UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> TJ Grant says he was gonna break it.

10/2/11 8:56 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
fakezaga
84 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

From a local paper today:

“He didn’t tap out or verbally tap, but he did yell out in pain, so the referee stopped the fight," he said. “It was very close for me to just breaking his arm, so that was that. I’ve had a million armbars on and it was a mat­ter of time before that thing broke."

http://thechronicleherald.ca/Sports/9022199.html

It was a terrible way for a fight to end. But people saying Roller got robbed need to think of TJ, too. He may well have been robbed of sub of the night.

Fernando Yamasaki owes TJG $65K!!
10/2/11 9:03 AM
kill joy
73 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT for the 'Chronically Horrid'

also TJ did get screwed out of a bonus, hopefully got some lockerroom love from Zuffa.

10/2/11 9:15 AM
fakezaga
84 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sherdog is suggesting a fight between Grant and Wiman, which makes a lot of sense.

I'd also like to see TJ fight Nate Diaz.
10/2/11 9:37 AM
NorthFromHere
309 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The arm was about to snap but still if Roller wants to break his own arm, let him do that
10/2/11 9:42 AM
Jack Skellington
731 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm one of Grant's biggest fans.

My instructor used to be his training partner so I've been following TJ for years. I'm thrilled that he got the sub win

FUN FACT: TJ Grant hails from the same city as NHL superstar Sidney Crosby does, Cole Harbour Nova Scotia.
10/2/11 9:42 AM
TheParrot
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

fakezaga - From a local paper today:

“He didn’t tap out or verbally tap, but he did yell out in pain, so the referee stopped the fight," he said. “It was very close for me to just breaking his arm, so that was that. I’ve had a million armbars on and it was a mat­ter of time before that thing broke."

http://thechronicleherald.ca/Sports/9022199.html

It was a terrible way for a fight to end. But people saying Roller got robbed need to think of TJ, too. He may well have been robbed of sub of the night.

Fernando Yamasaki owes TJG $65K!!

Why would Fernando owe him money for correctly enforcing the rules?
10/2/11 9:46 AM
fakezaga

^ I hear you. I agree that it was within the rules. I am just saying that anyone who thinks it was premature should realize it probably cost TJ more than it did Roller.

Hey Jack - who do you train with?

Fun Fact: Cole Harbour is the Jersey Shore of Nova Scotia.
10/2/11 10:46 AM
fakezaga

TTT-eh!
10/2/11 10:48 AM
guardbr8kr
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

up
10/2/11 11:01 AM
ILOVEFIGHTING

fakezaga - ^ I hear you. I agree that it was within the rules. I am just saying that anyone who thinks it was premature should realize it probably cost TJ more than it did Roller.

Hey Jack - who do you train with?

Fun Fact: Cole Harbour is the Jersey Shore of Nova Scotia.

Born and raised in Cole Harbour you have no idea what you are talking about.
10/2/11 11:02 AM
frederic
579 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

NorthFromHere - The arm was about to snap but still if Roller wants to break his own arm, let him do that
If he wants to have it happen, he can't scream out in pain. That's reason enough for the ref to stop the fight. Silently gritting it out is the way it happens. Or fighting Paul Harris where he'll continue to sink it even after the ref steps in.
10/2/11 11:02 AM
ILOVEFIGHTING

What the hell do you mean the Jersey Shore?

Anyway War TJ!!
10/2/11 11:07 AM
HaliChap
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He meant = Soul Harour.

War TJ!!!! Phone Post
10/2/11 11:23 AM
fakezaga

ILOVEFIGHTING - What the hell do you mean the Jersey Shore?

Anyway War TJ!!

Easy killers. I train at FitPlus - I was just poking a bit of fun at my CH friends.

Clearly the Jersey Shore of Nova Scotia is Lower Sackville.
10/2/11 11:24 AM
fakezaga

What fight do people want next for TJ at 155?
10/2/11 11:24 AM
SQUIRREL Master
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i think it was a just stoppage. that was a very tight arm bar there is no way he would have escaped.
10/2/11 11:25 AM
MisterHawkeMMA
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Honestly, I don't think anybody did anything wrong... I just think they need to change the rule. No more verbal tapping period, if you can't tap with our arms, tap with your feet.

I hate the idea of seeing more breaks and tears, but at the end of the day, we're all men (and women). Protecting yourself is your responsibility alone while conscience.
10/2/11 11:27 AM
NorthFromHere
309 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

fakezaga - What fight do people want next for TJ at 155?

Jim Miller or Mark Bocek
10/2/11 11:30 AM
fabes
155 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

NorthFromHere -
fakezaga - What fight do people want next for TJ at 155?

Jim Miller or Mark Bocek
Jim Miller?

Not yet.

Bocek or Oliveira maybe.

Sidenote, love to see Wiman vs Yves. Phone Post
10/2/11 11:44 AM
NorthFromHere

Edited: 10/02/11 11:44 AM
Yeah Grant is not on Miller's level in LW rankings but it's a great match up.
Grant vs George Sots would be awesome!
10/2/11 11:45 AM
NorthFromHere

Grant vs gatekeeper Tibau is another one
10/2/11 11:47 AM
nostripewhite

Edited: 10/02/11 11:48 AM
Cole Harbour is the Jersey Shore.

Lower Sackville is ... Fucking terrible.

Eastern Passage is any backwood slum town filled with flannel.

/thread
10/2/11 12:13 PM
kill joy
73 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

nostripewhite is correct,

though what does that make us Annapolis Valley folk?
10/2/11 12:53 PM
nostripewhite

Idaho?
10/2/11 1:40 PM
blueheron20816
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MisterHawkeMMA - Honestly, I don't think anybody did anything wrong... I just think they need to change the rule. No more verbal tapping period, if you can't tap with our arms, tap with your feet.

I hate the idea of seeing more breaks and tears, but at the end of the day, we're all men (and women). Protecting yourself is your responsibility alone while conscience.

I really hope this is not a serious post....

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.