UnderGround Forums

Wrestling UnderGround >> Wresling for beginner adult in AZ?

9/15/11 3:54 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
allthat
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have primarily a judo/BJJ background but am looking to expand my horizons and compliment my current skills with some wrestling basics. The no-gi class at my school is mostly BJJ based and I tried calling a couple of clubs I found online only to find out they are geared towards high school programs. I was hoping someone here could save me some time point me in the direction of a place that would accomdate and adult intersted in wrestling basics. any input would be appreciated. Thanks!
9/15/11 4:02 PM
allthat

yikes!! excuse the spelling errors. typed really fast looking over my shoulder at work
9/20/11 11:50 AM
onyx2002
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Possibly something at MCC? Where do you train BJJ/Judo at currently? Is there not a wrestler that trains with you that you could work with before or after class?
9/22/11 8:23 AM
allthat

thanks for the input! its really a shame there is nothing around. i checked out power mma (bader dollaway) and they dont offer a wrestling classes which doesnt make sense to me given their backgrounds. Same goes for community colleges around here. I did come back into town today to the news their is a current or former D1 wrestler who just recently signed up(not sure from the message) and the owner of the school is going to ask him if he is interested in teaching one class a week if there is enough interest. so fingers crossed!! thanks again. Will update if and when the class gets up and running
9/23/11 12:39 PM
onyx2002
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That would be awesome for your gym and training partners. Care to share where you train out of? I'm always up for quality wrestling instruction.
10/4/11 1:21 PM
Guzzo

Scott Garcia is a beast at Judo. He trains with the American Pancrtion guys at
ASU.http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/profile.php?id=500509412 Contact scott at...

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.