UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Kings MMA Update: Cordeiro, Wand, Munoz...

9/30/11 4:49 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Tru
100 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/30/11 4:49 PM

v

Head Master Rafael Cordeiro from Kings MMA talks about UFC Rio, Wand vs Cung Le, Munoz vs Leben and more. 

Link to original story
9/30/11 4:52 PM
Mr. Blonde
338 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tru, is Alistair headed to Kings MMA? (I personally think that camp is the best fit for him)
9/30/11 4:57 PM
HanzoSword
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mr. Blonde -  Tru, is Alistair headed to Kings MMA? (I personally think that camp is the best fit for him)

ya it seems like it would be a great fit for him,It would be interesting to see if him and Werdum would train togther if he decided to go there
9/30/11 4:57 PM
Tru
100 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mr. Blonde -  Tru, is Alistair headed to Kings MMA? (I personally think that camp is the best fit for him)

I know it probably would be a good fit. Siyar from Golden Glory trains at kings..so who knows.  that would be nuts if he did though because of the history between himself and werdum.  Originally I thought he would join the US branch of Golden Glory that they say is opening in Orange County..but they have been saying that for five months.

Honestly, I havent head even a mention of overeem's name, let alone him joining the team..but who knows.  It would be a nice fit though.
9/30/11 5:05 PM
Mr. Blonde
338 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tru - 

I know it probably would be a good fit. Siyar from Golden Glory trains at kings..so who knows.  that would be nuts if he did though because of the history between himself and werdum.  Originally I thought he would join the US branch of Golden Glory that they say is opening in Orange County..but they have been saying that for five months.

Honestly, I havent head even a mention of overeem's name, let alone him joining the team..but who knows.  It would be a nice fit though.
 Thanks for responding. If you saw his most recent video (thereem.com) he's split with Golden Glory. In other words he's no longer with them and he's moving to America. Anyway, he was looking at a couple of different gyms, one of them being Kings MMA. As far as history goes, he has fought Fabricio (which turned out to be a total clusterfuck) and he did fight Shogun twice. From what I remember, Alistair actually gets along with Shogun - as far as Werdum goes, I'm not sure. Regardless of history and what happened, it's pretty obvious they can help eachother out (in regards to their weaknesses). Like the old quote, Iron sharpens Iron. As far as coaching goes, well, I can't imagine a coach that would be better suited to coach Alistair than Cordeiro. I mean you have the best Striker being coached by arguably the best Striking coach ever. I'm really hoping for the Reem to come through on this. 

9/30/11 5:19 PM
Mr. Blonde

ttt
9/30/11 6:04 PM
Mr Sponge
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ttt good stuff Phone Post
9/30/11 6:18 PM
Mr. Blonde

ttt for Tru
9/30/11 7:18 PM
J-Tee
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/30/11 7:18 PM
 ^^In a video (i'll post if I find it) Wanderlei speaks of his poor performance and basically attributes it to the fact that he was too emotional and impatient going into the cage due to having been away from fighting for so long.

9/30/11 7:46 PM
Wasa-B
303 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

As a Wand fan and longtime observer of him, one thing i think people are overlooking is that Wand still beat Bisping and basically could have had a draw with Franklin. Bisping is a fast and tricky stiker and Wand showed he can still match someone like that.

His chin and speed are def down from there it used to be but against Leben, consider that he simply got too aggressive (left himself open) and also that Leben hits very hard himself.

That said, I do think Wand's window of time is very limited. Its hard to want to see him continue if he gets KOed again.
9/30/11 8:06 PM
Tru

Mr. Blonde - 
Tru - 

Thanks for responding. If you saw his most recent video (thereem.com) he's split with Golden Glory. In other words he's no longer with them and he's moving to America. Anyway, he was looking at a couple of different gyms, one of them being Kings MMA. As far as history goes, he has fought Fabricio (which turned out to be a total clusterfuck) and he did fight Shogun twice. From what I remember, Alistair actually gets along with Shogun - as far as Werdum goes, I'm not sure. Regardless of history and what happened, it's pretty obvious they can help eachother out (in regards to their weaknesses). Like the old quote, Iron sharpens Iron. As far as coaching goes, well, I can't imagine a coach that would be better suited to coach Alistair than Cordeiro. I mean you have the best Striker being coached by arguably the best Striking coach ever. I'm really hoping for the Reem to come through on this. 

i was just at kings and you are right..about 3 weeks ago reem did come by the gym to look.  i think if werdum had overeem as a sparring partner full time he would improve leaps and bounds as well
9/30/11 8:09 PM
Mr. Blonde

Tru - 
Mr. Blonde - 
Tru - 

i was just at kings and you are right..about 3 weeks ago reem did come by the gym to look.  i think if werdum had overeem as a sparring partner full time he would improve leaps and bounds as well
Hopefully he'll train there - thanks for the info Tru. Your interviews are awesome, and it would be pretty cool if you let us know if Alistair will train there.

10/2/11 3:09 PM
Tru

ttt
10/2/11 3:39 PM
Radio Raheem
1333 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nice beard Truey. (no homo) Phone Post
10/2/11 5:35 PM
Tru

Radio Raheem -  Nice beard Truey. (no homo) Phone Post

thanks man.  I had stitches in my face 3 weeks ago and couldn't shave for nearly a month. 

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.