UnderGround Forums

Anaconda No-Gi UnderGround >> Where did Rousimar Palhares Get His Leglocks?

11/8/11 3:24 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
AokiPants
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mighty Cthulhu - Please, Reilly doesn't say you can't go low leg and finish, that's ridiculous. NY combat sambo guys attack the low leg all the time. They just view it as less preferable than the high leg.

As far as coming over the leg with the inside triangle, that's very effective, as shown by Dean Lister in that photo above. And Hall IS in the over/under far leg position in that pic, just not tight. Watch the match between Cobrinha and Rafa, you'll see inside and outside triangles left and right.

There are many different ways to finish leglocks. Anybody who says there is just one way ... c'mon.

Also, I have never noticed anything particularly complicated about Palhares' leglocks. They are just classic, generic leglocks executed with massive force, great speed, and solid technique.
If you watch the tiny details you'll notice some pretty good technique. For example, when his opponent spins during a heel hook he automatically switches his legs across the body to prevent the roll, something that Ryan Hall has been beating black belts with Phone Post
11/10/11 6:53 AM
MIKE CIESNOLEVICZ
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt Phone Post
11/16/11 10:10 PM
BJJWRESTLER
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ok,1st of all,Josh Johnson(etownbjj1) is a legit BJJ and Judo Blackbelt,competed at all kinds of levels in Judo and BJJ,along with being a well regarded coach and teacher.Tap21,Who are you? and who are these BJJ Blackbelts you have tapped in competition?
11/17/11 12:35 AM
Tap21
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/17/11 12:36 AM
I don't think anybody is saying anything bad about that particular UG member.

Besides, I generally don't judge someone's ideas based on anything other than those ideas.

I am not anybody special. I'm just a random internet forum poster who likes grappling. I also don't expect anybody to judge me based on anything other than my ideas. I had a good Grapplers Quest a few years ago and tapped a brown belt and a black belt using leg lock strategies similar to what Reilly Bodycomb teaches. This is really not anything special. A lot of guys have done the same. The video of those matches was posted in a few different places including this site. It's not really anything spectacular. My brother has also taken a bunch of medals in the advanced division at Grapplers Quest using similar strategies. I only referenced it earlier because someone raised the issue of whether I was working only on theory.
11/17/11 3:24 PM
BJJWRESTLER
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not my point at all.What I am saying is I know who he is,and he knows his stuff. As far as your statement,here is what you said," I have tapped BJJ Brown and Blackbelts",now you are changing your story to having a good day a few years ago at a Grapplers Quest,and tapping a Brown and a Black that day. As in singular,not like you inferred posts back,that you have tapped multiple Blackbelts.
11/17/11 3:30 PM
BJJWRESTLER

I like Gi and no-Gi,I am a 4 stripe purple belt. I have trained both,liked both. In my opinion,coming up in the Gi produces a better grappler,however,I respect the other side of the argument too.
11/18/11 1:36 PM
Tap21

BJJWRESTLER - "BJJ Brown and Blackbelts"

That's not what I said I put a space before belts so that it wouldn't look like I was implying multiple black belts. But, it doesn't really matter. I stated that my wins were humble, nothing fantastic, and that I would hope my ideas would be judged on their own.
11/18/11 1:36 PM
Tap21

BJJWRESTLER - In my opinion,coming up in the Gi produces a better grappler...

It's cool, we can just agree to disagree. No big deal.
11/18/11 8:39 PM
BJJWRESTLER

The thing is,and I am sure you have noticed,the approach you have taken when you post, not just showing your admiration for the no-Gi game,but the hostile approach you have trying to prove the point that no-Gi/Submission wrestling is superior to the Gi game.
You try way too hard,dude. Otherwise, you will continue to get heat on here.
11/18/11 11:49 PM
Tap21

Edited: 11/18/11 11:51 PM
Like I've said before, the thing that I believe is that the gi is not necessary to do well in no-gi.

Heat? Even the existence of this forum seemed to cause friction with certain people for a while. hahahaha Why? I don't know.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.