UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Jones kept Seagal out of his dressing room

9/25/11 5:01 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground News
1073 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Underground News, Editor

Jon Jones is well on the road to establishing himself as the greatest fighter in the sport, or perhaps any fight sport. He is also one of the smartest, as indicated by keeping Steven Seagal at bay.

Days before UFC 135, Seagal contacted Jones and asked if he could speak with the champion in the dressing rooms before his fight. Judging by his last-minute request, without knowing all the details behind the conversation, it is beginning to seem as if Seagal—an actor—is trying to leech onto MMA fighters for his own benefit.

While Seagal's mainstream popularity is beginning to dwindle, MMA is growing by leaps and bounds. Clearly, there was little Seagal could help Jones with in the moments leading up to the fight that renowned trainer Greg Jackson could not.

"He was wondering if he could come and talk to me backstage before the fight, just give me some words of encouragement," Jones told the media at the post-fight press conference. "I didn't think that would be a good idea. My training staff works very hard on me. I'm their prodigy. I wouldn't want to disrespect them by welcoming someone else's master into our room, into our house, into our family."

read entire article...

9/25/11 5:11 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
kingbisping
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

seagull is a bell end he aint a fighter he is a choreographer Phone Post
9/25/11 5:13 PM
Chris Power
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wanted to spare himself having to be forever tied to Seagal's wacky ego, probably.

You just know Steve tells Anderson/Lyoto stories to all the obsessed MMA fans he meets and glows with pride. Not everybody wants to share their glory for free with a guy who has enough of his own that he shouldn't HAVE to keep attaching himself to these other guys, he just does so because he's a literal egomaniac.
9/25/11 5:19 PM
Jack Skellington
743 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

smart move
9/25/11 5:19 PM
NAAFS
133 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bones did the right thing. Seagal seems to have stalker like tendencies Phone Post
9/25/11 5:23 PM
Lanfear

Where is Sak at now?
9/25/11 5:26 PM
NAAFS
133 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

William Colosimo - lol at seagal claiming to be a "fighter" in these new video interviews

ok, he IS 1-0 vs his ex wife, I'll give him that
Lol now that's funny Phone Post
9/25/11 5:26 PM
AceAtGSU
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't like Jones attitude most of the time, but I am glad he turned this clinger-on down.
9/25/11 5:27 PM
AndersonSilvasMoney
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LOL. Seagal is pure comedy at this point. Every dominant win and Seagal shows up to claim that he was integral in some way.

Hahaha... In his head, he probably he thinks that this is true.
9/25/11 5:28 PM
32Hunter

good for him.
9/25/11 5:29 PM
BuddyRevell
123 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Too bad Fedor wasn't as smart when dealing with Van Damme.

9/25/11 5:29 PM
antifanboy devon

Seagal is just a parasite trying to attach himself to as many names as he can, just so he can stay in any spotlight he can. He's beaming at every chance to get in front of a camera, its crazy.
9/25/11 5:33 PM
32Hunter

this will be the thing that bring the ug together on Jones. the respect begins.
lol the only thing we hate more than Jones is Segall
9/25/11 5:37 PM
ranier wolfcastle
886 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

thats why after the fight segal said he was more impressed with rampage
9/25/11 5:37 PM
Stan Dan Wang

William Colosimo - lol at seagal claiming to be a "fighter" in these new video interviews

so 1-1 overall including the brown-pants incident...
9/25/11 5:47 PM
5 Round Main Event

LOL Seagull

Every interview he gives is more hilariously delusional than the last.

He's like a seagull flying around all of the great fighters waiting for scraps.
9/25/11 5:51 PM
Eric Bloodaxe
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good call. Pretty diplomatic too. He probably thought "Why would I have that old gloryhunter in my locker room weirding everyone out...
9/25/11 5:53 PM
K-Dub-"T"

Edited: 09/25/11 5:53 PM
Stan Dan Wang - 
William Colosimo - lol at seagal claiming to be a "fighter" in these new video interviews

Not that is matters much but it was actually a yellow pants.... not brown....

===============================================================================

K-Dub-"T" - 
LayNprayFaggotNINJA - 
 I never once said I could kick your ass. ....
You can probably kick my ass. NOW WHAT? 
LOL.

stalker bitch troll faggot. lol.
===============================================================================

9/25/11 6:01 PM
stevekt
573 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I found this through a Google search:

As I heard it, back when he was still somewhat popular Segal was at an airport, Mr Perfect (aka Curt Hennig) was at the same airport, spotted Segal and asked him for an autograph. A bunch of people gathered around, what with the famous movie star and the famous wrestler being together, and Segal thought it would be funny to try to make himself look big. After the autograph he shook Hennig's hand, and then tried some form of aikido wristlock, joking that he was 'better than Perfect'. Hennig, being a very athletic 6' 5" professional wrestler and former All American, squezed Segal's hand as hard as he could, causing the actor to fall to his knees in pain. Segal quickly got up and left, and the gathered folks gave Hennig a cheer.
9/25/11 6:07 PM
Graceful Kauto

LMAO

This is exactly why that moronic leachy hanger on cunt Seagal said that Jones was 'off' last night, that he wasn't himself. In the vain hope Jones would see the interview and think that Seagal actually has something to teach him.

Don't like Bones at all but delighted he refused Seagal point blank. Just wish he wasn't so respectful in his denial of the Aikido (Aikido ffs!! lol) master's request. A simple "GTFO you creep" would have sufficed.
9/25/11 6:10 PM
bram
1028 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

stevekt - I found this through a Google search:

As I heard it, back when he was still somewhat popular Segal was at an airport, Mr Perfect (aka Curt Hennig) was at the same airport, spotted Segal and asked him for an autograph. A bunch of people gathered around, what with the famous movie star and the famous wrestler being together, and Segal thought it would be funny to try to make himself look big. After the autograph he shook Hennig's hand, and then tried some form of aikido wristlock, joking that he was 'better than Perfect'. Hennig, being a very athletic 6' 5" professional wrestler and former All American, squezed Segal's hand as hard as he could, causing the actor to fall to his knees in pain. Segal quickly got up and left, and the gathered folks gave Hennig a cheer.
I literally laughed out loud at this Phone Post
9/25/11 6:13 PM
Bipolar

ranier wolfcastle -  thats why after the fight segal said he was more impressed with rampage

Yep. Got his huge ego bruised. What a sociopathic weirdo.
9/25/11 6:13 PM
Stan Dan Wang

K-Dub-"T" - 
Stan Dan Wang - 

Not that is matters much but it was actually a yellow pants.... not brown....

dammit. i always imagines him waddling away with a duece in his drawers after he woke up.
9/25/11 6:32 PM
MentaL
527 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

9/25/11 6:40 PM
combatested702
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Stan Dan Wang -

Buuuaaaahhahahahaga!!!! Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.