UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Gegard Mousasi Wants SF Title B4 Move to UFC

9/13/11 3:58 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
J-Tee
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMA Quick Quote: Gegard Mousasi wants to win Strikeforce title before move to UFC

Photo

"If you're the Strikeforce champion, then you have a lot more possibilities. I still have a contract with Strikeforce. It makes sense to be a champion there before something like fighting in the UFC can happen. But I don't know. I'm just focusing on Strikeforce, and eventually it's not my decision. I just need to keep winning my fights. That's the most important thing. ... I think eventually everyone will end up in the UFC if you want to be considered one of the best. I'm very open for that, but it's not really up to me. It depends on if they would like me in the UFC or not, but I'm open to that."

-- Muhammed Lawal might not want anything to do with the Strikeforce light heavyweight title but Gegard Mousasi (via Sherdog) sees the potential value in holding it when it comes time to make the jump the UFC. "King Mo," coincidentally, is the man who took the "Dreamcatcher's" 205-pound strap back in April of last year. Mousasi has fought just once under the Strikeforce banner since then, a draw with Keith Jardine in April of this year. His stock isn't exactly at its highest because of that and holding a belt means at least gaining some leverage for future fight talks. That is if UFC hasn't stripped the promotion bare and left the light heavyweight title in limbo. Care to see Mousasi up against the big dogs in the world's largest fight promotion? Or is he better off defending his DREAM title overseas?
9/13/11 3:59 PM
OftheWay
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In a rematch, I think it would be tough for Lawal to pull a repeat.
9/13/11 4:04 PM
Darth Ryase
1267 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nobody won the Mo-Moose fight. Nobody.
9/13/11 4:13 PM
Ligeia420

warheart209 - He needs to come to the UFC. Who even watches Dream dont they like not even pay their champions like K-1.

Dream is the best boy, watch your mouth.
9/13/11 4:14 PM
ranier wolfcastle
843 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

he sure got ripped off when they gave him the draw with sardine.
he'd make a great fight with feijao
9/13/11 4:16 PM
OftheWay

ranier wolfcastle -  he sure got ripped off when they gave him the draw with sardine.
he'd make a great fight with feijao

This.  Awesome matchup.
9/13/11 4:29 PM
newjack900
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I like Mousasi a lot but without better takedown defense he will never be able to string enough wins in a row to be a Champ in the UFC. I hope he fills this hole in his game bc the other tools he possesses are pretty amazing. I personally like him better at 185 then 205 but he doesn't seem too keen on cutting.
9/13/11 4:48 PM
knockoutfighter

I'd like to see Hendo fight some guys from the UFC while the SF LHW's sort themselves out. King Mo, Mousassi, and Feijao should form a number #1 contender match.
9/13/11 6:33 PM
Lessphilling
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

crazy as it sounds, Gayhard v. Shogun/Rampage would prob be barnburners

I love SF, but 2,000 fans last weekend sounds like the writing is on the wall, snatch up GM already UFC
9/13/11 7:25 PM
Haadogei

He should fight for their middleweight belt. Make more sense for the remaining guys in the org.
9/13/11 7:49 PM
JeremyLambert88
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If he's willing to wait until February to get the Strikeforce title, he can search the San Jose garbage dump.
9/13/11 8:08 PM
shartkuri

Gerard is a smart man.
9/13/11 8:35 PM
Dongbar13
246 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

9/13/11 8:35 PM
Dongbar13
246 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/13/11 8:35 PM
double

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.