UnderGround Forums

GamerGround >> Dark Souls

10/24/12 12:51 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
HallmansHammock
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Eisenberg - I just got the DLC on the PSN, havent played it yet. The download was only 100k though, thats weird?

I think when you start up Dark Souls it will download a new title update, and within this update is the DLC. So that 100kb file unlocks the DLC for you.

What do people usually cap their characters at?
10/24/12 12:55 PM
Eisenberg
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HallmansHammock - 
Eisenberg - I just got the DLC on the PSN, havent played it yet. The download was only 100k though, thats weird?

I think when you start up Dark Souls it will download a new title update, and within this update is the DLC. So that 100kb file unlocks the DLC for you.

What do people usually cap their characters at?

Yeah, I figured as much. It makes sense.
10/24/12 3:41 PM
CharlesLewis
783 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'd be interested to know the final size, I'm short on space.

10/24/12 4:32 PM
TruthAboveAll
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think 400mb for Xbox. You should cap your level at 50 if you want to do pvp in the arena. Or level 100. Phone Post
10/24/12 6:25 PM
cleophus
208 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CharlesLewis - 

I'd be interested to know the final size, I'm short on space.

I take it you didn't get a hard drive yet.

pretty sure most people are leveling to 100 if they are using the arena. The 120/125 cap is still in effect for most people looking for pvp though. Not sure on the consoles but on the pc the Township is a hot spot for duels and pvp.
10/24/12 6:46 PM
CharlesLewis
783 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

no, I haven't gotten around to it yet.

10/24/12 7:02 PM
HallmansHammock

Anyone play on PS3 and have a spare powerful weapon for use in PVP? I'm in the forest covenant and the fights havent really been competitive lol
10/25/12 10:45 PM
Malvert the Janitor
817 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt Phone Post
10/26/12 4:17 PM
CharlesLewis

Getting my ass kicked in PVP with these new spells!

10/26/12 5:12 PM
Rasta4i

CharlesLewis - 

These new spells are ridiculous. They made the crystal magic weaker and made these new ones fucking strong. That pursuers spell is crazy.
10/26/12 5:34 PM
cleophus
208 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CharlesLewis - 

Once you get the timing down the new spells aren't that hard to dodge. That said I still get the instakilled on occasion due to lag.
10/26/12 5:54 PM
pigpen
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Got the dlc other night. Wow. It's so awesome to have more content, more lore, more bosses.

Speaking of the bosses. They are pretty damn epic in this dlc. Really dig the Artorias fight.

Also Ciaran's rags are sweet! Phone Post
10/26/12 7:36 PM
CharlesLewis

cleophus - 
CharlesLewis - 

Once you get the timing down the new spells aren't that hard to dodge. That said I still get the instakilled on occasion due to lag.

no you're right, just unfamiliar. Someone rushed me last night spamming the shotgun fireball one, I dodged it a few times until I got cornered between the shelves in Duke's. Then I ate shit.

lol@ the speaking stones... the first time my buddy and i got invaded and the guy dropped "I'M SORRY" we freaked.

10/26/12 7:57 PM
cleophus

I actually don't like the new spells I think they are overpowered. Hopefully there will be a patch to nerf them soon. I don't really use any sorceries or miracles just the occasional pyro.
10/26/12 8:56 PM
CharlesLewis

considering sorcery had been USELESS in PvP I welcome some spells with teeth.

10/29/12 10:59 PM
Keep if professional

I grabbed a used copy of the game the other day for like 14.95 and then grabbed the DLC. I was pumped to play it until I learned that I erased my game data when I traded in the game about 6 months ago and found out that I have to start over from scratch. Spamming it all into strength and going for heavy armor and two handers this time. Fuck yeah.
10/30/12 2:02 AM
Rasta4i

For those who don't know..The silver pendant found in the Oolacile Township behind a fog wall, allows you to counter any of the dark magic. The dark magic that is overpowered and majority of players are using. Pursuers is still a bitch though.
10/30/12 8:57 AM
cleophus

Rasta4i - For those who don't know..The silver pendant found in the Oolacile Township behind a fog wall, allows you to counter any of the dark magic. The dark magic that is overpowered and majority of players are using. Pursuers is still a bitch though.

It's easier to dodge or roll in pvp than to use the pendant.
10/30/12 9:10 AM
None So Blind
213 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OK, finished the DLC. Guardian boss was easy (didn't die at all), Artorias was tough but doable (died twice), Manus was stupid hard (died 3-4 times I think, and I fucked up by not being able to summon Sif), and Kalameet was a gold-plated BITCH (died 7-8 times) until I figured out how to game his/her patterns.

I still loved it, though - I can't remember another game where I was essentially scared of what might be lurking around any given corner :-P I had almost forgotten how bleak and spooky most of the game was (Royal Wood wasn't spooky at all, but the Oolacile Township and Dungeon were dread-inducing)...

And I cannot for the life of me get one of those sorceress bitches to drop either a catalyst or a head (the only two items I haven't gotten from the DLC, not counting the Manus catalyst since I chose to get the Pursuers spell instead).

And on that note, yeah, the new spells hit like runaway trucks.

Getting sucked back in to the game again - this time I may fuck around and Gravelord people for the fun of it :-) I've heard Gravelording in the DLC is an absolute nightmare (esp. those chained prisoner motherfuckers, they were hard enough to beat normally, but as black phantoms....OUCH).
10/30/12 9:28 AM
6mildollarman
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

None So Blind - OK, finished the DLC. Guardian boss was easy (didn't die at all), Artorias was tough but doable (died twice), Manus was stupid hard (died 3-4 times I think, and I fucked up by not being able to summon Sif), and Kalameet was a gold-plated BITCH (died 7-8 times) until I figured out how to game his/her patterns.

I still loved it, though - I can't remember another game where I was essentially scared of what might be lurking around any given corner :-P I had almost forgotten how bleak and spooky most of the game was (Royal Wood wasn't spooky at all, but the Oolacile Township and Dungeon were dread-inducing)...

And I cannot for the life of me get one of those sorceress bitches to drop either a catalyst or a head (the only two items I haven't gotten from the DLC, not counting the Manus catalyst since I chose to get the Pursuers spell instead).

Getting sucked back in to the game again - this time I may fuck around and Gravelord people for the fun of it :-) I've heard Gravelording in the DLC is an absolute nightmare (esp. those chained prisoner motherfuckers, they were hard enough to beat normally, but as black phantoms....OUCH).
Thanks for the insights, None. When I finally catch a break, I'll play the DLC. Phone Post
10/30/12 9:47 AM
cleophus

There are some YouTube videos of people gravelording the dlc. The only thing that sucks about it is the other players need to be in ng+ to get the dark phantoms Phone Post
10/30/12 12:55 PM
DMC
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

None So Blind - OK, finished the DLC. Guardian boss was easy (didn't die at all), Artorias was tough but doable (died twice), Manus was stupid hard (died 3-4 times I think, and I fucked up by not being able to summon Sif), and Kalameet was a gold-plated BITCH (died 7-8 times) until I figured out how to game his/her patterns.

I played the game through again recently and did the Gravelord thing. I'm sorry to say it sucks :(

First of all you can only curse areas while you're in human form and where you have yet to kill the boss (because technically you're the invadee). That's fine but it means you basically wander around killing mobs over and over (you can rest at bonfires) whilst being completely and utterly oblivious as to what your Gravelording actions are actually causing for some unfortunates.

You will only get the cursed to invade your game if you posiiton yourself in a very obvious place. So it really just becomes an invitation to PvP but as we all know there are other, more efficient ways to do this.

And even if you do decide this is more fun than darkwraith invasions or red sign duels because you have to be human you will probably just get invaded constantly by a teenager who, even the lowest soul levels has fire weapons +10 and fully upgraded armour with 1000+ hours of PvP experience under her belt who will OHKO backstab you, sending yo back to the Depths to farm more eyes of death from the goddamn plague frogs.

It was a fantastic idea but ideally you should only curse one other player at a time and 'invade' their world as a ghost to actually witness the black phantom carnage they have to deal with. That way you would also see if they are getting close to you/your sign to invade and it would be the single greatest feature of this awesome game.

Pity :(
10/30/12 1:00 PM
DMC
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

To clarify a point above - I mean you usually just get invaded and killed by a Darkwraith. They are not cursed and it has nothing to do with Gravelording. It's just that you're human and open to ordinary invasions while doing the Gravelord thing.

And the eyes of death are a pain to farm. When you get killled by an ordinary invader that's another one used up.

But the real reason it's broken is you're oblivious to the rage you're causing. So what's the point?
10/30/12 1:09 PM
None So Blind
213 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Challenge, I suppose - if I hang out at the right areas at the right soul levels, I *know* I will give people a hard time (but a fun one, the new monsters are not dicks like hacking players), and it's up to me whether I'll stay out in the open and invite the invasion or else hide somewhere no one will ever find me :-P And I'd do it as a matter of course while playing - e.g., use an Eye at the beginning of a level, work my way through normally, and if I get someone, I get someone. I've got about 30 eyes saved up, may as well do something with them (they're easy to farm inside the big-ass tree now, the basilisks there drop them much more often)

That said, everything you mentioned would improve the GL system, esp. seeing them fight the mobs :-)

I did see one vid of a guy who GL'ed the Tomb of the Giants - that may be the meanest thing I've ever seen in a game :-P
10/30/12 8:30 PM
Rasta4i

cleophus -
Rasta4i - For those who don't know..The silver pendant found in the Oolacile Township behind a fog wall, allows you to counter any of the dark magic. The dark magic that is overpowered and majority of players are using. Pursuers is still a bitch though.

It's easier to dodge or roll in pvp than to use the pendant.
I do both. Just saying for those who didn't know the use of the pendant.

I prefer rolling especially for pursuers. The pendant doesn't make it disappear just deflects and while using pendant your opponent usually goes for a backstab. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.