UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> UG News: Arlovski ducks McCorkle

9/16/11 4:47 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
FryedTakayama
858 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Andrei Arlovski's Camp Turns Down Sean McCorkle for ProElite 2

ProElite is hoping to book heavyweight Andrei Arlovski for in its second show, but one thing is for certain, he won't be fighting former UFC veteran Sean McCorkle.

According to multiple sources with knowledge of the situation, Arlovski's camp turned down a fight against "Big Sexy" for the organization's second show. No specific reason was given for their refusal to fight the 12-2 McCorkle.

ProElite officials wouldn't confirm or deny the story when contacted by MMA Fighting on Friday. They did say that they still hope to have "The Pitbull" fight for them November.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2011/09/16/andrei-arlovskis-camp-turns-down-sean-mccorkle-for-proelite-2/
9/16/11 4:50 PM
EyeRish
38 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

arlovski and mccorkle shouldn't even be said in the same sentance
9/16/11 4:52 PM
cmfc
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

who is MaKorkle?
9/16/11 4:54 PM
1ChromosomeTooMany
1791 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

When did Arlovski stop being suicidal?

9/16/11 4:54 PM
Chill__Owl
78 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

cmfc - who is MaKorkle?

Mike Kyle and female Sean McCorkle's offspring?
9/16/11 4:55 PM
MentaL
528 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

McCorkle would make an Arolovski sammichhhhh
9/16/11 4:57 PM
OftheWay
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/16/11 5:00 PM
 I hate it when fighters turn down fights, but in this case I think the Arlovski camp made the right decision.  Arlovski didn't look to good in his last outing; he needs to build confidence with one or two more tunes before facing someone like McKorkle who has KO power. 
9/16/11 4:58 PM
Darth Ryase
1430 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol @ these responses
9/16/11 5:02 PM
OftheWay

Darth Ryase -  lol @ these responses

Elaborate.
9/16/11 5:04 PM
beanouno
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good for Arlovski but not for Sean.
9/16/11 5:09 PM
zackthewop
304 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

mcpeepants232003 -
EyeRish - arlovski and mccorkle shouldn't even be said in the same sentance

Arlovksi looked like shit in his last fight. I would not be surprised if McCorkle took him down and subbed him.
Yeah because arlovski is known for getting subbed.

Let's see Sean beat a guy with a positive record before we start sucking his dick. Phone Post
9/16/11 5:12 PM
zackthewop
304 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UFC:get Jimi"Poster Boy"Manuwa - McCorkle at this stage in his career just needs to touch his chin and it's over.

Plus Arlovski is all muscle and no hustle, he's going to get ground into hamburger if he fights Sean.

I don't like McCorkle, but he's a better fighter than Arlovski ever was and that's being fair to both the UFC and Arlovski.

AA never beat a single guy I couldn't see McCorkle finding a way to win against, truth delivered.
You think Sean seriously would have a shot at beating Nelson or werdum? Phone Post
9/16/11 5:24 PM
RKing85
194 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

as already mentioned, McCorkle would just have to breath on Arlovski's chin to get the W.
9/16/11 5:31 PM
Nameless1

Smart move by the arlovski camp .

Unfair to McCorkle though . Seems his last what? 4 possible opponents have found a reason not to fight him .

Disgrace to the sport IMHO . Phone Post
9/16/11 5:43 PM
stevies6969

i cant believe anyone here thinks Sean would win that. Funny, witty, and sparkling personalities do NOT win fights and that is all the Cork has. He beat a couple nobodys and has a lot of talk, but that's it. Morecraft subbed him, AA would do the same. sean would prolly not even get any punches in. sorry sean, i am a bit of a fan of yours, but this is truth.
9/16/11 5:49 PM
Cyril Jeff
186 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

twitter = @theCyrildotcom

why won't Andrei fight him?
anyone have a valid reason?

looks like a duck.

9/16/11 5:55 PM
WRESTLENOW

lololol

this thread reminds me, there was a thread a while back before mcorckel got in to the UFC, he was supposedly offered a fight with Josh Barnett in Dream or something and he claimed that Barnett ducked him and he epic-ly "put the cal on" barnett and called him out, only to have barnett show up to the the thread and completely own him by saying he had never heard of him before in his life? it was epic.
9/16/11 5:57 PM
WRESTLENOW

i found it, Mccorkle "puts the cal" on Josh Barnett

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=forum.posts&thread=1605558&page=1

hmm, i guess i remembered the details a little bit wrong, still hilarious though.
9/16/11 6:04 PM
un3rgr0und

AA would lose horribly, I watched his last fight and he could barely put away that dude...it was horrible

Arlovski is DONE

he knows he cant beat anything but a can
9/16/11 6:19 PM
ipswichross
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Northside Strangler - McCorkle subs him in the first round, all hail McCorkle. *Slurp, Slurp, Slurp* <br><br>-ZIPPY

1st legit lol of the day.

Can't blame AA for refusing this fight though........if he lost it would probably all but finish his career. And I do think there's a good chance McOracle could sub him.........But also a good chance AA would completely outstrike Mccorkle........Not a fight I'd have in my accumulator...
9/16/11 6:23 PM
Jhiggy
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Since when is mccorkal a UFC veteran? Phone Post
9/16/11 6:25 PM
FryedTakayama
858 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gnarls Gnarlington - Arlovski/Datsik rematch. Make it happen ProElite.

This!
9/16/11 6:27 PM
Seamus619

MonsterBalls - 
OftheWay - 
Darth Ryase -  lol @ these responses

Elaborate.

Explainate?
Annunciate!

9/16/11 6:41 PM
Fyuk Yu

AA hasnt looked too great lately but id still pick em for the KO.
9/16/11 6:49 PM
WatchinMMA

ednzo777 - lol at Sean winning that fight.

No offence but its like a guy with no striking going against a championship boxer..

AA is not easy to take down infact I wouldnt be suprised if AA took Mcorcle down.
Qft Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.