT

Yeah I should have guessed that. Phone Post
8/7/13 12:37 PM
Onikage

GIBB0 -
JitsuGuy -
Onikage - 
Family Jules - 
Onikage -

I don't think he's saying that the text is true.

He's saying that Joe obviously has no idea what he's talking about by saying that Moses was on DMT when he was "talking to god" because while a tiny bit of the biblical story matches that the rest doesn't. Phone Post 3.0
Someone finally read my post! Thank you Phone Post
8/7/13 4:30 PM
Hansumboy

Dan Carlin is mad smart. Love it when he is on.
8/9/13 5:56 AM
crazydave
189 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

8/9/13 6:08 AM
Jesus KO'd stayrad
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Listening to Joe an Greg talk about Mary Damon I found myself shouting at my car stereo "the talented mr ripely" when he couldn't figure out what movie he meant, it shouldn't of bothered me haha but it did haha Phone Post 3.0
8/9/13 7:20 AM
Inked624
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jesus KO'd stayrad - Listening to Joe an Greg talk about Mary Damon I found myself shouting at my car stereo "the talented mr ripely" when he couldn't figure out what movie he meant, it shouldn't of bothered me haha but it did haha Phone Post 3.0
That drives me crazy too, when Joe, Redban, or even Joey can't figure out the names of movies, or the names of people, or anything for that matter, and you wish you were sitting in on the podcast since you know the answer(s). Phone Post 3.0
8/9/13 7:45 AM
Jesus KO'd stayrad
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

EEKS -
Jesus KO'd stayrad - Listening to Joe an Greg talk about Mary Damon I found myself shouting at my car stereo "the talented mr ripely" when he couldn't figure out what movie he meant, it shouldn't of bothered me haha but it did haha Phone Post 3.0

I would have never guessed Mary Damon was in that movie.
Hahaha voted up, I was driving while typing that Phone Post 3.0
8/9/13 7:46 AM
Jesus KO'd stayrad

Inked624 -
Jesus KO'd stayrad - Listening to Joe an Greg talk about Mary Damon I found myself shouting at my car stereo "the talented mr ripely" when he couldn't figure out what movie he meant, it shouldn't of bothered me haha but it did haha Phone Post 3.0
That drives me crazy too, when Joe, Redban, or even Joey can't figure out the names of movies, or the names of people, or anything for that matter, and you wish you were sitting in on the podcast since you know the answer(s). Phone Post 3.0
Voted up for understanding my pain haha Phone Post 3.0
8/9/13 11:18 AM
Broady
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dorian Yates was asking Joe on twitter about being a guest, hope they get something sorted, would be awesome. Phone Post
8/9/13 11:43 AM
LittleKang
80 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Its almost joe is going regulars again. There's only so much bryan callen that one man can handle

Is it me or joe hasnt had any fight guy on in a while Phone Post
8/9/13 8:02 PM
waxwing slain
69 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

During the recent Hinchcliffe podcast Redban detailing his car troubles was the least compelling content I've ever listened to. Phone Post 3.0
8/10/13 1:11 AM
xsrg95
223 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

any Machine Head fans? Robb Flynn posted about Joe on the MH facebook page. would be cool for him to go on the podcast

8/12/13 11:32 AM
forumnewb

Rogan says he doesnt floss.

Yuck.
8/12/13 2:08 PM
Moist Gracie
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

forumnewb - Rogan says he doesnt floss.

Yuck.

You should give him some of your gluten-free, fair trade floss.
8/12/13 2:17 PM
waxwing slain
69 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fitzsimmons ep great - had a smile on my face the whole time.

I know so little about country music I had to google to see if Clint Fivins was a real name...
8/12/13 3:50 PM
aces_taylor
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

waxwing slain - Fitzsimmons ep great - had a smile on my face the whole time.

I know so little about country music I had to google to see if Clint Fivins was a real name...
What did you like? I thought it wasn't that good at all. Phone Post 3.0
8/12/13 3:51 PM
Aaronrodgers=GOAT

Jim Norton today at 3 Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.