UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Struve: Barry 1st opponent to do weird s--- too

10/1/11 11:32 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground News
1284 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Underground News, Editor

Pat Barry and Stefan Struve do not have height in common. 5' 11" Pat Barry is the shortest heavyweight in the UFC, while 6' 11" Stefan Struve is the tallest. And they fight tonight on the UFC on Versus 6 main card.

What they do share is a unique way to build interest in a fight. Instead of the stale, scripted, played out, out of date trash talk, call it laugh talk. As Struve put it, he is fighting someone "just a bit taller than a Smurf."

YouTube.com and other video sites have been their podiums and megaphones.

“I always have the same kind of jokes with my trainers, but It’s the first time an opponent is doing the same weird s--- as me,” Struve told MMAWeekly.com. “People are following it and people are loving it, so it’s good.”

“The thing is, I like Stefan Struve as a person,” Barry told MMAWeekly Radio Weekend Edition. “We’re really cool. We laugh and joke every time we’re around each other. Next time I go to Amsterdam, I’m going to go hang out with him!”

That said, it’s all fun and games until the two square off for 15 minutes, at most.

“I’m going to try to kick his head off or, when I get the chance, I’ll break his arm or  choke him out,” Struve said. “But for the rest, I’ve got no problem with him. So why not have a little fun leading up to the fight.”

Read entire article...

10/1/11 11:57 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
zero623
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Could be an interesting fight as long as it doesn't turn into a bro fest with a bunch of mid-fight hugging like the Cro Cop fight.
10/1/11 12:03 PM
growup
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

zero623 - Could be an interesting fight as long as it doesn't turn into a bro fest with a bunch of mid-fight hugging like the Cro Cop fight.
It will Phone Post
10/1/11 12:33 PM
slugshot331
280 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Glovegate - What's the problem with brofests? No homo.
They usually lead to bro rapes. Very homo. Phone Post
10/1/11 12:40 PM
Uncle Justice
73 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

10/1/11 12:41 PM
Uncle Justice
73 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

10/1/11 12:42 PM
Uncle Justice

10/1/11 2:25 PM
Hansumboy
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

warheart209 - what is this a loser gets shit canned match? After barely pulling out the W against the Mexicutioner then the worst luck in UFC history and getting KTFO by KOngo im convinced Barry can't buy a win and is going to get put to final sleep by struve and released.

Was this written by a 10 year old?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.