UnderGround Forums

GamerGround >> Dark Souls

10/16/11 9:02 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
sewich
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

so just getting started, i ran through the grave yard to collect as many items as i could before getting killed and i cleared out some of undead burg to get some easy souls.
im going warrior since i read its pretty forgiving for beginners and my question is what should i be spending my level ups on at first? i got my str to 16 for when i get the drake sword and put 1 in END and 1 in DEX so far. should i be concentrating on 1 of them right away or just keep spreading it around those 3(or somethign else i just choose those 3 cause they seemed like the ones i would get the most of for a warrior.
10/16/11 9:25 PM
slugshot331
276 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

raoulDuke -  fuckin snuggly crow wont trade with me, wasted two cracked orbs trying to trade him the stones to get uncursed,

and i wasted my last 'divine blessing' also trying to lift said curse...nothing

still at half HP.....

the real demon's souls starts here IMO

Hmm, I'm assuming you were inside the nest when you dropped one cracked orb?  I had a problem where I lost an item because I was standing just outside of it.  Also, some items can only be traded once, so if you trade an orb for the stones, you can't trade in any more orbs.
10/16/11 9:27 PM
slugshot331
276 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sewich - so just getting started, i ran through the grave yard to collect as many items as i could before getting killed and i cleared out some of undead burg to get some easy souls.
im going warrior since i read its pretty forgiving for beginners and my question is what should i be spending my level ups on at first? i got my str to 16 for when i get the drake sword and put 1 in END and 1 in DEX so far. should i be concentrating on 1 of them right away or just keep spreading it around those 3(or somethign else i just choose those 3 cause they seemed like the ones i would get the most of for a warrior.
This is something I'd like to know as well, because I pretty much spread everything out on my character.  There aren't really any build guides out there that I've seen.

10/16/11 10:09 PM
Oldboy
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

slugshot331 - 
raoulDuke -  fuckin snuggly crow wont trade with me, wasted two cracked orbs trying to trade him the stones to get uncursed,

and i wasted my last 'divine blessing' also trying to lift said curse...nothing

still at half HP.....

the real demon's souls starts here IMO

Hmm, I'm assuming you were inside the nest when you dropped one cracked orb?  I had a problem where I lost an item because I was standing just outside of it.  Also, some items can only be traded once, so if you trade an orb for the stones, you can't trade in any more orbs.

You can't trade with Snuggly at Firelink. First you have to have him take you back to the Asylum and there will be a smaller nest near the bottom of the cliff (before you enter the Asylum) where you can do trades. Drop off your item, reload your game and your new item will be there. Only one trade per game, but in New Game + it resets.
10/16/11 10:11 PM
slugshot331

That's what I meant. I assumed he was trading at the right nest. You know your there when you hear that annoying bird talk to you haha. I did have that issue at the asylum nest, read about it online too. Phone Post
10/16/11 10:14 PM
Oldboy
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

slugshot331 - 
sewich - so just getting started, i ran through the grave yard to collect as many items as i could before getting killed and i cleared out some of undead burg to get some easy souls.
This is something I'd like to know as well, because I pretty much spread everything out on my character.  There aren't really any build guides out there that I've seen.

Don't try to do everything, it'll bite you in the ass in the end. Decide from the get go what kind of weapons, magic and armor you want to use and go from there.

For instance if you want to make a melee guy, put your points into VIT/END and then pump up STR/DEX depending on what kinds of weapons you want to use. Points in ATT/INT/FAI are a waste since you won't be using magic.

If you want to make a hybrid I generally recommend using pyro, as you don't have to put any points into INT, just ATT so you can get slots for spells. That way you can still beef up your VIT/END.

Magic users should focus in ATT/INT then VIT/END with just enough STR/DEX to use your weapons.

A "Paladin" style build based off the knight will have you pump STR/VIT/END/FAI and some ATT for magic slots.

Just some examples, but remember trying to do everything will make you weak later in the game. If you try to use miracles, sorcery, pyro and wield massive weapons, you'll suck at all of them.
10/16/11 10:35 PM
sewich
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

so basiclly pump up your survialbilty till you get a weapon/armor that makes you bump your offense. dont level the stat that raises your damage till you aquire a item that needs a stat requirement and dont level it higher than the item requires?

10/16/11 11:05 PM
slugshot331

Edited: 10/16/11 11:07 PM
Oldboy - 
slugshot331 - 

Don't try to do everything, it'll bite you in the ass in the end. Decide from the get go what kind of weapons, magic and armor you want to use and go from there.

For instance if you want to make a melee guy, put your points into VIT/END and then pump up STR/DEX depending on what kinds of weapons you want to use. Points in ATT/INT/FAI are a waste since you won't be using magic.

If you want to make a hybrid I generally recommend using pyro, as you don't have to put any points into INT, just ATT so you can get slots for spells. That way you can still beef up your VIT/END.

Magic users should focus in ATT/INT then VIT/END with just enough STR/DEX to use your weapons.

A "Paladin" style build based off the knight will have you pump STR/VIT/END/FAI and some ATT for magic slots.

Just some examples, but remember trying to do everything will make you weak later in the game. If you try to use miracles, sorcery, pyro and wield massive weapons, you'll suck at all of them.
alright that's what I'm doing now, got my VIT/END to 20, STR to 36 and DEX is 20ish, I'm tempted to use one of the heavy axes like the Dragon King Great Axe or try and make Quelaag's Furysword or Artorias Greatsword, but the fury sword requires more DEX and the greatsword is kind of hybrid where you want STR and DEX up there as well as INT and FAI and the great axe needs 50 str, but it's heavy as hell.  I'm using the Elite Knight set and have upgraded each piece up to +4/5, so I can take a few hits. 

10/17/11 10:55 AM
David Mortensen
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

killed the hydra and the gaping dragon last night.  for some reason initially i couldnt avoid the water blasts from the hydra, died probably 15 times before i got lucky and got in range.  easy as shit once you have the rusted iron ring.

now its on to blighttown.....fuck me
10/17/11 11:27 AM
Broady
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Crazy speed-run: http://www.joystiq.com/2011/10/16/dark-souls-speed-run-is-a-tour-de-force-of-tolerance/

Takes less than 90mins to clock the game.
10/17/11 11:57 AM
David Mortensen
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Broady - Crazy speed-run: http://www.joystiq.com/2011/10/16/dark-souls-speed-run-is-a-tour-de-force-of-tolerance/

Takes less than 90mins to clock the game.
Fuck that noise...took me like 2 hours to get past the unread burg lol Phone Post
10/17/11 2:28 PM
KH Johnsen
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I can't seem to time the drop attack on the Minotaur. You just drop of the ledge and press attack after or?

Any help is appreciated. Phone Post
10/17/11 3:19 PM
East Clintwood
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

David Mortensen -  killed the hydra and the gaping dragon last night.  for some reason initially i couldnt avoid the water blasts from the hydra, died probably 15 times before i got lucky and got in range.  easy as shit once you have the rusted iron ring.

now its on to blighttown.....fuck me
Same here, the blasts were wrecking me so I took a break and killed Havil the Rock at the bottom of the tower near the Hydra then killed hydra first try the next time. Phone Post
10/17/11 3:38 PM
Eric Collins
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

KH Johnsen -  I can't seem to time the drop attack on the Minotaur. You just drop of the ledge and press attack after or?

Right Bumper, not trigger.
10/17/11 3:50 PM
Str4nger D4nger
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sen's Fortress is full of aids. You'll kill several snake men deftly just to find yourself cornered by another one, no different from the others, getting his rape on all over you. My butt is so very sore. Phone Post
10/17/11 7:11 PM
LittleKang
80 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ok where is the nest in firelink? Phone Post
10/17/11 9:04 PM
TSMontana
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

10/17/11 9:24 PM
LittleKang
80 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My new pyro is definitely alot stronger already. Just to pace him out Phone Post
10/18/11 2:51 AM
KH Johnsen
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Eric Collins -
KH Johnsen -  I can't seem to time the drop attack on the Minotaur. You just drop of the ledge and press attack after or?

Right Bumper, not trigger.
Thanks Phone Post
10/18/11 3:01 AM
David Mortensen

What weapon are you guys using? I'm still using the Drake sword but its hitting pretty weak in sens fortress. Is it worth the dragon scales to upgrade it? Phone Post
10/18/11 3:43 AM
smellin_like_kush420
76 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ttt thanks for all the info guys helped a shit ton! Phone Post
10/18/11 6:14 AM
slugshot331

David Mortensen -  What weapon are you guys using? I'm still using the Drake sword but its hitting pretty weak in sens fortress. Is it worth the dragon scales to upgrade it? Phone Post

No, if you kill the first mimic chest you see in Sen's, it drops a lightning spear, way better than the drake sword.
10/18/11 6:16 AM
slugshot331

LittleKang -  Ok where is the nest in firelink? Phone Post

10/18/11 7:01 AM
Tankhead
86 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How in gods sweet and holy name do I get back to the Undead Asylum? Phone Post
10/18/11 9:33 AM
Str4nger D4nger
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

slugshot331 -
David Mortensen -  What weapon are you guys using? I'm still using the Drake sword but its hitting pretty weak in sens fortress. Is it worth the dragon scales to upgrade it? Phone Post

No, if you kill the first mimic chest you see in Sen's, it drops a lightning spear, way better than the drake sword.
Definitely, plus the spear has normal upgrades so getting it up in level is a breeze. Of course it's biggest point is that you don't have to lower your shield to attack from it. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.