UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Whitehead plea means sex offender registry

9/12/11 11:39 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground News
1160 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Underground News, Editor

MMA fighter Michael Whitehead is expected to be sentenced to probation early next year for an alleged sexual assault on two women that occurred April 10, 2010, in his Las Vegas home.

However, the plea Michael Whitehead negotiated with prosecutors will still mean he will have to register as a sex offender — and will face a lifetime of court supervision.

The judge told him that by his guilty plea he would be subject to lifetime supervision and would be required to register as a sex offender.

The alleged incident happened April 10, 2010, when a woman filed a police report that the MMA fighter had assaulted her.

The woman told police she and a friend had gone to Whitehead's home for a barbecue, then after drinking, decided not to drive home, according to a police report.

The report said Whitehead told the women they could sleep in his bed.

One of the women said she awoke to find her pants down and Whitehead having sex with her in the bed. Although she repeatedly demanded that he stop, he didn't for about three minutes, according to the police report.

After the alleged incident, Whitehead sat in a chair in the bedroom, police said. The second woman, who had been next to the woman on the bed, said she witnessed the alleged assault, according to the police report. The second woman alleged that Whitehead had also groped her during the incident, the report said.

Police said after Whitehead surrendered to authorities, police were contacted by the woman, who said she received a text message from Whitehead’s phone that said “Babe I’m really sorry about last night!! I’m very ashamed!”

Read entire article...

9/12/11 11:52 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
vengence
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

alcohol makes ya do dumb shit sometimes
9/12/11 11:55 PM
Humphrey
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i guess he and Jamie Levine can start working together. One rapist to another.
9/12/11 11:58 PM
LiveFromThe7x7

Sounds bogus.
9/13/11 12:00 AM
Authority Figure

Domestic violence is no joking matter. Whitehead's been served.
9/13/11 1:07 AM
PJ Benn Fan
214 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Always got a feeling that something didnt sound right with this case but if whitehead pled guilty there is not much to argue IMO.

Sex offender list and a lifetime of probation sounds like hell though so i can only imagine he was guilty of at least some of it and figured avoiding jail time is a win no matter what! Phone Post
9/13/11 1:20 AM
YonYones

I feel bad for Mike, guys have gotten fucked over so many times for shit they didn't do when it comes to domestic violence.
9/13/11 1:40 AM
LiveFromThe7x7

Fan For Life - If he didn't do it, he wouldn't be saying he is guilty.

False.
9/13/11 2:02 AM
LiveFromThe7x7

Fan For Life - 
LiveFromThe7x7 - 

False.

Would you willingly put your name on a list for the rest of your life that makes people think you molest little children?

To avoid prison? I well might.
9/13/11 2:07 AM
MIKE CIESNOLEVICZ
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT
9/13/11 2:20 AM
LiveFromThe7x7

Fan For Life - 
LiveFromThe7x7 - 
Fan For Life - 
LiveFromThe7x7 - 

False.

Would you willingly put your name on a list for the rest of your life that makes people think you molest little children?

To avoid prison? I well might.

And why would he go to prison? Perhaps because he did something illegal.

Okay, you have just passed 2nd grade logic skills.

You obviously know nothing about the American court system.

It's a he-said-she-said case. If the jury believes him, he walks. If he has a bad day, or the jury doesn't like him, he goes to prison.

He'd risk going to prison for decades. Or he could cop a plea to a crime he did not commit in order to avoid a lengthy prison sentence.

Even for someone in Vegas, a jury trial is a bad bet.
9/13/11 6:56 AM
Kostakio
491 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

At the risk of being flamed, I'm not sure Whitehead did anything that bad here. I mean, the chick slept in his bed and they were both really drunk. Fair game, imo. As far as not stopping right way, he may have messed up there a bit but again, like someone said it's "he said-she said". Phone Post
9/13/11 7:09 AM
In Limbo
213 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/13/11 7:09 AM
Kostakio -  At the risk of being flamed, I'm not sure Whitehead did anything that bad here. I mean, the chick slept in his bed and they were both really drunk. Fair game, imo. As far as not stopping right way, he may have messed up there a bit but again, like someone said it's "he said-she said". Phone Post

so if she slept on his couch or on the floor then he would be wrong?

the UG defends mma guys to the death even when there is mounting evidence against them...this case went through the courts and Whitehead is pleaing

9/13/11 7:54 AM
GladiatorGannon
279 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kostakio - At the risk of being flamed, I'm not sure Whitehead did anything that bad here. I mean, the chick slept in his bed and they were both really drunk. Fair game, imo.

No it's not.
9/13/11 8:01 AM
GladiatorGannon
279 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/13/11 8:01 AM
If someone decides to "crash in your bed" after the party, you're perfectly fine making a move...while she's conscious.

Doing it after they fall asleep...not right.

(This is not a slam on Whitehead, I haven't heard his side of the story, just a general rule).
9/13/11 8:03 AM
1oldfart

now i know mike is a different story but its easy to get on the sex offender list in the good ol u.s.a.
urination in public
female flashing of breasts, many went down for this at lake havasu.
are just a couple.
9/13/11 8:07 AM
Jaybrone
442 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GladiatorGannon - 
Kostakio - At the risk of being flamed, I'm not sure Whitehead did anything that bad here. I mean, the chick slept in his bed and they were both really drunk. Fair game, imo.

No it's not.

Did you know that consent from some one under the influence of alcohol or drugs is not true consent and can be prosecuted as rape?

Anyway don't know the story not going to hammer him either way. But it's very likely he took a plea because he did atleast something wrong and wanted to avoid serving time.
9/13/11 8:13 AM
GladiatorGannon

Edited: 09/13/11 8:16 AM
I think he's going to regret this. He's a big strong guy, a UFC vet, and an experienced drug dealer - he would have had an easier time in prison than 99% of the population.

Much bigger gamble for a small weak guy going in.

He probably did it because even 5 years would effectively end his athletic career. I think he's underestimating how much the Registry is going to effect his life. He can't be around children, which will effectively end his abilty to be associated with most martial arts schools.
9/13/11 8:36 AM
rootsa

GladiatorGannon - He probably did it because even 5 years would effectively end his athletic career. I think he's underestimating how much the Registry is going to effect his life. He can't be around children, which will effectively end his abilty to be associated with most martial arts schools.

What fight promotion would even want a registered sex offender to fight for them. Once he took this deal his fate was sealed. He is a registered sex offender with little upside to any fight promotion.

9/13/11 8:38 AM
Authority Figure

The vast majority of men that commit an act of domestic violence go unpunished. Let's be honest no two women on earth were down for having sex with Whitehead in the same night. Doesn't even sound reasonable.
9/13/11 8:40 AM
Authority Figure

GladiatorGannon - I think he's going to regret this. He's a big strong guy, a UFC vet, and an experienced drug dealer - he would have had an easier time in prison than 99% of the population.

Much bigger gamble for a small weak guy going in.

He probably did it because even 5 years would effectively end his athletic career. I think he's underestimating how much the Registry is going to effect his life. He can't be around children, which will effectively end his abilty to be associated with most martial arts schools.

So your theory is that he should have taken the prison sentence because most martial arts schools would want a hardened felon, fresh off a conviction for rape? lol
9/13/11 8:40 AM
Kostakio
491 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jaybrone - 
GladiatorGannon - 

No it's not.

Did you know that consent from some one under the influence of alcohol or drugs is not true consent and can be prosecuted as rape? 
 How are they going to prove that you knew she was under any influence? Also, why was she in his bed? Intercourse was inevitable. C'mon, I'd be the first one to jump on his hate bandwagon if I felt that he really forced himself on her... but it seems like she just changed her mind mid-thrust or something.

Oh, and this is why I think drugs and alcohol are stupid.
9/13/11 8:41 AM
Humphrey

Edited: 09/13/11 8:43 AM
look you guys can make excuses all you want, but pleading guilty means he's guilty beyond a reasonable doubt, and if you don't think they had a mountain of evidence against him you're nuts. Why would he accept a deal to be supervised FOR LIFE, and a registered sex offender if he had ANY case?

christ people make excuses for these people all the time here. For some reason the UG thinks if the guy is an mma figheter he can do no wrong,

and the people saying she was drunk? jeuss christ, what are you fucking 12?

the guy is the lowest form of life on the planet, and thankfully the courts will hold him under their thumb for the rest of his life, and maybe keep it from happening again.... MAYBE but considering 60% of sex convicts re-offend, it's still leaning against that
9/13/11 8:43 AM
Kostakio

The real issue here is why there are no pics of said c0cktease.

9/13/11 8:46 AM
Bootsy Collins
178 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

stonepony - Pretty pathetic people jumping to conclusions to defend this guy. What was his text message about being ashamed for last night? Did he fart at the dinner table?

Get real. How likely is it that if he actually did it he would send her a text the next day basically saying 'Sorry bout rape last night, boy is my face red LOL'

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.