UnderGround Forums

Wrestling UnderGround >> Chael's Wrestling Workout

10/3/11 10:01 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
nowaydo
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Watch more video of 2011 World Championships on flowrestling.org

Great!
10/4/11 12:55 AM
Missing Glove Tape
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chael hitting a sumi-gaeshi at 1:30, what? Nice! haha.
10/4/11 1:47 PM
Martyspike

The boys got legit skills!

Thanks for the clip.
10/7/11 5:51 AM
HULC
63 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What new rules are he talking about?
10/7/11 11:47 AM
ChipW
161 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HULC - What new rules are he talking about?
International rules got changed in 2004 for freestyle and greco.  I became a fan after that so the new rules are all ive ever known but my understanding is that the biggest differences are:
1.  total score does not matter.  You must win 2 of 3 rounds to win the match.    
2.  scorelss or tied rounds are settled by starting  the wrestlers in a clinch position (its actually like a single leg in freestyle).  You either escape or get the take down thus settling the tied round.  Who is attacking and who is defending is decided by a card flip.
3.  you can score by pushing your opponent out of bounds.  
4.  i think the rounds were shortened as well.  

I believe the purpose of the rules changes was to speed up the action and discourage stalling.  Again, im just a fan but from my understanding the above was what the new rules are and why they came about.  

11/11/11 9:51 AM
HULC
63 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thanks for clearing that up for me. So if wrestler A absolutely dominates the first round, but rounds 2 and 3 are really slow and he loses each just slightly, then he would still lose the match?
11/14/11 6:39 PM
ocianain

Nice!

Class act Chael giving props to Jason Bryant!
11/14/11 8:56 PM
ChipW
161 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HULC - Thanks for clearing that up for me. So if wrestler A absolutely dominates the first round, but rounds 2 and 3 are really slow and he loses each just slightly, then he would still lose the match?
Correct. He would lose Phone Post
11/16/11 3:30 AM
AndrewJitsu
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ttt Phone Post
12/4/11 7:26 PM
HoldYerGround
160 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ChipW -
2.  scorelss or tied rounds are settled by starting  the wrestlers in a clinch position (its actually like a single leg in freestyle).  You either escape or get the take down thus settling the tied round.  Who is attacking and who is defending is decided by a card flip.

I believe this is settled by "ball grab"? No?

Sounds gay doesn't it. It is.
12/5/11 11:42 PM
ChipW

HoldYerGround -
ChipW -

I believe this is settled by "ball grab"? No?

Sounds gay doesn't it. It is.
The matches I've seen have been high school and younger . They just flip a card just like in folkstyle but I just looked it up and your right, the rules say ball grab. Colored ball drawn from a bag. Phone Post
3/15/12 1:16 AM
Deryck Ripley
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yes, it's a ball grab. Phone Post
4/6/12 11:20 AM
napalmstyle
708 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah this Sanderson cat is kinda good Phone Post
4/9/12 3:57 PM
UGCTT_FryedTakayama
837 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT Very cool vid!
5/7/12 3:17 PM
A_Butler
92 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Later Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.