UnderGround Forums

GamerGround >> Dark Souls

9/17/12 11:21 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Rasta4i
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CharlesLewis -
Rasta4i - 
CharlesLewis -  another question: I don't want to read an entire faq just to find out... am I supposed to be going past/trying to kill the red dragon on the bridge at some point?
No you don't have to kill him. You can wait by the stairs and lure him down onto the bridge and just as he moves start sprinting towards him to get to the bonfire underneath him.

Shooting about 35-40 standard arrows at his tail will yield the Drake Sword. Good weapon for The early part of the game. Phone Post

Interesting... can I kill him? Is it do-able?

I got the Drake sword, it was ok for a bit.

Yes you can kill him. When he jumps down just keep swinging at his legs. He has a lot of HP. His attacks are very strong so use strongest weapons, spells, etc.... Phone Post
9/17/12 11:21 PM
Rasta4i

Malvert the Janitor -
Rasta4i -
Malvert the Janitor - Defeated the four kings and expected to be finished. Apparently I'm not.

After doing a little research I guess I've got to get to the tomb of giants (through the catacombs AGAIN?!) but then what???

Help. I was sooo looking forward to running through ng with my stud character. Phone Post
Did you beat all the Lords? There's 4 kings, Gravelord Nito (via tomb of giants), Bed of Chaos (Demon Ruins), Seath (Duke Archives/Crystal Cave) Phone Post
Literally just realized I had all those left. But it's actually kinda nice knowing the game isn't quite over yet. Phone Post
^_^ have fun Phone Post
9/18/12 1:44 AM
TruthAboveAll

I've put so many hours into this game. If you're on Xbox I've probably invaded you. Phone Post
9/18/12 1:46 AM
6mildollarman
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CharlesLewis -  another question: I don't want to read an entire faq just to find out... am I supposed to be going past/trying to kill the red dragon on the bridge at some point?
You can also go underneath the bridge area (kick a ladder down to access a shortcut to the bonfire in undead burg), kill 2 skeleton soldiers, walk along the ledge and emerge through a sewer area. You'll be near the bonfire under the dragon. Phone Post
9/18/12 7:08 AM
CharlesLewis
779 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

6mildollarman - 
You can also go underneath the bridge area (kick a ladder down to access a shortcut to the bonfire in undead burg), kill 2 skeleton soldiers, walk along the ledge and emerge through a sewer area. You'll be near the bonfire under the dragon. Phone Post

yeah but I'm on the other side of a gate that I can't open... the switch is on the side under the dragon.

Thanks for the tips guys. Killed the Hydra on the first try!

9/18/12 10:29 AM
6mildollarman
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CharlesLewis -
6mildollarman - 

yeah but I'm on the other side of a gate that I can't open... the switch is on the side under the dragon.

Thanks for the tips guys. Killed the Hydra on the first try!

For some reason, on my playthroughs, the dragon flies away and the gate ends up opening. I've since been defeating the dragon with the dragonslayer bow and an upgraded uchi on subsequent runs. Phone Post
9/18/12 12:27 PM
RGoodfellow
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The dragon leaves once you run past him, light the bonfire and open the gate. But depending on how you re-approach that bonfire in the future, he sometimes returns.

Since you don't get anything cool for killing him, it's easiest to run past and open the gate. Then come back later in the game and kill him (totally optional though, since he doesn't give you anything cool upon his death).
9/18/12 8:01 PM
CharlesLewis
779 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That's kind of a let down.

Killed the Asylum Demon, killed the Hydra, killed the Spider bitch.

9/23/12 11:52 PM
CharlesLewis

Advice: I'm SL65, playing a Str/END build. Havel's ring and all his armor except the shield. I started with a battle axe, graduated to a Black Knight Sword which I have maxed out. It's doing just fine as of now, I am hewing through bosses like nothing, but I'm overleveled and just got through with Smough and Whatshisname... I keep reading that this sword will not be so hot toward the end of the game... which makes me sad as I have grown quite fond of it. What other weapon might work for me? I still have all my boss souls if needed.
9/24/12 4:28 PM
RGoodfellow
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think for the first playthrough a black knight sword isn't terrible.

I went thru the first playthrough with a fire halbred +10 and it did fine on almost everything (no stat bonus though if you turn it elemental).

The black knight great axe does a lot more damage than the sword and has a decent strength bonus, but you need to have a black knight drop it. Since black knights don't re-spawn (except for at the last stage), you either get one in the middle of the game, or not till the end (and then you might have to farm a bit for it). Not the best pvp weapon, but I went thru NG+ and NG++ kicking ass with it.

The zweihander, great axe, manserpent great sword, demon's great machete, large club all have good strength bonuses and are buffable I think, so take them to + 14/+15 and buff them and they can kick ass.

Most of the weapons made from boss souls kind of suck compared to other weapons that are available.

Also, if you like heavy armor, get some giant armor and upgrade it and it's lighter than havel's armor and has better protection since you can't upgrade havel's.
9/24/12 5:37 PM
CharlesLewis

Edited: 09/24/12 5:39 PM
 Interesting. I don't have the axe, but I think I have the Giant Armor. I will look when I get home. I was eyeing the Zweihander.

So far the black knight sword has been great... I just totally tanked through the 4 Kings without even using much flask. I had intended to Iron Skin it, but they jumped me before I had a chance, and all I had time to do was raise my shield and start hacking away... didn't even go 2 hand like I'd intended. Beat em on the first try. Then again I am SL74 as of this morning...

9/25/12 8:14 AM
cdog1955
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Orenstien and Smough has killed me 20 times in a row.
9/25/12 9:15 AM
cleophus
125 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

O and S can suck my balls. Hate that fight. Phone Post
9/25/12 3:55 PM
Malvert the Janitor
559 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

cdog1955 - Orenstien and Smough has killed me 20 times in a row.
Killed them the first time through. Hate Seath the Scaleless, though. Died three times in a row and quit for now... Phone Post
9/28/12 6:57 AM
CharlesLewis

Edited: 09/28/12 6:59 AM
After making quick work of the 4 kings, and breezing through Seath the Scaleless, then literally hewing down Pinwheel in one combo I guess i got cocky... well the tomb of giants has humbled me. I have gone from striding around with 10 humanity on my counter and 100 grand in souls to walk ing around Hallow and empty handed, fearfully creeping around the dark and getting butt fucked by skeleton beasts with Vitor Belfort flurries.

If it were any other game trading me this way, I would've quit long ago. Dark Souls is like that one crazy bitch everyone tells you to dump but you keep coming back for more.
9/28/12 10:15 AM
6mildollarman

CharlesLewis - After making quick work of the 4 kings, and breezing through Seath the Scaleless, then literally hewing down Pinwheel in one combo I guess i got cocky... well the tomb of giants has humbled me. I have gone from striding around with 10 humanity on my counter and 100 grand in souls to walk ing around Hallow and empty handed, fearfully creeping around the dark and getting butt fucked by skeleton beasts with Vitor Belfort flurries.

If it were any other game trading me this way, I would've quit long ago. Dark Souls is like that one crazy bitch everyone tells you to dump but you keep coming back for more.
The Tomb of Giants was also quite a humbling experience for me too. I had to proceed with caution with every step in the darkness. It actually stressed me out, but I couldn't put the controller down. When I see a pair of glowing white eyes, I'll freak out because I'm gonna have to deal with a giant skeleton while trying not to fall over a cliff. Do you have the Lordvessel? It's necessary that it's in your possession in order to complete the area.

Some tips if you haven't already:

Get the skull lantern. This will make life easier down there. When you find patches, answer "no" when he asks if you're a cleric, and "yes" when he offers to find treasure.

Rhea's story continues down here also. Watch for her hollow bodyguards.

You can get invaded by Paladin Leroy When you're in human form right before the caves.

Area at the bottom is a great place to farm souls and humanity from those annoying midget/baby skeletons.

This is the only area of the game that I never want to revisit. No thanks. Phone Post
9/28/12 3:56 PM
CharlesLewis

Edited: 09/28/12 4:24 PM
6mildollarman - 
CharlesLewis - After making quick work of the 4 kings, and breezing through Seath the Scaleless, then literally hewing down Pinwheel in one combo I guess i got cocky... well the tomb of giants has humbled me. I have gone from striding around with 10 humanity on my counter and 100 grand in souls to walk ing around Hallow and empty handed, fearfully creeping around the dark and getting butt fucked by skeleton beasts with Vitor Belfort flurries.

The Tomb of Giants was also quite a humbling experience for me too. I had to proceed with caution with every step in the darkness. It actually stressed me out, but I couldn't put the controller down. When I see a pair of glowing white eyes, I'll freak out because I'm gonna have to deal with a giant skeleton while trying not to fall over a cliff. Do you have the Lordvessel? It's necessary that it's in your possession in order to complete the area.

Some tips if you haven't already:

Get the skull lantern. This will make life easier down there. When you find patches, answer "no" when he asks if you're a cleric, and "yes" when he offers to find treasure.

Rhea's story continues down here also. Watch for her hollow bodyguards.

You can get invaded by Paladin Leroy When you're in human form right before the caves.

Area at the bottom is a great place to farm souls and humanity from those annoying midget/baby skeletons.

This is the only area of the game that I never want to revisit. No thanks. Phone Post

Yeah, I've got the vessel. I've beat Gravelord Nito and now I just have the Demon Ruins, Lost Izlish and the Kiln left.

Got the lantern, accidentally cut Rhea in half with my Zweihander. She was just too close. Whoops.

The bosses are a cakewalk, as I'm terribly overleveled and equipped. For a tank I've got about the best stuff I think. Giant Armor, Smough's gloves and leggings, Pig mask/Mask of the Child depending on situation, and Lightening Zweihander or Black Knight sword as appropriate. Everything maxxed out that can be upgraded. Havels ring and the ring of favor and protection. I can walk through the bosses, but I'm STILL getting killed by just regular shit. Had a hell of a time with the skeletons.

Now hewing down Capra Demons in two strokes. Feels good man.

9/30/12 12:12 PM
raoulDuke

started this shit again last week. rolling a str/dex thief, juggling several balder sideswords of various strengths and abilities. still very early in the game yet so i havent gotten a ton of gear yet besides armor, which i dont care about anyway.

finally learned how to riposte since i have a quiver of side swords. so epic

havent gotten the dlc yet, but how does it work exactly? i know theres a pvp arena w/ connection issues, but are there any ways to join up with others you know in-game? or is it all still random summoning?
9/30/12 12:14 PM
raoulDuke

oh and lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&v=T3d94pxVRQU&NR=1
9/30/12 6:26 PM
CharlesLewis

That's rich.

Are you on PC Raoul? The DLC hasn't dropped for consoles yet. Next month.

I'm taking a break from the Demon Ruins to get cremated in multiplayer. I have yet to get summoned for co-op, I don't know why. Where are some good places to leave my summon?

9/30/12 11:04 PM
cleophus
125 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CharlesLewis -

That's rich.

Are you on PC Raoul? The DLC hasn't dropped for consoles yet. Next month.

I'm taking a break from the Demon Ruins to get cremated in multiplayer. I have yet to get summoned for co-op, I don't know why. Where are some good places to leave my summon?

You probably aren't getting summoned cause your level is too high. Co-op usually dies off after lv 60ish. You could try the dlc if you're on a PC though. Phone Post
10/1/12 12:07 AM
CharlesLewis

I hadn't thought of that, yeah I'm around level 100 now. Need to start up another character for co op.

10/1/12 12:52 AM
cleophus

Also it seems like co-op slows down after Anor Londo Phone Post
10/1/12 7:08 PM
Rasta4i

I'm 156 and get summoned all the time. Phone Post
10/1/12 7:17 PM
CharlesLewis

where?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.