UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Paul Daley: Lorenzo is cool, but Dana White ...

9/12/11 11:47 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground News
1197 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Underground News, Editor

"I was cut from the UFC," Paul Daley told MMA Fight Corner presented by FiveKnuckles.com. "I was working at a pro-boxing gym and I had an offer almost immediately to sign over there, but my manager said to just chill for a while. They pay very well, and all the athletes there are full timers, so I can go there and make money, but I'm a fan of MMA. I like the fact that the fight can go anywhere. I might not be the best of the best everywhere but I like the versatility of it."

"I plan to be in this sport for a long time. I'm very fortunate that I don't get badly injured. People still want to see me fight. Every fight I fight, win, lose or draw I'm still entertaining. And you know, I think there will probably come an opportunity, if the [UFC] needs me back, and I'll take it you know."

"I kind of got the impression from the first time I met (UFC President Dana White) that he didn't like me. He's like that you know. There have been a bunch of unnecessary UFC releases, and I guess if Dana likes somebody he will give them chances, if not, he will let them go. I've only spoken to Dana after the Dustin Hazelett fight, and I spoke to him just initially when I entered the UFC, literally just two times."

"On the other note, Lorenzo, I've spoken to him a bunch of times. He was the one who came up and said, 'Well done Paul, you got the Hazelett KO of the night bonus.' He came to me for the Nick Diaz fight, like came to me out of his way personally, and came into the locker room and said, 'good luck.'

"It's quite funny, I've seen both of them (while coaching Winner against Anthony Njokuani at UFC 132) and Dana walked straight pass me. He's like, you know, I'm guessing I was in his line of sight, and he walks passed me. And Lorenzo walks passed and stops and he greets me. I think that shows the character of different individuals. I just think Lorenzo Fertitta is a real cool guy. It is funny how the real guy, the guy with the money, the real boss behind the scenes, is the coolest guy and the front man can be a bit of a problem."

Read entire article...

9/12/11 11:49 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Nuetraman
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i see daley is not a company man
9/12/11 11:50 AM
TKOkami'd by the GOAT
127 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Daley sure is helping his situation out. Why is it so hard for him to get Dana's name out of his mouth? I mean, damn...if you don't like the guy, don't CONTINUE damaging your future with the big money promotion. Just keep it to yourself
9/12/11 11:51 AM
suess
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

he has no future in the UFC until he starts taking his career seriously.
9/12/11 11:53 AM
Chimonos Revenge
266 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Daley has no one to blame for his situation except himself and his mouth.

He is the most arrogant, self-delusional guy out there.

He still won't admit his fault for getting fired.
9/12/11 11:53 AM
hubris
222 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

come on Daley, it's obvious Lorenzo/Dana = Good cop/Bad cop
9/12/11 11:55 AM
Humphrey

daley's biggest problem is.... daley.

he's fucked himself out of so much money it's not even funny, and the bad part is, ALL he does is make ecsuses for it. Man up and move on.
9/12/11 11:57 AM
radiobaby
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The most unprofessional fighter in the sport.. talking bullshit?

I AM FUCKING SHOCKED.
9/12/11 12:05 PM
likatiga
116 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Did Daley make weight for this interview?
9/12/11 12:06 PM
slugshots skeezer
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Everyone talking about 'Daley should stfu about Dana' etc are missing the point - the UFC blew it's chance with Daley.  He made a (provoked) mistake and they turned their back on him.  Well why should Daley turn around and grovel?  He no bitch and he never will be, sure he might miss out on a bigger paycheck but he still has his dignity and his pride.  And its not like he's starving, he's doing well in other promotions and as the interview says even has offers from boxing!  Its Dana who needs to man up and stop being so petty.

9/12/11 12:09 PM
suess
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

slugshots skeezer - Everyone talking about 'Daley should stfu about Dana' etc are missing the point - the UFC blew it's chance with Daley.  He made a (provoked) mistake and they turned their back on him.  Well why should Daley turn around and grovel?  He no bitch and he never will be, sure he might miss out on a bigger paycheck but he still has his dignity and his pride.  And its not like he's starving, he's doing well in other promotions and as the interview says even has offers from boxing!  Its Dana who needs to man up and stop being so petty.

what's up dude?  i loved your fight with Nick.
9/12/11 12:09 PM
guardbr8kr

likatiga - Did Daley make weight for this interview?

LOL
9/12/11 12:10 PM
discodrew
69 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dana is gonna buy bamma and shut it down just to get fuck Daley over if he doesn't stop. same with strikeforce. I'm sure when strikeforce merges with UFC Dana would of brought Daley but he doesn't shut up he is gonna be doing local shows. Phone Post
9/12/11 12:11 PM
Chimonos Revenge
266 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

likatiga - Did Daley make weight for this interview?

gold. Voted Up
9/12/11 12:15 PM
Humphrey

slugshots skeezer - Everyone talking about 'Daley should stfu about Dana' etc are missing the point - the UFC blew it's chance with Daley.  He made a (provoked) mistake and they turned their back on him.  Well why should Daley turn around and grovel?  He no bitch and he never will be, sure he might miss out on a bigger paycheck but he still has his dignity and his pride.  And its not like he's starving, he's doing well in other promotions and as the interview says even has offers from boxing!  Its Dana who needs to man up and stop being so petty.

rofl @ anyone 'needing' daley.

he got tooled in the Kos fight, then tooled himself after it.

The ufc won't even remember him...... he fucked himself so bad.
9/12/11 12:19 PM
GTPJim

Paul Daley is judging character now? lol
9/12/11 12:23 PM
Chimonos Revenge

kanodogg2 - 
McLovin369 - Lorenzo is calling shots Dana is just a front so if Lorenzo wants Daley in the FUC it will happen its just a matter of tiem.
In the fuc? Pretty gay Phone Post

Fighting Unicorn Championships, imo.
9/12/11 12:32 PM
Shatcore

He likes "the fact that the fight can go anywhere"?? isn't this the same guy who has a nightmare anytime he isn't at a perfect right angle with the canvas. Why does this guy continue to get light of day?

If someone can lay on you for 3 rounds and can't stop them, do yourself a favour, take the boxing job.
9/12/11 12:35 PM
Rookie Fighter

slugshots skeezer - Everyone talking about 'Daley should stfu about Dana' etc are missing the point - the UFC blew it's chance with Daley.  He made a (provoked) mistake and they turned their back on him.  Well why should Daley turn around and grovel?  He no bitch and he never will be, sure he might miss out on a bigger paycheck but he still has his dignity and his pride.  And its not like he's starving, he's doing well in other promotions and as the interview says even has offers from boxing!  Its Dana who needs to man up and stop being so petty.

Rally dude really? Phone Post
9/12/11 12:43 PM
muay_jitsu

hubris - come on Daley, it's obvious Lorenzo/Dana = Good cop/Bad cop

Kinda how Tito was there for a minute with them two. I think its just how they do business and it seems to work.

Daley is exciting but he continues to dig a hole being so unprofessional. I don't think anyone is asking him to kiss butt, just to play the game like every other PRO fighter which he refuses to do.
9/12/11 12:48 PM
slugshots skeezer
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Daley has done nothing as bad as Diaz, I don't understand why he gets all the hate!  Daley lightly hit Kos, Diaz had a full scale brawl!  If Diaz gets away with the shit he pulls, why shouldn't Daley?  Why was he cut rather than being gifted a shot at one of the GOATs BJ Penn?

http://mmaufcfanatics.com/wp-content/plugins/wp-o-matic//2df52_DaleyEnglandFlag.jpg
9/12/11 12:50 PM
Steven McTowelie
437 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"It is funny how the real guy, the guy with the money, the real boss behind the scenes, is the coolest guy and the front man can be a bit of a problem."

Not every rich guy out there is a prick, even when it's warranted. I'm sure some don't even want to act that way when needed...this is why they hire "front men", to do the dirty work for them.

Daley is a tool.

Maybe Lorenzo isn't a fan of confrontation and would rather get along with everyone and let Dana deal with Daley's of the world.
9/12/11 12:51 PM
3Lions

SideCheickKick - 

Is this for real? lol

Pride and dignity - he comes in 6 pounds heavy, displaying that pride... he sucker punches after the bell, displaying that dignity.

He loses to anyone with half a year of highschool wrestling, and he got out-struck by Diaz.

He offers nothing to the UFC... so yes, he should STFU.

1) His weight cutting is his own problem, it's his purse that is affected.

2)He just beat an Olympic wrestler.

3) He controlled Diaz on the feet, dropped him twice until there was a bullshit unjust stoppage at the end of the round. "Outstruck" Now that's fucking funny.

4) He offers a lot to any organisation, his fight with Kos was a No.1 contender bout after only 2 fights in the UFC, showing just how highly they rated him.

Anything else?
9/12/11 12:52 PM
Nakedwelshman
92 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

likatiga - Did Daley make weight for this interview?
Genuine Lulz! And I love that pic of him and Dana, no words needed Phone Post
9/12/11 12:58 PM
Samjackson

I don't understand how people can excuse Diaz for the brawl, and hate Daley for a glancing shot. Is this because he's a UK fighter?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.