UnderGround Forums

GamerGround >> Dark Souls

10/18/11 10:26 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
David Mortensen
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tankhead - How in gods sweet and holy name do I get back to the Undead Asylum? Phone Post
You have to jump off the elevator that takes you up near the blacksmith and the bell Gargoyles. Easiest way to do it is to get on at firelink and run against the wall on the side that you got on the elevator from. Eventually you'll pop on to this ledge. From there you have to jump on to the spiral staircase, run up and curl into a ball. Get the key from the body on the roof that you can get from the staircase before you go back though. Phone Post
10/18/11 4:03 PM
JesusTapped
812 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I went back to the Asylum after watching the video on how to do it.

Now I'm wondering why I did it? Something back here worth scavenging? Getting my ass kicked by a knight. And I thought I killed the asylum demon, why's he back?

Gonna stick my halbert 3 up their asses when the wife goes to bed.

This thread turned out to be a great resource for me so far! Phone Post
10/18/11 4:47 PM
David Mortensen
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JesusTapped - I went back to the Asylum after watching the video on how to do it.

Now I'm wondering why I did it? Something back here worth scavenging? Getting my ass kicked by a knight. And I thought I killed the asylum demon, why's he back?

There is a ring that let's you move at full speed in water and some titanite I think. There are also 3 black knights and that asshole asylum demon. I skipped him for when I'm stronger Phone Post
10/18/11 5:02 PM
slugshot331
276 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

David Mortensen - 
JesusTapped - I went back to the Asylum after watching the video on how to do it.

There is a ring that let's you move at full speed in water and some titanite I think. There are also 3 black knights and that asshole asylum demon. I skipped him for when I'm stronger Phone Post
Yea, there is also a really good shield dropped by the guy who gave you the estus flask at the start, and a peculiar doll in your starting cell that you need to enter another area  later on in the game.  The shield is a good one, 100% phys dmg reduction and 80% magic reduction I think.
10/18/11 5:16 PM
Oldboy
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Also killing the Asylum Demon again nets you a Titanite Slab, which are incredibly rare. So you have the Rust Ring, the awesome Shield, the Titanite Slab and you can trade with Snuggly. Oh and the creepy doll of Pricilla's.

I just wrote up a guide on how to get the Dark Wood Grain Ring (changes your roll to a flip/cartwheel which is much faster and has much better range, plus it looks wicked.) as early as right after you beat the Gargoyles, while being able to resolve your sins with the Forest Covenant and rejoin if so inclined.

Anyone interested?
10/18/11 5:42 PM
omgjoshjames
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Oldboy - Also killing the Asylum Demon again nets you a Titanite Slab, which are incredibly rare. So you have the Rust Ring, the awesome Shield, the Titanite Slab and you can trade with Snuggly. Oh and the creepy doll of Pricilla's.

I just wrote up a guide on how to get the Dark Wood Grain Ring (changes your roll to a flip/cartwheel which is much faster and has much better range, plus it looks wicked.) as early as right after you beat the Gargoyles, while being able to resolve your sins with the Forest Covenant and rejoin if so inclined.

Anyone interested?
That ring sounds wicked. Tell us oldboy Phone Post
10/18/11 5:43 PM
David Mortensen

Does the flip/cartwheel work even if i'm a fatty wearing heavy armor?
10/18/11 5:43 PM
Oldboy

raoulDuke -  FUCK!!!! save file corrupted....20 hrs in??????

think im done

saw another forum where it happened to a guy at SL 70 lol..fuck this game

Dude that fucking sucks! Apparently there had been an issue where players online who hacked their games and invaded other players worlds caused the other players save files to fuck up because of their cheating.

Also if you quit the game without going back to the main screen there is a chance of file corruption but it's very small.

There is a patch coming out soon that should address this, along with a lot of the other cheap bullshit players have been exploiting in this game such as infinite item and spell uses, cheap ass spells like Tranquil Walk of Piece and the Gravity spell from the Stone Greatsword and the fucking fog ring that doesn't let you lock on to other players.

I think the challenge of this game and the fact that there are so many ways to play it make it so fun. But there are always dickbags who only play the cheapest way possible because in reality they suck dong when it comes to playing the game as intended.

For example, I got invaded today and I was only soul level 8. The guy I fought somehow had a fully upgraded fire Shotel, neither of which (the upgrades and their materials required and the weapon itself) are possible to attain so early in the game. But sure enough this asswipe killed me with his weapon he isn't even supposed to have.

So either two things happened, this guy hacked his game or the PvP level matching system is totally fucked. I have heard issues with the level matching but this guy considering his equipment had to at least be SL 50.

Ugh, can't wait for the patch. It is likely it'll be out by the end of the month.
10/18/11 6:00 PM
slugshot331
276 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So there's level matching for invasions?  I haven't looked into it much, and I've been invaded about 4 times.  got owned the first two, killed the last two, who happened to invade one right after the other.  How do invasions work Oldboy?

10/18/11 6:05 PM
Tankhead
86 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

6k souls a minute exploit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yht9zsh02CI Phone Post
10/18/11 8:17 PM
omgjoshjames
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So I just remembered I hadn't killed that asshole Havel the rock and went back to pay him a visit. Completely dominated him lol. Seriously fuck that guy Phone Post
10/18/11 8:26 PM
slugshot331

omgjoshjames -  So I just remembered I hadn't killed that asshole Havel the rock and went back to pay him a visit. Completely dominated him lol. Seriously fuck that guy Phone Post

His ring is awesome if you wear heavy armor, you can get his armor later in the game, but it is really heavy
10/18/11 8:30 PM
Oldboy

raoulDuke - 
Oldboy - 
raoulDuke -  FUCK!!!! save file corrupted....20 hrs in??????

think im done

saw another forum where it happened to a guy at SL 70 lol..fuck this game

Dude that fucking sucks! Apparently there had been an issue where players online who hacked their games and invaded other players worlds caused the other players save files to fuck up because of their cheating.

Also if you quit the game without going back to the main screen there is a chance of file corruption but it's very small.

There is a patch coming out soon that should address this, along with a lot of the other cheap bullshit players have been exploiting in this game such as infinite item and spell uses, cheap ass spells like Tranquil Walk of Piece and the Gravity spell from the Stone Greatsword and the fucking fog ring that doesn't let you lock on to other players.

I think the challenge of this game and the fact that there are so many ways to play it make it so fun. But there are always dickbags who only play the cheapest way possible because in reality they suck dong when it comes to playing the game as intended.

For example, I got invaded today and I was only soul level 8. The guy I fought somehow had a fully upgraded fire Shotel, neither of which (the upgrades and their materials required and the weapon itself) are possible to attain so early in the game. But sure enough this asswipe killed me with his weapon he isn't even supposed to have.

So either two things happened, this guy hacked his game or the PvP level matching system is totally fucked. I have heard issues with the level matching but this guy considering his equipment had to at least be SL 50.

Ugh, can't wait for the patch. It is likely it'll be out by the end of the month.

bro if im even gonna continue at this point, im gonna have to find some kinda cheat to get back to at least NEAR where i was...cant see grinding out another 20+ hours to just get back to where i was..

Don't feel too bad man. Sure you may have lost a lot but when you restart you can not only use the forest/cliff soul trick but you will also know where everything is, where to go and how to fight the various enemies. Also you'll have a better idea how you want to use your souls for leveling/upgrades and what not.

So definitely frustrating but use your knowledge to make your next game even better. I had to restart a few times because I messed up getting some items and screwed myself out of my favorite covenant (Forest Hunter). Seriously, it'll take you half the time or even less to get back to where you were.
10/18/11 8:33 PM
slugshot331

omgjoshjames - 
Oldboy - Also killing the Asylum Demon again nets you a Titanite Slab, which are incredibly rare. So you have the Rust Ring, the awesome Shield, the Titanite Slab and you can trade with Snuggly. Oh and the creepy doll of Pricilla's.

Anyone interested?

if you join the forest covenant a new npc spawns near the cat, merchant named Shiva.  He will move to blighttown where you can buy stuff from him.  if you attack him and kill him you get his sword, the murakumo, it's like a 2h great katana (i'm currently upgrading this to lightning).  Well, he has a ninja with him that you have to kill and he drops the ring that lets you do flips.  I actually didn't go to blighttown to kill him, i cleared the forest area and pulled him to me, killed him, went to the cat and the ninja was there. 
10/18/11 8:40 PM
slugshot331

Edited: 10/18/11 8:40 PM
 I was a little pissed last night, I beat ornstein and smough and I knew the vendor from the depths can sell you armor from certain bosses you've defeated.  well i went to the merchant (who moves from the depths to the bridge leading to undead burg) and I accidentally hit him and now he's dead :(  I wanted ornsteins armor, looks so bad ass :( 
10/18/11 9:43 PM
JesusTapped
812 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Can't survive more than ten seconds with the Capra Demon and I've got 17,000 souls stuck in there!

I reclaim them, I die. And I can't seem to teleport back to my last little camp site fast enough either...I've got one of those things that let's you.

Help! Phone Post
10/18/11 9:55 PM
David Mortensen

if youve got teh ring that breaks on death (one can be found under the bridge that leads to the undead burg) equip it, run in and grab your shit.  when you die you'll respawn at the bonfire with all your souls and humanities and the ring will be gone.
10/18/11 9:55 PM
omgjoshjames

JesusTapped - Can't survive more than ten seconds with the Capra Demon and I've got 17,000 souls stuck in there!

I reclaim them, I die. And I can't seem to teleport back to my last little camp site fast enough either...I've got one of those things that let's you.

Help! Phone Post
Run up the stairs once u get your souls. That's what I did Phone Post
10/18/11 9:56 PM
omgjoshjames

slugshot331 -
omgjoshjames - 

Anyone interested?

if you join the forest covenant a new npc spawns near the cat, merchant named Shiva.  He will move to blighttown where you can buy stuff from him.  if you attack him and kill him you get his sword, the murakumo, it's like a 2h great katana (i'm currently upgrading this to lightning).  Well, he has a ninja with him that you have to kill and he drops the ring that lets you do flips.  I actually didn't go to blighttown to kill him, i cleared the forest area and pulled him to me, killed him, went to the cat and the ninja was there. 
Sweet thanks Phone Post
10/18/11 9:56 PM
omgjoshjames

slugshot331 -
omgjoshjames -  So I just remembered I hadn't killed that asshole Havel the rock and went back to pay him a visit. Completely dominated him lol. Seriously fuck that guy Phone Post

His ring is awesome if you wear heavy armor, you can get his armor later in the game, but it is really heavy
Yeah his ring is awesome Phone Post
10/18/11 10:41 PM
slugshot331

JesusTapped - Can't survive more than ten seconds with the Capra Demon and I've got 17,000 souls stuck in there!

Help! Phone Post
Dogs gotta die ASAP, once it's you and the Capra demon it's straight forward, I think he has a 2 hit swing or a 3 hit swing, and an overhead smash that leaves him open. Use that window to smack him, if you get into any trouble, run up the stairs and heal and jump off and he should follow. Phone Post
10/18/11 11:04 PM
Body Shots
298 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just beat the gay butterfly boss, now where do I go? Phone Post
10/18/11 11:13 PM
slugshot331

Edited: 10/18/11 11:24 PM
Body Shots - Just beat the gay butterfly boss, now where do I go? Phone Post
Go fight Sif or the hydra, they're both in darkroot. Phone Post  

EDIT:  If you beat the hydra, there is a a room all the way in the back, go there and log out and log back in and there will be a gold golem, kill it and it releases a new npc that you can buy spells from
10/18/11 11:17 PM
slugshot331

raoulDuke -  oldboy, no doubt dude...any idea if the dragon head trick still works?? might roll a thief, pump up stength/dex and maybe try some magic out....is it me or are the bows a little weak this time around? couldnt find even a half decent one with my first character...
Black Bow of Pharis drops from Pharis, a forest hunter archer in the place Where you farm souls, then there is my personal favorite, the dragonslayer greatbow bit that's in anor Londo, things is huge and shoots javelins instead of arrows lol Phone Post
10/18/11 11:24 PM
omgjoshjames

slugshot331 -
omgjoshjames - 

Anyone interested?

Fuck! I went to do this and the ninja rolled off the cliff! I'm so bummed Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.