UnderGround Forums

NFLGround >> Help me win my week 2 matchup?

9/14/11 8:02 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
ec
76 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm the team on the right. Projected at 113, he's projected at 117. He's the defending champ so I'd love to start off this season 2-0 against two of the best in the league. The projected favorite in our league had a terrible week last week and I beat him, scoring 89 points.

Any help? Any sleeper pickups? Kickers and D/ST suggestions are even welcome, when it comes down to it points are points!

9/14/11 9:17 PM
caleb
221 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/15/11 10:24 PM
The odds are stacked against you a bit. He has a better team...although I think it will be very close this particular week.

I don't know what kickers are available in your league but Josh Brown won't be kicking many field goals against the Giants on Monday. I just picked up John Kasay from NO because he is on a team that has no problem with making it to the redzone. See if you can grab him.

Switch out the Jets defense and put in the Giants defense. Bradford has nobody to throw the ball to and the Giants will be playing tough at home. I see sacks, fumbles, and interceptions by the Giants in that game.

Keep an eye on Foster to make sure he plays. If he doesn't, put in Brandon Jacobs. Jacobs is getting the goal line carries in NY and there should be plenty of scoring by them in that game.
9/14/11 9:25 PM
ec
76 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OK, got Kasay. Switched the D.

Since my RB/WR are weak I'll show the available ones.

9/15/11 4:45 PM
caleb
221 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You need to grab Hines Ward off the waiver wire... he is about the only decent one on there.
9/15/11 5:59 PM
Tommy Gunnz
133 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol @ taking out arguably the best defense in fantasy football that is going against a HORRIBLE jacksonville team with a HORRIBLE quarterback. When you have the jets defense on your team you don't have to play the "matchup" game every week
9/15/11 6:22 PM
ec

Dropping Derrick Ward to pick up Hines Ward. I'm first on waivers so I know it will go through. Is he good enough to start over Maclin, Meachem or Holmes this week?
9/15/11 6:43 PM
caleb

ec -  Dropping Derrick Ward to pick up Hines Ward. I'm first on waivers so I know it will go through. Is he good enough to start over Maclin, Meachem or Holmes this week?

I would start him over Maclin this week. But besides that, you want him on your bench.
9/15/11 6:53 PM
caleb

Tommy Gunnz - lol @ taking out arguably the best defense in fantasy football that is going against a HORRIBLE jacksonville team with a HORRIBLE quarterback. When you have the jets defense on your team you don't have to play the "matchup" game every week

Alright, how about we bet $20 on which defense scores the most points for him this week and the loser pays via paypal? The Jet's are certainly a good team to play this week but he has the Giants sitting on the bench who are playing at home against a Pathetic and depleted Rams team who is playing on the road.

I want this guy to win this week, not make you happy by putting in your home team.
9/15/11 7:09 PM
ec

Really tempted to put in Ryan Mathews this week. Considering I have a group of hit or miss WR/RBs in most cases, the player with the touchdown is going to make or break my game. Unless I'm lucky, none of them are going to get me double-digit points with yardage alone.

I'm going to trust Meachem, definitely, with Colston out. But Maclin, Holmes, Ward, Mathews, maybe even Jacobs? It's a pick'em on who gets me the points week to week. I needed Tolbert to be injured (that sounds horrible) to make Mathews a must play I think but he still may have some value.

And regarding the D, I put in the Giants--gonna trust caleb on this one.

Thanks for all the help!
9/15/11 7:16 PM
Tommy Gunnz
133 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i don't give a fuck about the "home team" aspect, he just happens to have the Jets (who were ranked #1 or #2 by all fantasy experts) AND they are playing one of, if not THE worst team in football. They didn't play well or look good last week but that was also against a team who I bet is top 3 in total offense this year. If he had Pittsburgh or Baltimore (who really isn't even that great a defense anymore, just reputation) you wouldn't tell him to start the Giants over them would you?

I'm not saying the giants are a bad play but to not play the #1 defense against a horrible team and horrible offense seems awfully risky. I'd be shocked if Jax scores more than 3-7 points in this game.

And I live in NY and actually see the giants games unlike you and their defense is not that good. They have really shitty linebackers and a pretty bad secondary. Their d-line is nasty and should get sacks and pressure (is Tuck even playing this week?)

We can argue until the cows come home but the fact is, which is undebatable, the Jets are the safer pick to start as your fantasy defense this week
9/15/11 7:21 PM
Ronin Burgundy
306 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

caleb - 
Tommy Gunnz - lol @ taking out arguably the best defense in fantasy football that is going against a HORRIBLE jacksonville team with a HORRIBLE quarterback. When you have the jets defense on your team you don't have to play the "matchup" game every week

Alright, how about we bet $20 on which defense scores the most points for him this week and the loser pays via paypal? The Jet's are certainly a good team to play this week but he has the Giants sitting on the bench who are playing at home against a Pathetic and depleted Rams team who is playing on the road.

I want this guy to win this week, not make you happy by putting in your home team.

I recently switched banks and haven't updated my paypal but I would take this bet in heart beat. Easy money. I usually agree with your analysis Caleb, but I think you're dead wrong on this one. Jets D is top 5 every week and the Giants are lucky to crack the top 10 with favorable matchups.
9/15/11 7:22 PM
Ronin Burgundy
306 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If you have the Jets, you shouldn't even carry a 2nd D. Hell, you shouldn't carry two D regardless unless you think you can trade one down the road.
9/15/11 7:42 PM
ec

... *puts jets back in*

And I'm not sure who to pick up, if not a second D. I already know I won't win the league this year, this team isn't all that great IMO for a 10 person league.
9/15/11 7:55 PM
Ronin Burgundy

It's tough, you might want to invest in a lottery ticket, someone that will have instant starter status if the lead back gets injured. Especially backs that have poor injury history. Grab one (or two or all 3) and cross your fingers.

Delone Carter - Addai
Deji Karim- MJD
Kendall Hunter- Gore
9/15/11 8:26 PM
Tommy Gunnz

Ronin Burgundy - It's tough, you might want to invest in a lottery ticket, someone that will have instant starter status if the lead back gets injured. Especially backs that have poor injury history. Grab one (or two or all 3) and cross your fingers.

Delone Carter - Addai
Deji Karim- MJD
Kendall Hunter- Gore

guys, take my word for it or don't but I have seen every college game that Kendall Hunter has played in and this kid is a serious talent. If he were starting right now (or once Gore gets hurt.........which will happen), he is going to put up some serious numbers rushing and receiving. I'm not sure what Gore's contract situation is like but if it is ending soon I would be my ass that they end up letting him walk and Hunter becomes the starter in the somewhat near future
9/15/11 10:13 PM
caleb

Edited: 09/15/11 10:25 PM
Tommy Gunnz - i don't give a fuck about the "home team" aspect, he just happens to have the Jets (who were ranked #1 or #2 by all fantasy experts) AND they are playing one of, if not THE worst team in football. They didn't play well or look good last week but that was also against a team who I bet is top 3 in total offense this year. If he had Pittsburgh or Baltimore (who really isn't even that great a defense anymore, just reputation) you wouldn't tell him to start the Giants over them would you?

I'm not saying the giants are a bad play but to not play the #1 defense against a horrible team and horrible offense seems awfully risky. I'd be shocked if Jax scores more than 3-7 points in this game.

And I live in NY and actually see the giants games unlike you and their defense is not that good. They have really shitty linebackers and a pretty bad secondary. Their d-line is nasty and should get sacks and pressure (is Tuck even playing this week?)

We can argue until the cows come home but the fact is, which is undebatable, the Jets are the safer pick to start as your fantasy defense this week

First off the Jets aren't ranked the #1 fantasy defense, that would belong to the Steelers and Packers and you saw what happened to the Steelers in week one.

The Jet's are a great defense and they have a great match up this week on the road, I never disputed that. I just happen to believe that the Giants have an even better match up and coming off of a loss, they will be looking to kill the banged up Rams. Playing at home and having the home crowd yelling and screaming and causing confusion between the offense also plays into it.

The Eagles don't even have a great defensive line and they manged to get 5 sacks and a fumble recovery for a touch down against the Rams.

Just Tuck says he isn't feeling any pain anymore and has a gut feeling he will be playing. That also makes a huge difference because that guy is a beast.
9/15/11 10:17 PM
caleb

Ronin Burgundy - 
caleb - 

I recently switched banks and haven't updated my paypal but I would take this bet in heart beat. Easy money. I usually agree with your analysis Caleb, but I think you're dead wrong on this one. Jets D is top 5 every week and the Giants are lucky to crack the top 10 with favorable matchups.

I wish you had a paypal account too....
9/15/11 10:38 PM
Ronin Burgundy

LOL. These are people who are paid well for their fantasy analysis. They do rankings weekly once on Wed and again on Friday because of injuries (the D/St rankings rarely change).

http://sports.espn.go.com/fantasy/football/ffl/story?page=11ranksWeek2DST

Four "experts" have Jets ranked 3, 3, 3, 1 for an average of 2.5 overall only the Steelers and Packers rank higher this week.

The same experts have Giants ranked 15, 18, 10, 11 for an average of 13.5 overall.

I know you're the OG expert on ff but I'll have to disagree with you in this instance...

Wanna SN bet on it?
9/15/11 10:44 PM
Ronin Burgundy

ah, I forgot you're a cowboy fan, still steaming about that Revis pick 6 I take it :)
9/16/11 6:27 AM
caleb

Edited: 09/16/11 6:30 AM
Ronin Burgundy - LOL. These are people who are paid well for their fantasy analysis. They do rankings weekly once on Wed and again on Friday because of injuries (the D/St rankings rarely change).

http://sports.espn.go.com/fantasy/football/ffl/story?page=11ranksWeek2DST

Four "experts" have Jets ranked 3, 3, 3, 1 for an average of 2.5 overall only the Steelers and Packers rank higher this week.

The same experts have Giants ranked 15, 18, 10, 11 for an average of 13.5 overall.

I know you're the OG expert on ff but I'll have to disagree with you in this instance...

Wanna SN bet on it?

In my yahoo projected stats, it has the Jets and Giants both projected at 14 points. I don't always go off of what the nerdy ff experts say, they are wrong all the time. Yeah, lets screen name bet on it.
9/16/11 6:28 AM
caleb

I am a cowboys fan but I'm over that loss. The Cowboys are going to have a great season this year.

Who is your team?
9/16/11 1:54 PM
Ronin Burgundy

I agree the cowboys will have a good year. My team is the Seahawks and I didn't re-up my season tix this year. I'm actually in a ppr were the winner wins two tix to 5 home games next year, and some weekly winners are going to win two tix to home games this year.

We're most likely going to lead the Luck sweepstakes. Tough times for Seattle sports fans. I'm a legacy Pats fan as well (my Dad was born and raised outside Boston). So my AFC team is solid. Lol.

We have an SN bet. I obviously like to lean to the safe side more than the upside.
9/16/11 4:56 PM
caleb

Ronin Burgundy - I agree the cowboys will have a good year. My team is the Seahawks and I didn't re-up my season tix this year. I'm actually in a ppr were the winner wins two tix to 5 home games next year, and some weekly winners are going to win two tix to home games this year.

We're most likely going to lead the Luck sweepstakes. Tough times for Seattle sports fans. I'm a legacy Pats fan as well (my Dad was born and raised outside Boston). So my AFC team is solid. Lol.

We have an SN bet. I obviously like to lean to the safe side more than the upside.

Ouch, I think the Seahawks are easily the worst team in the league this year. They will surely get Luck! That is a pretty cool league you are in that gives 5 tix away. Hopefully they aren't nose bleeds!

Ok, we are on for the screen name bet.
9/16/11 5:32 PM
Ronin Burgundy

Yeah we're a shitty team with a tough schedule, recipe for #1 draft pick. I survived Beast Quake though and that was the best game I've ever been to. 2nd best was Romo's mis-handled FG hold. Zing :)

Seriously though, I need Felix to stay healthy this year to win those tix. Let's Go FELIX!!
9/16/11 6:08 PM
caleb

Ronin Burgundy - Yeah we're a shitty team with a tough schedule, recipe for #1 draft pick. I survived Beast Quake though and that was the best game I've ever been to. 2nd best was Romo's mis-handled FG hold. Zing :)

Seriously though, I need Felix to stay healthy this year to win those tix. Let's Go FELIX!!

Oh yeah, that beast mode run was epic! Seattle didn't even belong in the playoffs last year. I love it when teams aren't suppose to get in and then they luck in AND get home field advantage. Then the players play out of their mind to knock off a good team! Don't remind me of the Romo mis-handled FG. That dude just has bad luck.

I have Felix on my team too. Keep in mine he plays Buffalo, Washington, Seattle, St. Louis, Arizona, and other random bad teams this year. If he can stay healthy, he will be putting up big numbers. Dallas has to get more creative with throwing him short passes and screen passes. That is where he can light it up. He isn't just a pure RB that can take 20 carries every game. He does have the ability to take it to the house at any given time though.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.