UnderGround Forums

NFLGround >> Week 3 Sit em Start em.....

9/23/11 10:20 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
alxholic
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/23/11 10:20 AM
dwayne bowe, darren sprole, felix jones for flex. i've been back and forth on this all week...(PPR)
9/23/11 10:31 AM
Ronin Burgundy
308 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

alxholic - dwayne bowe, darren sprole, felix jones for flex. i've been back and forth on this all week...(PPR)

I'd Roll with Sproles, he's got better QB and more touches (2x as many recetpions so far). Sucks because Bowe is a beast and could go off any game but he's inconsistent, He could get you 30 one week and 5 the next.
9/23/11 10:35 AM
alxholic
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yeah, i started bowe at wr for the last couple weeks.. this week, i'm picking aj green over him
9/23/11 12:33 PM
uratoker2
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pick 2 out of the following three:

J. Addai
B. Jacobs
J. Starks

Pick 2 out of the following four:

D. Bowe
P. Harvin
R. Meachem
S. Smith (Carolina)

Pick 1 TE:

V. Davis
D Keller
9/23/11 12:39 PM
TheRealJoker
87 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kellen Winslow vs Atl

or

Jimmy Graham vs Hou Phone Post
9/23/11 12:44 PM
Jetstook a GiantD on my Chest (Caleb)
241 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TheRealJoker - Kellen Winslow vs Atl

or

Jimmy Graham vs Hou Phone Post

Jimmy Graham all day.
9/23/11 12:46 PM
241 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

uratoker2 - Pick 2 out of the following three:

J. Addai
B. Jacobs
J. Starks

D. Bowe
P. Harvin
R. Meachem
S. Smith (Carolina)

Pick 1 TE:

V. Davis
D Keller

Jacobs
Starks

Percy Harvin
Steve Smith

D. Keller
9/23/11 5:16 PM
leglockfan
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jetstook a GiantD on my Chest (Caleb) - 
uratoker2 - Pick 2 out of the following three:

J. Addai
B. Jacobs
J. Starks

D. Bowe
P. Harvin
R. Meachem
S. Smith (Carolina)

Pick 1 TE:

V. Davis
D Keller

Jacobs
Starks

Percy Harvin
Steve Smith

D. Keller
I got Keller off the waiver wire (happy guy right here)

I got a quick one... It is going to be easier since it looks like I am trading Sam Bradford but I got 

Jay Cutler 
Ryan Fitzpatrick

9/23/11 10:40 PM
Ronin Burgundy
308 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

leglockfan -  I am trading Sam Bradford but I got 

Jay Cutler 
Ryan Fitzpatrick

Gotta play the Harvard grad and hot hand here IMO. Should be a shoot out and if not, Fitzpatrick should score some in garbage time if they're getting blown out. Cutler against GB could be a turnover bananza.
9/24/11 11:23 AM
Tommy Gunnz
145 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/24/11 11:39 AM
my team is 2-0 but I made some big free agent pickups this week to add depth to my roster. I spent over half of my allotted free agent money this week but I think it was worth it getting Thomas Jones, Fred Davis, Sam Bradford, Kris Brown, and I picked up 49ers D/ST since they are playing CINCY

with miles austin hurt this week i am gonna have to juggle my lineup a little bit. I won thomas jones on my free agent bid for $32, not sure if he is gonna end up being worth that much but he has more potential than probably any other free agent that will come around this season plus I always end up with a ton of extra free agent bucks because there are few guys worth spending big money on and there is always a lot of left over money.

because of miles austin i will bump Plaxico into my 3rd receiver spot from flex so now I need a rb/wr/te flex option, would you guys pick:

thomas jones vs san diego

danny woodhead vs buffalo (what i am leaning towards, that game will be a shootout and woodhead could put up solid numbers)

Here is my lineup:

qb -Kevin Kolb

rb -Adrian Peterson

rb -Michael Turner

wr -Larry Fitzgerald

wr -Miles Austin ***hurt***

wr -Wes Welker

flex -Plaxico Burress

te - Fred Davis

k - kris brown

d/st - 49ers

BENCH: Sam Bradford, Thomas Jones, Danny Woodhead, Brandon Pettigrew, Jabar Gaffney (i may or may not win the waiver claim for denarious moore tomorrow morning which would drop gaffney) and Houston as my second defense but I add/drop defense on matchups all year

***edit*** I should add that this is a PPR league
9/24/11 12:37 PM

Ronin Burgundy - 
leglockfan -  I am trading Sam Bradford but I got 

Jay Cutler 
Ryan Fitzpatrick

Gotta play the Harvard grad and hot hand here IMO. Should be a shoot out and if not, Fitzpatrick should score some in garbage time if they're getting blown out. Cutler against GB could be a turnover bananza.

Yup, dead on here. This game is either going to be a shoot out...or blow out by NE. Either way, Fitz is going to have to air it out.
9/24/11 12:47 PM

Tommy,
It's real tough to say. I'm guessing Thomas Jones will get 10-15 carries in that game.. he will also be sharing time with Dexter Mccluster. The Chiefs look like they have given up 2 games into the season too. This could be a bad blow out and then KC will just abandon the run and throw a lot.

Woodhead isn't the greatest option either with BJE getting most of the carries and goal line carries as well.

I guess if I had to choose I would take Thomas Jones.. because if KC does get close to the goal line... Jones will be getting the carries.

If you end up getting Denarius Moore..I would roll with him over both Jones or Woodhead.
9/24/11 1:20 PM
Tommy Gunnz
145 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Caleb I hear what ya sayin but Woodhead had a real good game and got most of the carries in game 1 then BJE got the carries in game 2 so who knows what they are gonna do. New England will probably score 35+ points in this game, will both of them get their points? The guy I am facing has Tom Brady who is gonna put up nintendo numbers against Buffalo I almost feel like I have no shot to win this week already lol

Also, Denarious Moore might end up being decent but I don't see him having a big game this week against the Jets defense. Good call on Thomas Jones getting the goal line carries, your'e right he has a shot to score a TD even if he gets 40 yards rushing and a TD is that gonna be better than what Woodhead does? (Woodhead is also a positive cause of his catching ability and I am in a PPR league)
9/24/11 1:22 PM
Tommy Gunnz

also, FYI woodhead is being project at 11.7 points and thomas jones at 6.6 for whatever thats worth
9/24/11 4:11 PM

Tommy Gunnz - Caleb I hear what ya sayin but Woodhead had a real good game and got most of the carries in game 1 then BJE got the carries in game 2 so who knows what they are gonna do. New England will probably score 35+ points in this game, will both of them get their points? The guy I am facing has Tom Brady who is gonna put up nintendo numbers against Buffalo I almost feel like I have no shot to win this week already lol

Also, Denarious Moore might end up being decent but I don't see him having a big game this week against the Jets defense. Good call on Thomas Jones getting the goal line carries, your'e right he has a shot to score a TD even if he gets 40 yards rushing and a TD is that gonna be better than what Woodhead does? (Woodhead is also a positive cause of his catching ability and I am in a PPR league)

So it's unknown who NE is going to utilize more.. or if they are going to do a 50/50 etc. You know KC is going to run Thomas Jones at least 50% of the time if not more and he gets goal lines. So like you said.. a cheap TD and 40 yards rushing is going to net you some points. Anything can happen but it appears Thomas Jones is more of a sure thing than Woodhead.
9/25/11 10:13 AM
ec
78 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Should I start Robert Meachem against the Texans or David Nelson against the Patriots?
9/25/11 10:34 AM
ec
78 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Also need some tight end help. With Antonio Gates injured I have two more options:

Greg Olson
Evan Moore
9/25/11 11:10 AM
sicko
342 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RB Question: Ryan Mathews or Fred Jackson?

WR Question: Mike Wallace or Stevie Johnson? With this one, every weekly ranking I've seen has Wallace ahead of Johnson. However, Indy's passing D is ranking higher than NE's, and BUF has more passing TDs than PIT. Add to it that I think BUF will be playing from behind (but not a complete blow out), so I expect them to be forced to pass a bit more. Lastly, Fitzpatrick has been passing more than Big Ben. Every ranking has Wallace ahead of Johnson, but I'm thinking Johnson....though I'm probably over thinking it.
9/25/11 11:40 AM

ec -  Should I start Robert Meachem against the Texans or David Nelson against the Patriots?

David Nelson is a good sleeper but I would have to go with the sure thing in Robert Meachem this week.
9/25/11 11:41 AM

ec -  Also need some tight end help. With Antonio Gates injured I have two more options:

Greg Olson
Evan Moore

Greg Olsen all day.
9/25/11 11:56 AM

sicko - RB Question: Ryan Mathews or Fred Jackson?

WR Question: Mike Wallace or Stevie Johnson? With this one, every weekly ranking I've seen has Wallace ahead of Johnson. However, Indy's passing D is ranking higher than NE's, and BUF has more passing TDs than PIT. Add to it that I think BUF will be playing from behind (but not a complete blow out), so I expect them to be forced to pass a bit more. Lastly, Fitzpatrick has been passing more than Big Ben. Every ranking has Wallace ahead of Johnson, but I'm thinking Johnson....though I'm probably over thinking it.

Ryan Matthews has an awesome match up this week vs. the Chiefs.. but lets face it, he will be splitting 50% of the carries with Tolbert and Tolbert will more than likely be getting the goal line carries. I would have to take Fred Jackson here. He has been on fire and he will be getting all of the carries, including goal lines in Buffalo. It's very close though man.. go with who you feel the best about. Matthews is a great option this week.

I would have to take Wallace and only because Stevie Johnson is just getting over a pulled groin. I've pulled a groin before and it took a long time for me to get back to 100%. I don't know how bad his groin pull was, it may have been a slight pull, either way, it has me spooked.
9/25/11 4:35 PM
TheRealJoker
87 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jimmy Graham was a good start unfortunately :-( Phone Post
9/25/11 7:19 PM
leglockfan
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Really Mike Tolbert? Really?? Damn you Ryan Mathews!!

9/25/11 8:14 PM
Waylay
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

leglockfan -  Really Mike Tolbert? Really?? Damn you Ryan Mathews!!

Three hours before kickoff, I swapped out Matt Forte and put in Ryan Matthews. Happy dance all day long.
9/25/11 8:39 PM
Tommy Gunnz

you did a happy dance????

I HAVE WES MOTHERFUCKIN WELKER!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.