UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Seagal: Jones wasn't himself

9/25/11 9:40 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground News
1027 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Underground News, Editor

MMA Fighting caught up with Steven Seagal following Saturday night's UFC 135 main event to discuss Jon Jones win over Quinton Jackson. Seagal talked about being more impressed with Jackson than Jones, his words of advice for Jones, why he believes Jones wasn't himself tonight and whether he wants to see Jones fight Anderson Silva.

For his part, Segal spared no effort in elbowing aside Art Davie for entry into the MMA Asshole Hall of Fame.

"I thought there were some very poor performances," Seagal said to  MMA Fighting's Ariel Helwani. "Didn't you?"

In response to the idea that altitude was to blame for those performances, Seagal said, "We can't be saying that. If you come here, get into shape, get out there and bring it. I mean, come on. That's a bulls--- excuse."

Seagal included Jones in the group of fighters who didn't perform at their best.

When Helwani brought up the fact that UFC commentator Joe Rogan was impressed with Jones' performance, the humble Aikido master explained "I'm a fighter, I've fought all my life." Then Seagal added sarcastically "You can listen to him (Rogan). Maybe he knows more than me. I don't know."

Seagal also tried to take credit for the front kicks his "friend" Jones used vs Rampage. "Him and I did talk about that," Seagal crowed, "but he hasn't learned it yet."

9/25/11 9:54 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
JohnnyLawrence
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LOL.  Seagal is THE biggest troll in the mma scene. Makes OMA look elementary.
9/25/11 9:57 AM
Dogman
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JohnnyLawrence - LOL.  Seagal is THE biggest troll in the mma scene. Makes OMA look elementary.

True what I dont understand is why Ariel feeds the troll. Please Ariel don't give that ass any face time!
9/25/11 9:58 AM
crazydave
189 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Segal was right tho.
9/25/11 10:03 AM
Soup and Beer
164 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

An old man trying so hard to remain relevant off the coattails of legitimate fighters.  The real trolls are Anderson Silva and Machida.
9/25/11 10:04 AM
R00STER
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"It's a tough world" lol
9/25/11 10:16 AM
Glen Gordon
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

what a fucking moron, i want to see joe rogan kick his ass, segal doesnt know shit and dana should ban him from the events
9/25/11 10:17 AM
DamnSevern
1189 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

until sakbjj
9/25/11 10:23 AM
jYm11
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

what's with the shooting glasses Steve?

The generic response of "I dont know why he didnt let his hands go" shows he's still rather clueless to mma.
9/25/11 10:25 AM
Shope_1990
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wasn't himself? Wow, we must have watched different fights. Lol Phone Post
9/25/11 10:27 AM
fsshariq
161 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LOL @ talking shit on Rogan who would whoop his fat ass any day of the week. Seagal needs to fucking disappear already.
9/25/11 10:28 AM
ranier wolfcastle
838 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

jones said he denied segal the right to prefight coaching. segal is pissed!
9/25/11 10:29 AM
Authority Figure
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

jYm11 - what's with the shooting glasses Steve?

The generic response of "I dont know why he didnt let his hands go" shows he's still rather clueless to mma.

The shooting glasses and turned cap are weird. Your comment in regards the hands issue doesn't make sense. That WAS RAMPAGE'S problem. He didn't let his hands go. You can't depend on your hand, and then not throw them.
9/25/11 10:39 AM
HELWIG
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

shooting glasses indoors at night
9/25/11 10:42 AM
JDOKLR
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Seagul = Bad 4 MMA
9/25/11 10:58 AM
SLASHEh

I agree with him in that Rampage's head movement was really impressive. If only he let his hands go , but i fear he was too cautious about counters.
9/25/11 10:59 AM
Jetster

Edited: 09/25/11 10:59 AM
man he is weird and doesn't seem open minded, Ariel simply mentions Joes's opinion and just because its different than his he gets all defensive? My way or the Highway I guess...lol.
9/25/11 11:03 AM
BuddyRevell
121 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dogman - 
JohnnyLawrence - LOL.  Seagal is THE biggest troll in the mma scene. Makes OMA look elementary.

True what I dont understand is why Ariel feeds the troll. Please Ariel don't give that ass any face time!
Seagal interview = more hits for Ariel's site. He is actually the one giving Ariel face time. 

9/25/11 11:22 AM
whiteghost
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

2:40- guy in cuffs being led away by police behind Segal and Ariel!
9/25/11 11:23 AM
jYm11

Is the "Rex Kwon Do" look part of his troll attempt?

"Break the wrist,& walk away"
9/25/11 11:32 AM
T-Ham
267 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Alot of insecurity here lashing out at master Seagal.

He knows what hes talking about and why it bothers so many of you is beyond me.
9/25/11 11:52 AM
FortyKoatz

He makes some good points.
9/25/11 12:06 PM
IP
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HELWIG -  shooting glasses indoors at night

Amber lens good for low light situations. Seagal = tactical.
9/25/11 12:10 PM
tahoe5280

For being a "Master", I didn't see his evaluation of the fight being as sharp as it could have been.

The two key factors to the fight was Jones' constant leg kicks to keep Rampage out of punching distance, and Rampage had amazingly effective take down defense, which is what prevented Jones from throwing his ass around the cage like he has done with everyone else.

9/25/11 12:11 PM
ns_echoes
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol at Seagal berating fighters for being out of shape.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.