UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Brett Rogers reaches plea agreement

9/15/11 10:39 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground News
1224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Underground News, Editor

Brett Rogers pled guilty to one count of third-degree assault on Thursday morning stemming from a late June domestic assault incident. Three other charges in relation to the incident were dismissed as part of the plea agreement.

A pre-sentence investigation will be conducted in advance of a Nov. 30 sentencing hearing. Rogers remains free on $100,000 bond and could still face jail time, however Rogers’ attorney, Murad Mohammed, feels there is a good chance that his client could see a stay of imposition in any sentence given his lack of previous record and willingness to seek help.

“Overall, Brett and I are pleased with the outcome,” said Mohammed. “I think it’s important for everyone, especially Brett’s wife and family, to know that Brett has taken ownership for everything that’s happened. It’s an unfortunate situation for the family and the end result is Brett not having a felony conviction resulting in him returning to his family and continuing to fight.”

Read entire article...

9/15/11 10:40 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Mdot50
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/15/11 10:40 PM
Hope he can improve his all around game... would like to see him get his confidence back, that he once had on his feet....
9/15/11 10:41 PM
irishrottie
123 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

former project kid from the cabrini grrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeennnnnnnn
9/15/11 10:43 PM
FadeToBlack
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

irishrottie - former project kid from the cabrini grrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeennnnnnnn

Somebody quick, post the gif of the decapitation!
9/15/11 10:44 PM
irishrottie
123 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

thats what gus said when he was commentating the domestic violence that occured.
9/15/11 10:45 PM
Hired Gun
534 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The way he beat her I hope Zuffa draws the line and doesn't sign him.
9/15/11 10:46 PM
irishrottie

Hired Gun - The way he beat her I hope Zuffa draws the line and doesn't sign him.

fuck that shit. courts deal with that stuff. shouldnt influence his career.
9/15/11 11:08 PM
FadeToBlack

I'd like to see Brett in the UFC, but I hold no delusions that he would be anything other than a gatekeeper the likes of Chieck.
9/15/11 11:09 PM
Sprawl'n'Stall
72 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

irishrottie - 
Hired Gun - The way he beat her I hope Zuffa draws the line and doesn't sign him.

fuck that shit. courts deal with that stuff. shouldnt influence his career.

What he did looks horrible, and from what got out, he seems to have abused her and his kids before. Total scum.

Yet I agree. Courts deal with this. If he's a free man, he has the right to get beat up for a few bucks, and even a chance to win the big ones if his performances finally match his ego .
9/16/11 3:21 AM
Sk1tzO420
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I would say its horriblr PR, but look at Vick. He is being given millions again, and will be back to his thug ways in no time, and shit won't happen.

I live in metro ATL, and people still wear his falcon jerseys.

But I digress, it will look bad for a while, then hell fight, and people will forget all about the fact that he is a child abusing wifebeater.
9/16/11 4:08 AM
OldManMinerva

Sk1tzO420 - I would say its horriblr PR, but look at Vick. He is being given millions again, and will be back to his thug ways in no time, and shit won't happen.

But I digress, it will look bad for a while, then hell fight, and people will forget all about the fact that he is a child abusing wifebeater.

he's a "thug" because he got into a family argument?

How about you're a coward because you post shite online
9/16/11 4:12 AM
Manny Yarbrough GOAT

I'd like to see him against Brendan Shaub or Joey Beltran 
9/16/11 5:12 AM
Sk1tzO420
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The reading comprehension on this site is absolutely appalling. See if you can keep up with me. I called mike vick a thug(fact), and said brett was a child abusing wife beater(proven fact).

How about you have a big bowl of shut the fuck up, with a side of get you head out of your ass, and finish with you are also a coward by your own standards.
9/16/11 6:30 AM
Humphrey

Sk1tzO420 - I would say its horriblr PR, but look at Vick. He is being given millions again, and will be back to his thug ways in no time, and shit won't happen.

ROFL uh... that's the NFL. it can absorb that. This is the UFC. you know, the company that's trying to establish itself as not brutal violence?
9/16/11 11:37 AM
cupertrooper
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Comments from Rogers:

http://fcfighter.com/post/all-but-one-domestic-violence-charge-dropped-against-heavyweight-brett-rogers-pleads-guilty-to-third-degree-assault
9/16/11 4:42 PM
1ChromosomeTooMany
1788 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He ended up with a really sharp attorney, whether by design or accident.  Was just talking to him the other day and wasn't aware he was representing Brett.  Saw Brett at the gym once not long ago, and he's in good hands with Greg.  Hopefully a change of scenery will be good for his life.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.