UnderGround Forums

NFLGround >> Detroit Lions

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

9/27/11 9:17 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
SiftMyMind
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've been looking at (and liking) the moves this team has been making for a while now.

Based on what I've seen so far, I'm predicting the Lions make the playoffs this year
(as long as Stafford stays healthy).
9/27/11 4:22 PM
peglegpeet13
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'll root for them, except when they play the Saints. A good young team with some nasty players.
9/27/11 6:38 PM
Jetstook a GiantD on my Chest (Caleb)
259 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I will root for them except for when they play the Cowboys.
9/27/11 7:51 PM
saucylv33
950 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I will root for them when they play every team.
9/28/11 4:52 AM
Waylay
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This years MVP belongs to the Lions GM, Martin Mayhew.  He (along with Schwartz) have done a fantastic job rebuilding this team.
9/28/11 4:57 PM
SiftMyMind

Edited: 09/28/11 5:29 PM
9/28/11 5:33 PM
SiftMyMind

Edited: 09/28/11 5:35 PM
Waylay - This years MVP belongs to the Lions GM, Martin Mayhew. He (along with Schwartz) have done a fantastic job rebuilding this team.

I agree that the front office and coaching staff have done an excellent job turning the organization around after the devastation Matt Millen caused (there is nothing worse than an arrogant fool with power).

Detroit plays in the same division as Green Bay and Chicago so it will be interesting to see how Detroit measures up against the two teams that played in last year’s NFC Championship game.

-------

Defense
Defense is pretty solid (ranking as high as 2nd overall by some ranking systems).
I can’t wait to see what the D-Line will do when DT Nick Fairley returns (following foot surgery).
With him in the lineup, he will be paired with DT Ndamukong Suh for, what promises to be, the most potent DT duo in football for the 4-3 system which Detroit runs.
I hope Fairley can live up to the hype because Suh already has.
LBs and Secondary personnel are also very good.

Offense
The offense passing game is ranked pretty highly (ranking as high as 8th overall by some ranking systems).
The rushing offense game is ranked pretty poorly on most ranking systems (ranking as low as 29th overall by some ranking systems).
Stafford, Calvin Johnson, Nate Burleson, Brandon Pettigrew and the rest of the receiving core are for real, they can score on the most stingy of defenses and are a home run threat from anywhere on the field.
Of course, there is always a concern about Stafford staying healthy.
The run game is Detroit’s weakness and this will have to be addressed in the years to come.

-------

9/30/11 4:25 PM
Slydawg

Their RB that they traded up to draft got hurt.

9/30/11 4:25 PM
Slydawg

I say no way the Lions make the playoffs.

9/30/11 5:35 PM
Waylay

^Are those two statements related? Are you saying they don't make the playoffs because of an injured RB?
10/1/11 11:11 PM
259 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Waylay -  ^Are those two statements related? Are you saying they don't make the playoffs because of an injured RB?

The Cowboys are about to steal the Lions soul. After the Cowboys beat them this week.. they spiral out of control.
10/1/11 11:18 PM
Waylay

I have grave concerns for Romo. Suh might just kill him. Phone Post
10/2/11 2:04 AM
saucylv33
950 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

They will beat the cowboys tomorrow.
10/2/11 8:42 AM
Slydawg

Jetstook a GiantD on my Chest (Caleb) - 
Waylay -  ^Are those two statements related? Are you saying they don't make the playoffs because of an injured RB?

The Cowboys are about to steal the Lions soul. After the Cowboys beat them this week.. they spiral out of control.

I agree... The same Lions hype every year. "This is going to be their year". They were 5-1 a few seasons ago and lost the rest of their games.

I do not think they will tank just because they lost their rookie RB. I was just stating that their running game sucks and they tried to address it.

10/2/11 11:10 AM

Their defensive line is certainly going to give us hell. Suh may just kill Romo... you are right about that... but our defensive line is going to give them hell too. Their offensive line is nothing special and gave up at least 5 sacks to the Vikings. Stafford is going to be running for his life in this game. I think it is going to come down to who gets the most turnovers.

The Cowboys offense right now is about as weak as it can be. No Miles Austin, Dez may or may not play.. if he does he will be 60%, Romo still has a fractured rib.. so he will be forcing throws. He may not even play the whole game.

If the Cowboys were at 100% on offense, they would kill the Lions this week.
10/2/11 4:35 PM
saucylv33

4-0!
10/3/11 11:47 AM
alxholic
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

time to separate some shoulders next monday night!

-bears fan
10/3/11 6:41 PM
SiftMyMind

Very anxious to see that Det vs Chi game myself
10/3/11 7:16 PM
Tebowkakke
157 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think Schwatrz has done a great job coaching this team, but they are building this team the right way, from the inside out. They are putting together great offensive and defensive lines. They picked up their guy at QB a couple years ago and everything is starting to fit into its place.
11/5/11 5:14 PM
Steelersfan 24 7

I'll cheer for them unless they are playing the Steelers.

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.