UnderGround Forums

GamerGround >> Dark Souls

10/9/12 1:08 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
CharlesLewis
783 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://www.gamefaqs.com/xbox360/608635-dark-souls/faqs/63351

that would be a pretty long list. The walkthru above is about as short as you can make it.
10/9/12 7:37 AM
Don_Dada
151 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Has anyone got any guides for beginners etc? Sounds quite complicated to get summoned/play co-op.
10/9/12 2:24 PM
blue_tape_39
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CharlesLewis -

I'm sure someone needs em more than I.

I'm going to be on later, about 4am Eastern time, at soul level 50ish. If anyone wants to run co op post here or PM me.

That's cool. I have plenty if anybody needs some though. 99 slabs, chunks, I have basically 99 of every consumable item on multiple characters. Phone Post
10/9/12 4:17 PM
CharlesLewis
783 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What time are you on?

10/9/12 4:47 PM
Rasta4i
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I got what you need. I also have 99 of everything. From shards to Dragon scales. You can find me on the corner of Anor Londo and Darkroot Garden. Lol Phone Post
10/9/12 5:19 PM
blue_tape_39
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'll be on and off throughout the night. Just post your gamertag and ill hit you up. Or Rasta can get you. Same for anybody else who needs anything. Again people should only take stuff if they have beat the game and are just gearing up for pvp so as not to ruin the challenge. Phone Post
10/9/12 9:08 PM
Rasta4i
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

On 360

GT: l Laie Rasta l Phone Post
10/9/12 9:13 PM
Malvert the Janitor
812 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Still going strong. This thread doesn't die! I'm supposing I should complete my first run through BEFORE troubling over the expansion content. Thought I'd completed the game after killing the four kings only to discover I wasn't there yet. Gotta figure out which of those souls I have left to claim. Was Sith one of those Lordvessel type souls or no? Should I be ashamed for having logged so many hours into a game I've yet to beat? Phone Post
10/9/12 10:09 PM
CharlesLewis

360 gamertag: charlesnlauren

10/9/12 10:56 PM
Delorian
243 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Malvert the Janitor -  Still going strong. This thread doesn't die! I'm supposing I should complete my first run through BEFORE troubling over the expansion content. Thought I'd completed the game after killing the four kings only to discover I wasn't there yet. Gotta figure out which of those souls I have left to claim. Was Sith one of those Lordvessel type souls or no? Should I be ashamed for having logged so many hours into a game I've yet to beat? Phone Post

You've gotta kill Seath the Scaleless, Four Kings, Gravelord Nito, and that fucking cocksucker in Lost Izalith.  

10/11/12 7:28 PM
Don_Dada
151 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Really enjoying the game and the challenge so far guys. I still have no idea what I'm doing in regards to upgrading weapons or summoning.

Btw should i be leveling up as much as possible? Or saving up souls to buy stuff from merchants etc. Give the noob breakdown!!
10/11/12 7:42 PM
CharlesLewis

I swiped this from a thread on 4chan, thought it was cool:

The Crestfallen warrior (firelink) represents those who give up at the first sign of challenge.
The Crestfallen merchant (sen's Fortress), however, represents those who "hit their wall" so to speak. They get halfway through the game only to give up.

Siegmeyer (Onion Knight) represents those who use guides. They are powerful, but pretty much have other people do the work for them. Notice how the people most affected by his death are the people who used the wiki to try and save him.

Lautrec represents those who recklessly kill NPCs.

Kirk represents those who like to invade other players for personal gain.

Mildred on the other hand represents those who invade for the joy of pvp, the kinds of people who will invade someone and kill them, but then offer to be summoned to help with the boss

Big hat Logan represents those extremely experienced and skillful players, whose knowledge and skill at the game lets them excel even with the most silly builds

Finally, Solaire. He represents the players who enjoy helping others. He represents those who spend long times waiting to get summoned just to help a fellow player out.
10/11/12 7:43 PM
CharlesLewis

The witch Beatrice is that player who made a build that focused entirely on magic, stomped shit all the way to the four kings,

then got her shit kicked in because the four kings are douchebags like that (this is true, I am currently stuck there with my pyro)
you find her dead in a corner after you beat the four kings, obviously she didn't make it.

Tarkus is a big bad tank motherfucker, pretty much solos the Iron Golem... then dies from a fall in the painted room or is swarmed by guardians there.

Funny how you find the bodies of each starting class throughout the game, like the Knight dying in Darkroot Basin to the Hydra (poor magic defense), the Wanderer dying in Blighttown (poison everything), the Hunter apparently dying from a fall in Dakroot Basin (bows/1st person perspective makes falling a danger)and the Sorcerer dying in Lower Undead Burg by being trapped in a barrel (yeah idk about this. Maybe because the little thieves are cunts?).

the thief I believe you find in the gaping dragon room, as he has almost nothing to hurt the damn thing (daggers and backstabs don't help with big monsters)
10/11/12 9:01 PM
TruthAboveAll
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Don_Dada - Really enjoying the game and the challenge so far guys. I still have no idea what I'm doing in regards to upgrading weapons or summoning.

Btw should i be leveling up as much as possible? Or saving up souls to buy stuff from merchants etc. Give the noob breakdown!!
Don't level up too much. I find the game much more fun when you stay at a middle level. Phone Post
10/12/12 10:00 AM
Naheb
140 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT Phone Post
10/12/12 10:26 AM
6mildollarman
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CharlesLewis - I swiped this from a thread on 4chan, thought it was cool:

The Crestfallen warrior (firelink) represents those who give up at the first sign of challenge.
The Crestfallen merchant (sen's Fortress), however, represents those who "hit their wall" so to speak. They get halfway through the game only to give up.

Siegmeyer (Onion Knight) represents those who use guides. They are powerful, but pretty much have other people do the work for them. Notice how the people most affected by his death are the people who used the wiki to try and save him.

Lautrec represents those who recklessly kill NPCs.

Kirk represents those who like to invade other players for personal gain.

Mildred on the other hand represents those who invade for the joy of pvp, the kinds of people who will invade someone and kill them, but then offer to be summoned to help with the boss

Big hat Logan represents those extremely experienced and skillful players, whose knowledge and skill at the game lets them excel even with the most silly builds

Finally, Solaire. He represents the players who enjoy helping others. He represents those who spend long times waiting to get summoned just to help a fellow player out.
Great read, thanks! I never really thought about these small details about the corpses and invaders. Makes an awesome game even better. Phone Post
10/12/12 2:38 PM
Don_Dada

Just got my ass kicked like 5 times in a row from the Moonlight Butterfly.

Can someone explain to me how exactly i summon help?
10/12/12 2:41 PM
TruthAboveAll
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Don_Dada - Just got my ass kicked like 5 times in a row from the Moonlight Butterfly.

You have to use a humanity. And then reverse hollow at a bonfire. You will find witch Beatrice underneath the winding stairway to the butterfly. Phone Post
10/12/12 2:50 PM
Don_Dada

TruthAboveAll - 
Don_Dada - Just got my ass kicked like 5 times in a row from the Moonlight Butterfly.

You have to use a humanity. And then reverse hollow at a bonfire. You will find witch Beatrice underneath the winding stairway to the butterfly. Phone Post

Cool didn't know about the witch, thanks. Will give it a try later.
10/12/12 5:42 PM
Don_Dada

Edited: 10/12/12 5:42 PM
lol that was intense, finally killed that motherfucker. Wasn't able to summon the witch because i'm hollow and had no humanity.
10/12/12 7:30 PM
Don_Dada

Ok this is awesome lol was just on my way to a boss and some guy summoned in and helped me out. Was worried he was gonna waste me.
10/12/12 8:02 PM
cleophus
207 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Don_Dada - Ok this is awesome lol was just on my way to a boss and some guy summoned in and helped me out. Was worried he was gonna waste me.

You must have summoned him. Invaders can't attack your enemies
10/12/12 10:21 PM
Don_Dada

cleophus -
Don_Dada - Ok this is awesome lol was just on my way to a boss and some guy summoned in and helped me out. Was worried he was gonna waste me.

Yeah I activated the summon via the light thingy, first time it's happened and he helped me get past Capra Demon. Am I capable of being invaded at any point? Or does there need to be certain conditions. Phone Post
10/12/12 11:51 PM
CharlesLewis

Still not getting invaded in Dark Anor Londo by Darkmoonies since killing Gwyndolyn. I can invade, and get invaded in the forest like mad, but I walk around DAL for an hour and zip. WTF?

10/13/12 12:36 AM
cleophus
207 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Don_Dada - 
cleophus -

Yeah I activated the summon via the light thingy, first time it's happened and he helped me get past Capra Demon. Am I capable of being invaded at any point? Or does there need to be certain conditions. Phone Post

To be invaded you need to be in human form and the area boss must still be alive.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.