UnderGround Forums

HolyGround >> What convinced you

9/24/11 2:14 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Benedictus
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What convinced you of your faith? Were you raised within your current faith?
I'll go first. I grew up in a home where we went to a local baptist church from time to time, but not enough to really learn anything. When i was 20 my parents began attending a baptist church pastored by a man my father worked with. Throguh time they began to pray for me. I was very into drugs, partying, and whoring around. It got to a point, everytime i tried to get high, instead of enjoying it, i would begin to think about angels and demons. Needless to say, this made partying difficult. Eventually i OD'd on ghb. That night i finally threw in the proverbial towel and surrendered my life to Jesus Christ.
I must say i have had times of skepticism and doubt on the journey, but by God's grace, i have been brought to Him over and over. I have studied different parts of christendom from Roman Catholicism, Eastern Orthodoxy, Lutheran, Anglican, pentecostal, and Baptist. There are aspects of each i can appreciate. Phone Post
9/27/11 7:40 AM
JesusTapped
559 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No responses after 3 days on this one. People don't find you too riveting, do they Ben?

Tumbleweeds.... Phone Post
9/27/11 4:41 PM
Benedictus

Perhaps they aren't comfortable sharing it? Phone Post
9/27/11 8:48 PM
gord96
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

probably. the HG has been pretty dead lately. even the last few months quite a few regulars aren't around.
9/28/11 2:51 AM
DyingBreed
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What convinced me was feeling the holy spirit draw me, and then when I yielded to it, feeling the presence of God fill the room I was in for well over an hour. It was so strong and undeniable Phone Post
9/28/11 8:55 PM
Demitrius Barbito
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/28/11 8:55 PM
 The bible teaches that the Spirit of God testifies with our own spirit and that our names were written in the Lambs Book Of Life before the foundation of the world. 
9/28/11 10:43 PM
Benedictus

Yes, amen. I looking for your testimony though. I just like hearing/reading people's. Phone Post
9/29/11 3:32 AM
DyingBreed
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

if you want to read mine, i posted mine last month or so. i can bring it to the top if you wanna read it
9/29/11 10:22 AM
Benedictus

Sure. Phone Post
9/29/11 11:11 AM
reverend john
147 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

a group of people loving me for no reason, then sharing their testimony as to God's work in their life the previous year. That new years eve my life changed forever. It was 84/85

rev
10/21/11 6:19 AM
lordbreakdown
126 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10/21/11 11:08 AM
I received my gift of faith in my late 20's. I know for sure that I didn't travel the same path as many people, but that's the power of God. people don't receive that gift in the same manor. God speaks to all of us, and each one of us. it's important to be sensitive to the signs from Him. Sometimes he speaks in subtleties that only people who have the gift can hear. 
10/22/11 12:34 PM
DyingBreed

the gift of faith is also much more than being able to answer when God convicts you to come to him. that is a type of gift of faith, but not the only one.

the gift of faith is also a very strong supernatural faith that will give you what you need for specific situations like your whole family killed in an instant, yet you are able to function (even without change) in your walk with God. or it can come upon you when you encounter a disease or ailment that needs addressing for healing. this kind of gift of faith is for the working of miracles.

but you are right, the greatest miracle is a heart that is forever changed in an instant when you say yes to God.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.