UnderGround Forums

Michigan Underground >> MMA finally coming to Sarnia, Ontario

9/29/11 10:59 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
thewood
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Avant-Guard Promotions is proud to bring Mixed Martial Arts to our community of Sarnia-Lambton. The RBC Centre will be the home of the FIRST ever MIXED MARTIAL ARTS event in Sarnia-Lambton on December 3, 2011. The event, called MELTDOWN in the Valley, will be a full card of sanctioned professional bouts, consisting of fighters from the area, across Ontario and the United States. It is the first of many events that will be brought to the community by Avant-Guard Promotions. This exciting event will be highlighted with a maximum ten fights in the octagon on December 3rd 2011.

“As founder and long time instructor of St. Clair Tae-kwon-do it was only natural to embrace the MMA sport. Having organized Provincial team trials and participating as an official in Olympic Team trials I find this opportunity of bringing, "LIVE MMA " to Sarnia for fans to enjoy just as exciting,“ President of Avant-Guard Promotions Al Duffy says.
“Partnering with Woodrow James, whose expertise and knowledge of the sport and enthusiasm that seems to know no bounds, inspires me to make this event one that will not be soon forgotten by the Sarnia fans.”

The weekend will begin with a special “Meet the fighters“ dinner at the Holiday Inn on December 2. This exclusive dinner will include a weigh-in of the fighters, as well as a meet and greet with a UFC legend (whose name will be released at a later date).

“I just feel that this is a great event that has been long awaited by the area. Sarnia Lambton is a huge fan base for the MMA Sport. ,” Duffy Simon says.

“I'm really looking forward to it and am excited to see such high calibre matches right here in our own backyard..”

The Expo, which will be held on the concors level of the RBC Centre beginning December 3 at 1 p.m., will highlight life in the MMA as well as demonstrations, sales and exhibitions. Also during the EXPO there will be a legendary UFC/MMA fighter on hand signing autographs and talking to fans.

“It is an honour and a privilege to be apart of such a historic event to the RBC Center here in Sarnia. As a long time fan and competitor of combat sports, I truly believe our city is ready to host and embrace such an event. After spending the last five years working throughout Michigan it’s finally nice to be able to work here at home and bring something I’m very passionate about to our community,” CEO Woodrow James says
“For people seeing this sport live for the first time , i am making a promise that it will rival any event this city has ever seen and starting December 3, I, along with my partners at Avant-Guard Promotions, intend on making this promise a reality.”

?
?
?
?
?

Avant-Guard Promotions

The locally based promotions company is the amalgamation of three of the most well known individuals in Sarnia. With their knowledge of the community and the partners involved within it, Avant-Guard hopes to grow into the largest Promotions company in the area. This will give Avant-Guard the potential to expand throughout Southwestern Ontario and beyond. Many know Avant-Guard Promotion’s President Al Duffy, from his years of dedicated service to Tae-Kwan-Do within the community. He has been a figure head of high school hockey, as well as a member of the Community in Blooms committee of Sarnia-Lambton. Al then joined nephew Duffy Simon, from Planet Stitch as partners with this endeavour. Duffy as he is more frequently known, brings a wide range of local business expertise to Avant-Guard Promotions. A local entrepreneur who has made a living bringing the community fine quality products at competitive prices, Duffy has built his custom embroidering business from the ground up. The Lambton College graduate is one of most influential business owners in the community. CEO Woodrow James is an encyclopaedia of knowledge in regards to Mixed Martial Arts. The promoter, fighter and manager was the final piece of the puzzle. His knowledge of the sport and the fact he himself has put on many events, such as Battle at the Boarder, is an asset to the growing organization. All three have vowed to make any event hosted by Avant-Guard Promotions to have one general theme- Class.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.