UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Gracie Breakdown of Jones vs. Rampage

9/26/11 1:02 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground News
1030 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Underground News, Editor

Rener and Ralek dissect key moments in the Jon Jones vs. Quinton "Rampage" Jackson title fight. They start with an in-depth analysis of the Flying Friangle that Jon Jones threw on Quinton Jackson at the end of round two. Then, they go into the swift takedown that Jones landed in round four as well as the intricacies of the Rear Naked Choke that ended the fight.

9/26/11 1:10 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
supersaiyan
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i swear these guys are so freaking biased its sickening...where is the Reem vs Werdum breakdown guys??
9/26/11 1:21 PM
crowbar
650 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/26/11 1:20 PM
I find their breakdowns very informative.Rorion has programmed them well. 
9/26/11 1:25 PM
supersaiyan

u noticed they only give breakdowns where bjj techniques worked yet there wasnt any with WErdum ...

it would be nice to see an equal analysis of why bjj didnt work and what couldve been done for it to succeed in a fight instead of just ignoring it when it fails.
9/26/11 1:28 PM
crowbar
650 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/26/11 1:28 PM
Did they ever breakdown the Royce vs Hughes fight? 

*Sarcasm off
9/26/11 1:37 PM
Hansumboy

They should do a breakdown of King Mo VS Roger Gracie lol
9/26/11 1:51 PM
Mr Sponge

Iphone plz Phone Post
9/26/11 1:55 PM
supersaiyan

crowbar - Did they ever breakdown the Royce vs Hughes fight? 

*Sarcasm off

OF COURSE NOT!!!!
9/26/11 1:55 PM
supersaiyan

Hansumboy - They should do a breakdown of King Mo VS Roger Gracie lol

WORD!.. they skipped 3 bjj name fighters for breakdown n jump to this one lol...funny
9/26/11 2:11 PM
studiocamp
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

supersaiyan - u noticed they only give breakdowns where bjj techniques worked yet there wasnt any with WErdum ...

it would be nice to see an equal analysis of why bjj didnt work and what couldve been done for it to succeed in a fight instead of just ignoring it when it fails.

The whole point of the vids are to show the effectiveness of BJJ in a fight that actually happened, not the endless possibilities of what might have happened in every fight where BJJ wasn't effective. They would never be able to stop making vids. Hopefully by now you realized your request is childish, and you should stop acting like a 10r.
9/26/11 2:25 PM
Ice Iowa
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This is the first time I've seen one of these videos. I found it very informative and entertaining. They both did a great job. Keep it up fellas. I'm a fan now.
9/26/11 2:37 PM
ShakaFerreira
139 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Damn I remember when Ralek was just a kid, back when he had a broken arm. He resembles Ralph to me, for some reason.
9/26/11 2:41 PM
supersaiyan

KarateFist - 
supersaiyan - 

WORD!.. they skipped 3 bjj name fighters for breakdown n jump to this one lol...funny

are you fucking stupid?

are you fucking stupid?
9/26/11 2:50 PM
None So Blind
205 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

supersaiyan - u noticed they only give breakdowns where bjj techniques worked yet there wasnt any with WErdum ...

Appreciate the thought, but two concerns:

1. They tend to pick positive examples - where Joe Blow used such and such move effectively to WIN the fight. It's kinda not cool to rag on someone and show how they fucked up all over the place. They aren't on the UG/OG, after all ;-)  And they're trying to show how BJJ works - showing how it doesn't work is a useless activity (i.e., there are a million ways you can fuck up).

2. Even having said that, on occasion they do note where a move was off by a smidgen and thus was less successful than might have been otherwise, or perhaps they simply mention another variation that might have been used at that point.

Having said that - I've not seen them do grappling match breakdowns (like those of ADCC) - have they ever done that before? If not, that might explain why they didn't do why Werdum still lost to Vinny even after having a deep armbar...

And those who are suggesting they critique family members online - hey, you first, let's see you talk shit about your dad or brother or some such all over the net. Enjoy the fallout.
9/26/11 2:50 PM
supersaiyan

studiocamp - 

The whole point of the vids are to show the effectiveness of BJJ in a fight that actually happened, not the endless possibilities of what might have happened in every fight where BJJ wasn't effective. They would never be able to stop making vids. Hopefully by now you realized your request is childish, and you should stop acting like a 10r.

every now n then it would be nice to see ..heck even just once show a scenario ... they do it in other sports with when they do analysis even if not all the time...like in football ,basketball, baseball.

the whole are is based off of endless possibilities just picking one is enough --no need to give all dimensions of coulda-shoulda-woulda

and what the heck is childish about 10ers? this has nothing to do with it and its a pretty vague statement to assess that to everyone who happens to be a member here in 2010. wouldnt that be rude n childish to brandish people you dont even know into category?
9/26/11 2:53 PM
Wasa-B
286 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I dig their enthusiasm and of course educating people about BJJ and grappling.

However, they are Gracies. They are biased. They skipped out the fact that Fedor was circling out of Werdum's triangle for example and bumped into the cage. To be fair, they could have keyed that to "octagon awareness" or knowing where you are in the ring, cage, whatever.

Havent watched it yet but I hope they added that Jones' striking and wrestling also lead to the sub. Rampage gave it up quite easily.
9/26/11 2:57 PM
supersaiyan

bmd - What kind of a fucking retard would want them to "breakdown" parts of fights where BJJ *could* have been used? That makes no sense and shows your high-level of retardedness.

perhaps the opening of where things went wrong and what was the reason for the failure as well as the success hows that for retardation? the fact of the matter isnt about where bjj couldve been used (where it itself has and is already utilized)... it is the failure or success of it
9/26/11 2:59 PM
supersaiyan

Edited: 09/26/11 2:59 PM
KarateFist - 
supersaiyan - 
KarateFist - 
supersaiyan - 

are you fucking stupid?

are you fucking stupid?

no, I'm asking you.

well i am asking you as it appears you have come to that conclusion already -why bother asking really?
9/26/11 3:03 PM
Kostakio
437 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt Phone Post
9/26/11 3:03 PM
supersaiyan

i am pretty certain i am not but since humans arent perfect and continue to have errors and erratic judgement along with not having the answers to everything - i couldnt be 100% sure
9/26/11 3:10 PM
Magic8

Edited: 09/26/11 3:13 PM
why are people getting so butthurt over the fact that not everyone like these vidoes?\

and how do they know that "jones would have finished rampage with the flying triangle at the end of round 2 if he had more time"?     
9/26/11 3:12 PM
knockoutfighter

JohnMatrix - Rener Gracie could be the world's greatest used-car salesman.

9/26/11 3:14 PM
knockoutfighter

Magic8 - why are people getting so butthurt over the fact that not everyone like these vidoes?

They are getting butthurt because they want to see the Gracie Breakdown of fights where Jiu Jitsu failed and did not work. They only show us the fights were it did work, but the truth is BJJ has failed many times in fights even when applied correctly.

I am not a Gracie hater at all, but I would like to see what they say about Werdum/Overeem & others.
9/26/11 3:19 PM
Kirik
1597 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Underground, Mayor for Life
 I totally understand the criticism of Rener and Ralek. People pay a lot of money for those videos, so they have every right to demand that instead Ralek use his extraordinary kickboxing expertise to detail how Jones used kicking and clinching to neutralised Rampage's boxing.
9/26/11 3:26 PM
Cruz2ninjafoya

these two dudes seem like they would be chill as fuck to hang out with. Smoke a few bowls and roll some jj

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.