UnderGround Forums

NFLGround >> Week 3 Sit em Start em.....

9/20/11 7:34 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
caleb
237 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bring em on....
9/20/11 10:37 AM
alxholic
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

kolb vs fitzpatrick again.. good call on fitz las week btw.
this week though i'm leaning towards kolb because of match up.

my rb and flex is getting messy because of ineffective marquee players...

lock to start at RB is hillis
lock at wr is steve johnson, andre johnson, and dwayne bowe

that leaves one rb and one flex.

my rb's are chris johnson, felix jones, reggie bush, and darren sproles. normally johnson and jones, but they've been ineffective. sproles have been lighting it up, but can i trust a saints player to be consistant? bush show promise in wk1 but did crap in wk2. jones may not even play wk3.

my other WRs are julio jones, mike williams (sea), and amendola (inj)

i'm thinking c johnson for rb.. he at least was getting more touches vs bal. maybe against a weaker D he would do better?

and sproles for flex. fingers cross.
9/20/11 10:48 AM
caleb
237 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

alxholic - kolb vs fitzpatrick again.. good call on fitz las week btw.
this week though i'm leaning towards kolb because of match up.

my rb and flex is getting messy because of ineffective marquee players...

lock to start at RB is hillis
lock at wr is steve johnson, andre johnson, and dwayne bowe

that leaves one rb and one flex.

my rb's are chris johnson, felix jones, reggie bush, and darren sproles. normally johnson and jones, but they've been ineffective. sproles have been lighting it up, but can i trust a saints player to be consistant? bush show promise in wk1 but did crap in wk2. jones may not even play wk3.

my other WRs are julio jones, mike williams (sea), and amendola (inj)

i'm thinking c johnson for rb.. he at least was getting more touches vs bal. maybe against a weaker D he would do better?

and sproles for flex. fingers cross.

Yeah, I would go Chris Johnson and Sproles. Sproles is on fire lately, so you have to stay with him. Felix Jones will play Monday vs. The Redskins and I'm playing him on my team. I'm going to give him one more shot. The games on the road had tough run defenses, so that could have played into his ineffectiveness. Chris Johnson will start getting more touches and will do some damage. Only a matter of time with him. You could probably do a coin toss with Jones and Sproles for this week.

Kolb has the better matchup this week.. so roll with him.
9/20/11 4:59 PM
Waylay
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hi Caleb,

I need a flex guy for this week (opponents in brackets) . Felix Jones (Was) Darren Sproles (Hou), Kenny Britt (Den), AJ Green (SF), Steve Johnson (NE).
9/20/11 5:07 PM
Waylay
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Also need TE help. Brandon Pettigrew has been a total bust so far. Is it worth dumping him for a waiver wire pickup? Scott Chandler(Buf), Jeff King(Ari) and Tony Scheffler are my options there.
9/20/11 5:17 PM
Waylay

League number 2 - I have to choose between Matt Forte, Fred Jackson and Ryan Matthews. Forte is a stud, but he is playing against the Packers this week.
9/20/11 6:32 PM
caleb

Waylay -  Hi Caleb,

I need a flex guy for this week (opponents in brackets) . Felix Jones (Was) Darren Sproles (Hou), Kenny Britt (Den), AJ Green (SF), Steve Johnson (NE).

I know the opponents.. just for future reference. I consider that before suggesting who to start. Thx for including it though.

These are all great flex players man.. so congrats on having so much depth on your team. I will put the order of who I like the best this week.

Kenny Britt
AJ Green
Darren Sproles
Felix Jones
Steve Johnson
9/20/11 6:36 PM
caleb

Waylay -  Also need TE help. Brandon Pettigrew has been a total bust so far. Is it worth dumping him for a waiver wire pickup? Scott Chandler(Buf), Jeff King(Ari) and Tony Scheffler are my options there.

I don't really like your waiver options but think Jeff King or Scott Chandler would be better than Pettigrew.
9/20/11 7:27 PM
alxholic
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

caleb - 
Waylay -  Hi Caleb,

I know the opponents.. just for future reference. I consider that before suggesting who to start. Thx for including it though.

These are all great flex players man.. so congrats on having so much depth on your team. I will put the order of who I like the best this week.

Kenny Britt
AJ Green
Darren Sproles
Felix Jones
Steve Johnson

you're that high on aj green? i just picked him up on waivers.. i might use him as my flex... hmm..
9/20/11 7:56 PM
memory blues
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

AJ Green has the talent to be the next Randy Moss. Sproles is a good play as well, but most of his value is in PPR. Felix is dealing with a shoulder injury so his PT this week is suspect. I would actually rank Steve Johnson slightly above Green though for this week, but who knows.

Sorry if I'm intruding on your thread caleb, just thought I'd throw in some thoughts.
9/20/11 8:38 PM
Gracie killar
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Should I hang on to Mike thomas or drop him for somebody like Eric Decker?
9/20/11 8:58 PM
Jetstook a GiantD on my Chest (Caleb)

memory blues - AJ Green has the talent to be the next Randy Moss. Sproles is a good play as well, but most of his value is in PPR. Felix is dealing with a shoulder injury so his PT this week is suspect. I would actually rank Steve Johnson slightly above Green though for this week, but who knows.

Sorry if I'm intruding on your thread caleb, just thought I'd throw in some thoughts.

Your not intruding. I want other peoples input (As long as they know what they are talking about.
9/20/11 9:04 PM

Edited: 09/20/11 9:07 PM
Yeah, I'm very high on AJ Green. He is certainly a stud receiver. He plays like he has been the the league for 5 years already. Remind me a little of Moss when he first came into the league and looked like a veteran.

With regards to Felix Jones, I'm not ready to give up on him. He has gone up against 2 teams (on the road) who are good against the run. The Skins allowed 100 yards to Beanie wells at home and I think Felix is better than Wells. Felix's injury isn't that bad at all. He will be out there Monday night ready to go. I see him doing some damage too.

If Spoles takes one long pass in for a touchdown... he can quickly give you 12+ points. That is what makes him a valuable flex option. Also, he can return a punt for a TD, which in most leagues will get you 6 points.
9/20/11 9:12 PM
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ben Tate or Arian Foster?

I'm starting Tolbert over Reggie Bush because the chargers are playing the chiefs.
9/20/11 9:28 PM

419 - Ben Tate or Arian Foster?

I'm starting Tolbert over Reggie Bush because the chargers are playing the chiefs.

Ben Tate. He is going to get the majority of the carries. Arian Foster needs to fully rest his hammy so he can come back 100%. I think he needs to sit out like 3 games until it is fully healed.

Tolbert is a MUST start this week at home vs. KC.
9/20/11 9:52 PM
TheRealJoker
87 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

419 - Ben Tate or Arian Foster?

“[Tate is] playing really well,” Kubiak said in comments distributed by the team. “As we work Arian back into what we’re doing and get him back to full speed, Ben’s going to probably carry most of the load right now as we work forward with Arian.”
9/21/11 8:27 AM
Tons
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Same as usual for me Best vs. Minn or Hightower vs. Dallas.

Rolled with Best first 2 weeks, most likely doing the same going foward.

Now i have an issue with Miles Austin hurt.  Assuming he is hurt who of these do you like this week:

Eric Decker vs. Tenn
Kevin Ogletree vs. Wash
Plaxico Burress vs. Oak (already start holmes)
Robert Meachem vs. Hou
9/21/11 8:33 AM
strontium90
80 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If you have LeSean McCoy, sit him unless Vick or at least Vince Young starts - if it's Kafka at QB, McCoy will get 8- and 9-boxed to death.
9/21/11 9:17 AM

Tons -  Same as usual for me Best vs. Minn or Hightower vs. Dallas.

Now i have an issue with Miles Austin hurt.  Assuming he is hurt who of these do you like this week:

Eric Decker vs. Tenn
Kevin Ogletree vs. Wash
Robert Meachem vs. Hou

Roll with Best. Hulu is starting to take carries away from Hightower and he is looking like the more explosive back.

Austin is hurt and will probably be out until after the bye.
I like Robert Meachem vs. Houston. I see that game as a shoot-out and Meachem should get several balls thrown his way.
9/21/11 9:24 AM

strontium90 - If you have LeSean McCoy, sit him unless Vick or at least Vince Young starts - if it's Kafka at QB, McCoy will get 8- and 9-boxed to death.

I see your point but I didn't think Kafka looked all that bad. He has talented receivers to throw to as well. Lesean Mccoy is a top 5 running back. I see him doing well against the bewildered Giants. I hate saying this too because the guy I'm playing in fantasy has him.

If Vick can't go, it will 100% be Kafka. Vick feels fine but he has to go through the league mandated tests. Vick will more than likely be the starter Sunday.
9/21/11 9:49 AM
Tons

Jetstook a GiantD on my Chest (Caleb) - 

Eric Decker vs. Tenn
Kevin Ogletree vs. Wash
Robert Meachem vs. Hou

Roll with Best. Hulu is starting to take carries away from Hightower and he is looking like the more explosive back.

I like Robert Meachem vs. Houston. I see that game as a shoot-out and Meachem should get several balls thrown his way.

Scratch that, i thought Meachem was available.

Who do you like of Ogletree, Plax, Decker, Ward
9/21/11 9:55 AM
leglockfan
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I ran into a fun problem lining up one of my teams for this week.

I got to choose 3 of these four RBs. (2 RB and 1 Flex, my WRs aren't good enough to take a flex spot)

Matt Forte vs GB
Mike Tolbert vs KC (locked :) )
Peyton Hillis vs Miami
Rashad Mendenhall vs Colts

I currently have Rashad on the bench tentatively because of his lack of good production vs the Seahawks last week.

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

In another league I am lucky enough to have Ben Tate and Foster and it looks like I'm going to get to start Tate.

Although Steven Jackson is coming back from injury against Balt. should I leave him sitting for 1 more week?

I have Gore, Tolbert, and Tate starting at the moment with Steven Jackson, Arian Foster on the bench
9/21/11 11:17 AM
FreakZilla
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pick 1 (0.3 PPR):

Dexter McCluster, KC @SD

Percy Harvin, Min @Det

Dwayne Bowe, KC @SD
9/21/11 12:10 PM
Ronin Burgundy
308 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

leglockfan - I ran into a fun problem lining up one of my teams for this week.

I got to choose 3 of these four RBs. (2 RB and 1 Flex, my WRs aren't good enough to take a flex spot)

Matt Forte vs GB
Mike Tolbert vs KC (locked :) )
Peyton Hillis vs Miami
Rashad Mendenhall vs Colts

I currently have Rashad on the bench tentatively because of his lack of good production vs the Seahawks last week.

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

In another league I am lucky enough to have Ben Tate and Foster and it looks like I'm going to get to start Tate.

Although Steven Jackson is coming back from injury against Balt. should I leave him sitting for 1 more week?

I have Gore, Tolbert, and Tate starting at the moment with Steven Jackson, Arian Foster on the bench

Tough decisions. Your RBs are mean. I'd sit Hillis in the first case, I think their O-Line isn't good at all and last week was a result of horrible Colts run D. Who Rashad happens to be playing :)

For your second team I'd play it safe and sit Jackson Baltimore's D should be able to bottle him up (if he's active).
9/21/11 12:49 PM

Tons - 
Jetstook a GiantD on my Chest (Caleb) - 

Eric Decker vs. Tenn
Kevin Ogletree vs. Wash
Robert Meachem vs. Hou

Scratch that, i thought Meachem was available.

Who do you like of Ogletree, Plax, Decker, Ward

I like Decker best out of those options.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.