UnderGround Forums

NFLGround >> Sit em Start em week 2.....

9/14/11 6:48 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Tons
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Same question from week 1.

Best vs. Chiefs
Hightower vs. Cardinals

Ended up starting Best because i liked his targers out of backfield, thinking Highetower is much more the TD threat.

Hightower had 4 more points.  Did not matter won week 1.
9/14/11 9:40 PM
caleb
237 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tons -  Same question from week 1.

Best vs. Chiefs
Hightower vs. Cardinals

Ended up starting Best because i liked his targers out of backfield, thinking Highetower is much more the TD threat.

Isn't there anyway you can start both of them? They both have outstanding match ups this week. If I had to choose, I would take Best this week because KC let Buffalo score 41 points in their own stadium. I see a one sided beatdown again this week in Detroit.

Hightower is going to want to tear his old team up and make them realize they traded away the wrong RB. I see him having a lights out game too.
9/14/11 9:57 PM
FreakZilla
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/14/11 9:59 PM
caleb -
FreakZilla - Need 2 RBs, 2 WRs, and 1 Flex:

Turner vs PHI
F. Jackson vs OAK
Harvin vs TB

Here you go.

Turner vs PHI
F. Jackson vs OAK
Harvin vs TB

Thanks Caleb, however I need 5 players. Any other suggestions?
9/14/11 11:04 PM
Shane Sherk
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Reggie Bush vs. Houston

or

James Starks vs. Carolina
9/15/11 2:22 AM
Waylay
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have the Chargers defense. I am fairly certain they are not getting me many points against the Patriots this week.  There are some decent defensive options available on waivers this week.

Should I switch the Chargers out this week, and risk another team picking them up for the season?

Should I drop Joseph Addai or Ryan Grant for a 2nd defense to start this week, keeping the Chargers on the bench?

Or just roll with the Chargers and take my licks?
9/15/11 7:43 AM
caleb
237 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FreakZilla - 
caleb -
FreakZilla - Need 2 RBs, 2 WRs, and 1 Flex:

Turner vs PHI
F. Jackson vs OAK
Harvin vs TB

Here you go.

Turner vs PHI
F. Jackson vs OAK
Harvin vs TB

Thanks Caleb, however I need 5 players. Any other suggestions?

Sorry, I read it wrong. I'm going to switch things up a bit as well.

MJD vs Jets RB
Turner vs PHI RB
Tolbert vs NE Flex (Make sure he plays.. I'm about 95% positive he will. If not, switch him and Jackson out)

Harvin vs TB WR
Smith vs GB WR
9/15/11 7:44 AM
caleb

Shane Sherk - Reggie Bush vs. Houston

or

James Starks vs. Carolina

Reggie Bush.. and I hate saying that because the guy I'm playing against has Bush as well.
9/15/11 7:46 AM
caleb

Waylay -  I have the Chargers defense. I am fairly certain they are not getting me many points against the Patriots this week.  There are some decent defensive options available on waivers this week.

Should I switch the Chargers out this week, and risk another team picking them up for the season?

Should I drop Joseph Addai or Ryan Grant for a 2nd defense to start this week, keeping the Chargers on the bench?

Yes, switch the Chargers out with the Giants, Detroit, or Bills. In that order. Change up your defense every week depending on who has the best match ups.

I like Addai this week. But perfectly fine to drop Grant for another defense to start this week. See list above.
9/15/11 10:43 AM
Heykiddo
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Matt Ryan vs Phil
or
Chad Henne vs Houston

Henne did pretty good last week and I think Atlanta will run the ball more this week.

Other one is Deion Branch against SD or Davone Bess against Hous or Hines Ward against Sea
9/15/11 10:49 AM
Beeno
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Caleb you always had me in the right place last year, I ended up winning my league.

This year, I f'd up and missed the first 3 rounds and it auto drafted Peyton Manning for me. Here's what I got, not a PPR league:

QB: Flacco or Henne
WR: Andre Johnson
WR: Mike Wallace
WR: Malcolm Floyd or Deion Branch
TE: Gronkowski (or Heap)
RB: MJD
RB: Mark Ingram, Danny Woodhead, or Roy Helu
K: Henery
DEF: Pitt (or Cleveland)

I need to drop Cleveland for another WR or RB but it's slim pickins in the free agents.
9/15/11 12:09 PM
caleb

Heykiddo - Matt Ryan vs Phil
or
Chad Henne vs Houston

Henne did pretty good last week and I think Atlanta will run the ball more this week.

Other one is Deion Branch against SD or Davone Bess against Hous or Hines Ward against Sea

These are all tough.

I would take Matt Ryan because I feel that a lot of time is going to be eaten up on the clock from Reggie Bush and Arian Foster running in the Miami/Houston game. I feel Matt Ryan will have a bounce back day at home this week.

I like Deion Branch at home against SD. Branch was Brady's main target last week and I see it being the same this week.
9/15/11 12:42 PM
caleb

Beeno - Caleb you always had me in the right place last year, I ended up winning my league.

This year, I f'd up and missed the first 3 rounds and it auto drafted Peyton Manning for me. Here's what I got, not a PPR league:

QB: Flacco or Henne
WR: Andre Johnson
WR: Mike Wallace
WR: Malcolm Floyd or Deion Branch
TE: Gronkowski (or Heap)
RB: MJD
RB: Mark Ingram, Danny Woodhead, or Roy Helu
K: Henery
DEF: Pitt (or Cleveland)

I need to drop Cleveland for another WR or RB but it's slim pickins in the free agents.

Beeno,
Yeah, I remember you from last year. Welcome back man! This is a pretty good team you have. See below.

Flacco
Gronk
Branch
Ingram
PIT (BIGTIME)
9/15/11 1:33 PM
uratoker2
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hi gents. Pick 2 out of this group:

Steve Smith (Carolina) @ Green Bay
Dwayne Bowe @ Detroit
Robert Meachem vs. da Bears
Percy Harvin vs. Tampa Bay
Jacoby Jones @ Miami
9/15/11 3:00 PM
caleb

uratoker2 - Hi gents. Pick 2 out of this group:

Dwayne Bowe @ Detroit
Robert Meachem vs. da Bears
Jacoby Jones @ Miami

Here you go...

9/15/11 3:52 PM
Shane Sherk
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MIke Sims-Walker @ NYG (cuz who the hell else is Bradford gonna throw to now?)

or

Malcom Floyd @ NE
9/15/11 4:01 PM
caleb

Shane Sherk - MIke Sims-Walker @ NYG (cuz who the hell else is Bradford gonna throw to now?)

or

Malcom Floyd @ NE

I'm not big on either of these.. but I would stay far away from anyone on the Rams. I would take Floyd here.
9/15/11 4:45 PM
Beeno
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

caleb - 

Beeno,
Yeah, I remember you from last year. Welcome back man! This is a pretty good team you have. See below.

Flacco
Gronk
Branch
Ingram
PIT (BIGTIME)

Thanks man. I'm still not hot on my #2 RB situation, but hopefully Ingram can start to blow up. If not Woodhead could pay off I put him in the right matchups.
9/15/11 4:49 PM
caleb

Ingram is going to be really really good. The only problem is he has to split carries with PT and sproles. I still think they want to play him as much as possible because they know he is the best RB they have. Stick with him.... he will pay off for you.
9/15/11 6:42 PM
Tons
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

caleb - 

Best vs. Chiefs
Hightower vs. Cardinals

Isn't there anyway you can start both of them? They both have outstanding match ups this week. If I had to choose, I would take Best this week because KC let Buffalo score 41 points in their own stadium. I see a one sided beatdown again this week in Detroit.

Hightower is going to want to tear his old team up and make them realize they traded away the wrong RB. I see him having a lights out game too.
I got AP as my other rb, so no go on starting both.  We do not use flex spot.

9/15/11 6:55 PM
caleb

Tons - 
caleb - 

Best vs. Chiefs
Hightower vs. Cardinals

I got AP as my other rb, so no go on starting both.  We do not use flex spot.

That really sucks that you don't have a flex spot in your league.
9/16/11 5:02 AM
strontium90
80 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I happen to have LeGarrette Blount on my fantasy team - and I'm starting him because Minnesota still won't have Kevin Williams for one more week (suspension).
9/16/11 6:25 AM
caleb

Waylay -  I have the Chargers defense. I am fairly certain they are not getting me many points against the Patriots this week.  There are some decent defensive options available on waivers this week.

I don't think you have to worry about hanging on to the Chargers defense. You can just play the defenses that are available each week. That is what I have always done and it works out better in my opinion. This week, good options are.. Detroit, NYG, and Buffalo.

If you still want to hang on to the Chargers defense, I would drop Ryan Grant. I had Ryan Grant on my team but dropped him after the first week once I saw how that he doesn't get goal line carries and Starks looks much better.
9/16/11 2:20 PM
Rahim Jetha

I need some help with my WR 3 please (WR 1 and 2 are Lloyd and Manningham - PPR league):

M Thomas @ NYJ
D Branch vs SD
Jacoby Jones @ MIA

I am leaning towards Jones. Thanks in advance!
9/16/11 4:34 PM
Shane Sherk

Brandon Gibson @ NYG

or

Malcom Floyd @ NE

I know you said to avoid STL guys, but Gibson seems like he might breakout. What do you think?
9/16/11 4:37 PM
caleb

Rahim Jetha - I need some help with my WR 3 please (WR 1 and 2 are Lloyd and Manningham - PPR league):

M Thomas @ NYJ
D Branch vs SD
Jacoby Jones @ MIA

I am leaning towards Jones. Thanks in advance!

Deion Branch all day. He is Brady's favorite and most trusted receiver and he looked great last week. He is sure to have a good day come Sunday.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.