UnderGround Forums

Oklahoma Underground >> Dream

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

9/25/11 3:52 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Platypus
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gerald Won a split dec. good for him and the Tulsa Fight scene... and yeah I am jelly he and Blake are in Japan.
9/26/11 7:11 AM
fabes
252 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Blake was in his corner, right? Gerald is tough, but not always the most exciting. That was a puzzling matchup to me.
9/26/11 2:28 PM
RockSteadyGDP
92 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I never post in here, but I have to speak up. Anthony your fair in your analogies at times - but too critical in some. If you look at Nakamura's record no one has just walked through him. It's not easy to takedown an Olympic Gold medalist & knees are legal on the ground, so shots have to be extremely quick and careful. With that being said - there's two people in the ring/cage - so the excitement comes from both sides. A lot of fans are crying for excitement = two people beating the hell out of each other for 15 minutes like a long tough man competition. Try going to a basketball game and boo them for not dunking or doing crossovers. While your at it - go to a Stellers game and get mad at there "boring" defense against teams. Excitement does not only come from knockouts & finishes - it also comes from respect.
In all I'll say this - I rarely defend myself, but respect your opinion - at the same time I get sick of the spoiled complaining and lack of credit given. I just defeated a very experienced fighter who's only losses are to world champions from MW to Heavyweight. I'm open for criticism, but at the same time you very rarely give any compliments which means you are watching with a negative outlook. Try to be more open minded and respectful because it's not easy to be a fighter. We are not robots & can not perform to YOUR standards, but we can do what it takes to win. I expected better from you, but to each his own. If you don't have something good to say about me then keep it to yourself - you don't have to go out your way to express your negative "opinion"
-Gerald
9/26/11 2:39 PM
pillbottle
147 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

STFU noob!

J/K... Welcome to the forum, Gerald! Congrats on the win... Please stop taking fights inside a ring. Phone Post
9/26/11 2:45 PM
RockSteadyGDP
92 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LOL!
9/26/11 2:47 PM
RockSteadyGDP

So much talent in such a small area. Instead of hating on each other I think we should show more support. I remember years ago when Oklahoma would support all of their athletes, but today it's more of a competition. We are quick to criticize and slow to give credit. I am not only speaking of myself, but to everyone in general. It's us against the world & currently we are sending great fighters to many organizations but without the proper support it will be hard to continue this trend. There are so many schools opening up & fighters being picked up that we are spoiled. Like our standards are raised - the bar is higher - and it's ok have high expectations, but be fair in your outlook on fighters. Regardless if you like them as a person, respect their hard work, and know that you are unaware of the many adversities we face during training camp. Unless you are sitting ring/cage side - then do not judge a man for a 15 minute performance. I'm not saying to suger coat your comments, but if you have more complaints than compliments then you are amongst the many people who need to re-evaluate what your are saying. Sometimes it's ok to keep your opinion to yourself.
9/26/11 2:47 PM
RockSteadyGDP

Not you pillbottle
9/26/11 3:11 PM
Magnum TA

Kaz is actually very good. I saw several of his training sessions at the old G-square and he was very formidable in a room that had most of the best guys in Japan training there. Phone Post
9/26/11 3:31 PM
BLPorritt
74 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm proud of you brother!!!!! We'll take it any way we can get it!!! Phone Post
9/26/11 3:38 PM
OKMike
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I just hope Gerald's check cashes!
9/26/11 4:35 PM
pillbottle
147 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OKMike - I just hope Gerald's check cashes!
This! Phone Post
9/26/11 5:16 PM
Randy Marsh
211 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

pillbottle - 
OKMike - I just hope Gerald's check cashes!
This! Phone Post

9/26/11 6:01 PM
Magnum TA

LOL Phone Post
9/26/11 6:29 PM
Stunpals
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anyone have the video?
9/26/11 6:56 PM
Magnum TA

9/26/11 6:57 PM
Magnum TA

9/26/11 7:03 PM
The Marvelous One
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

well said Gerald! Well said..
9/26/11 7:33 PM
Magnum TA

Gerald is the second fighter in a week to make Anthony cry in a corner. 
9/26/11 8:58 PM
Stunpals
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

well... I didn't think it was close. Gerald won pretty convincingly, but what the hell do I know... I thought he beat... errr... defeated Head.
9/26/11 9:39 PM
kingcha918
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good fight i think gotta give it up to him fighting in japan sure everyone there was going agaisnt him wonder who is next oppenent is gonna be in dream? Phone Post
9/26/11 10:16 PM
pillbottle

Overall that Dream event was pretty damn good. We watched it right after UFC and all agreed it was a more entertaining show... more PRIDE-esque. Phone Post
9/26/11 10:27 PM
RockSteadyGDP

@Anthony - ok that's better. I'm a fair person. People have to remember that we are "Men" before anything. I'm not just a damn fighter. I really don't read or post in here, but wanted to see what fights were coming up in Oklahoma and stumbled across this topic.@Stunpals - I agree that was a straight bs decision, but it helps when the entire staff is from OKC. I don't worry about the past -I'm focused on the future. Getting in the UFC isn't the hard part - staying in is where all the hard work kicks in. He just wanted to get "in" and got his Golden Ticket, but what now? It reminded me of my Leopoldo fight the way the had a surprise celebration - if you watch the youtube highlights it's all one sided and they edited the groin strike to look like a knockdown. Onward and upward to better things is what I live by. Thanks to all the real ones on here. Is anyone from Oklahoma on the Houston 136 card?
9/26/11 10:33 PM
jjmarine1

YEAH CONGRATS GERALD....I THINK HE DID GREAT FOR AN ALMOST PURE WRESTLER IN A RING. MAYBE HE WAS THINKING OF HIS NEXT COMEDY ROUTINE....I SAW HID SHOW AND HE'S HILARIOUS.

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.