UnderGround Forums

Judo/Sambo UnderGround >> Iliadis: so this is why he's so good?

9/19/11 9:40 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Seong gyeong
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"If I no feel good judo gi, I no can move." LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0Iuo3P4yZw&feature=related

Also, he must win!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tm8qDcZARqw&feature=player_embedded

And another one.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HK3J3JpQ8ao&feature=related

Iliadis gets my vote for most intimidating judoka competing today, but he seems like a pretty chill guy. Nice vids.
9/19/11 7:33 PM
judoblackbelt
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How do beat an opponent who you can't throw, out grips you with his over the shoulder grip, throws you backwards when you come in, blocks with his hip, or throws you forward if you don't attack???
9/20/11 12:24 AM
JoshuaResnick
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

the man in incredibly powerful. incredibly hard working. incredibly driven. unbelievably skilled. he wins all the time.. and, unlike somebody like Yamashita who rarely competed, Illiadis competes in all the major events in the world each and every year. Unreal.
12/4/11 2:27 AM
modern
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Warrior-One.Com Martial Arts Supply, Owner
JoshuaResnick - the man in incredibly powerful. incredibly hard working. incredibly driven. unbelievably skilled. he wins all the time.. and, unlike somebody like Yamashita who rarely competed, Illiadis competes in all the major events in the world each and every year. Unreal.

Awesome stuff.  Josh, have you ever done randori with him?

Keven
www.warrior-one.com

12/4/11 4:49 PM
JoshuaResnick
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

oh, hell no. but i know several who have. they all said the same thing-- strongest guy they have ever dealt with, outside of maybe Joey Wanag.
12/6/11 12:59 PM
panic686
56 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

nice quotes :)
12/6/11 1:21 PM
Outkaster
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wow and he uses a whole variety of techniques it seems.
12/15/11 10:35 AM
Seong gyeong
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Agent_Doakes_Aint_no_Jokes - I love watching his highlight reels and I am so proud to be Greek (even though he is actually from the country of Georgia hahaha)

I love his highlight vids too. This one I really like, maybe his most popular?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BxI_sot-G0&feature=fvst

Love the part he throws Tuvshinbayar for ippon.

Speaking of Greece, so many of that video's comments are not discussing his judo, but his nationality.

"Ilials liadis was born Georgian but was adopted when he was young by a Greek judo coach, he was raised as a Greek, Born Georgian turned Greek. His cousin is Zurab Zviadauri the 2004 oylimpic champion? from Georgia."

"he's greek not georgian...?"

"jarji? you are great,he comes in judo from georgian wrestling chidaoba,he uses georgian traditional wrestlings rules,he has a georgian blood."

"chillout, firstly i always thought Ilias was a GREEK name (i may be wrong), secondly, i thought Iliadis was also a greek name (again, i may be wrong, but i have relatives in greece whose surname is Iliadis), thirdly, he may be georgian, but represents GREECE, which is why he has GRE on his back.. lol think before? you say something, hypocrite"

"shen genacvale , georgia 4ever, this? is an georgian judoka"

As far as MMA goes, I think he would have better chances for success than most judoka today. I actually discussed this on the UG a while back; some people wanted to know how his newaza was. Honestly, I haven't seen much of it, but then again, I wouldn't be surprised if he has strong ground skills.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.