UnderGround Forums

NFLGround >> After Week One Can We Say We Missed The Offseason

9/13/11 11:22 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Tebowkakke
125 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Quickly about Denver, we did everything a team could do to lose a game, and still were very much in it until the end. The play was TERRIBLE by both teams. Elvis bangs up his shoulder, and Oakland came out and shut the run down quickly.

Moving on, KC gets blown out by Buffalo, the Steelers get blown out by Baltimore, and the play was overall spotty at best over the first week. Hopefully it gets better soon.
9/13/11 6:10 PM
Waylay
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Definitely. Pretty much all the games I watched had plenty of miscues, misreads, missed plays etc.
9/13/11 9:18 PM
endochokedme
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

thats all you got 303?

Raiders D-line dominated the Broncos...
9/13/11 10:09 PM
TheRealJoker
83 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Keeping Kubiak seems like a good idea now just for sake of consistency. The offense returned every starter except Vonta Leach. James Casey is the new FB and he's a different type of FB which allows the offense to do different things like motioning him out to the slot.

The least experienced player on offense that will get to play on Sundays is backup running back Ben Tate who missed his rookie year last year due to injury.

The defense obviously couldn't get worse, especially with a genius defensive mind like Wade Phillips finally calling the shots. I can't wait to see what the defense looks like after a few more games under Phillips.
9/14/11 3:08 AM
Tebowkakke
125 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

endochokedme - thats all you got 303?

Raiders D-line dominated the Broncos...

From pillar to post my friend. Horrible play scheme by Mike McCoy. You do not run AT the Raiders, you have to get them moving side to side and cut them down. We tried to run right at them and it didn't work. I really thought we were going to come back and win the game until Orton just drops the damn ball. Overall both teams looked terrible, and the refs didn't help anything either. It seemed like there was a flag on every play.

Pretty big let down for the NFL overall in week 1, unless your name is Tom Brady.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.