UnderGround Forums

Grappling/No-Gi/Submission Wrestling UnderGround >> Where did Rousimar Palhares Get His Leglocks?

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

11/16/11 10:10 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
BJJWRESTLER
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ok,1st of all,Josh Johnson(etownbjj1) is a legit BJJ and Judo Blackbelt,competed at all kinds of levels in Judo and BJJ,along with being a well regarded coach and teacher.Tap21,Who are you? and who are these BJJ Blackbelts you have tapped in competition?
11/17/11 12:35 AM
Tap21
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/17/11 12:36 AM
I don't think anybody is saying anything bad about that particular UG member.

Besides, I generally don't judge someone's ideas based on anything other than those ideas.

I am not anybody special. I'm just a random internet forum poster who likes grappling. I also don't expect anybody to judge me based on anything other than my ideas. I had a good Grapplers Quest a few years ago and tapped a brown belt and a black belt using leg lock strategies similar to what Reilly Bodycomb teaches. This is really not anything special. A lot of guys have done the same. The video of those matches was posted in a few different places including this site. It's not really anything spectacular. My brother has also taken a bunch of medals in the advanced division at Grapplers Quest using similar strategies. I only referenced it earlier because someone raised the issue of whether I was working only on theory.
11/17/11 3:24 PM
BJJWRESTLER
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not my point at all.What I am saying is I know who he is,and he knows his stuff. As far as your statement,here is what you said," I have tapped BJJ Brown and Blackbelts",now you are changing your story to having a good day a few years ago at a Grapplers Quest,and tapping a Brown and a Black that day. As in singular,not like you inferred posts back,that you have tapped multiple Blackbelts.
11/17/11 3:30 PM
BJJWRESTLER

I like Gi and no-Gi,I am a 4 stripe purple belt. I have trained both,liked both. In my opinion,coming up in the Gi produces a better grappler,however,I respect the other side of the argument too.
11/18/11 1:36 PM
Tap21

BJJWRESTLER - "BJJ Brown and Blackbelts"

That's not what I said I put a space before belts so that it wouldn't look like I was implying multiple black belts. But, it doesn't really matter. I stated that my wins were humble, nothing fantastic, and that I would hope my ideas would be judged on their own.
11/18/11 1:36 PM
Tap21

BJJWRESTLER - In my opinion,coming up in the Gi produces a better grappler...

It's cool, we can just agree to disagree. No big deal.
11/18/11 8:39 PM
BJJWRESTLER

The thing is,and I am sure you have noticed,the approach you have taken when you post, not just showing your admiration for the no-Gi game,but the hostile approach you have trying to prove the point that no-Gi/Submission wrestling is superior to the Gi game.
You try way too hard,dude. Otherwise, you will continue to get heat on here.
11/18/11 11:49 PM
Tap21

Edited: 11/18/11 11:51 PM
Like I've said before, the thing that I believe is that the gi is not necessary to do well in no-gi.

Heat? Even the existence of this forum seemed to cause friction with certain people for a while. hahahaha Why? I don't know.

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.