UnderGround Forums

GamerGround >> Dark Souls

10/30/12 8:32 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Rasta4i
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's nice to have the pendant for those who spam the fuck out of the new spells. Just stand in place and spam the pendant lol Phone Post
10/31/12 8:23 AM
DMC
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

None So Blind - Challenge, I suppose - if I hang out at the right areas at the right soul levels, I *know* I will give people a hard time (but a fun one, the new monsters are not dicks like hacking players), and it's up to me whether I'll stay out in the open and invite the invasion or else hide somewhere no one will ever find me :-P And I'd do it as a matter of course while playing - e.g., use an Eye at the beginning of a level, work my way through normally, and if I get someone, I get someone. I've got about 30 eyes saved up, may as well do something with them (they're easy to farm inside the big-ass tree now, the basilisks there drop them much more often)

That said, everything you mentioned would improve the GL system, esp. seeing them fight the mobs :-)

I did see one vid of a guy who GL'ed the Tomb of the Giants - that may be the meanest thing I've ever seen in a game :-P

Well if you've got 30 eyes already it's certainly worth giving it a go. I just got bored very quickly.

Yeah the Tomb of Giants is probably the best place for it but so cruel lol. The start of Duke's Archives too is also supposed to be great. Clear the first room and then down your eye.

I always thought Blighttown would be really nasty too but I think most players do that area in reverse which really takes the sting out of it.
10/31/12 9:39 AM
HallmansHammock

Ok so i joined the Darkmoons last night after ditching the Forest Hunters, which was great fun btw. Where are the best places for PVP besides the forest? I keep hearing things about Painted World Of Ariamis, which i have yet to explore(first playthrough).

When i start a new game+ will my Soul Level be the same? Or do you have to go up the levels again?
10/31/12 10:13 AM
cleophus
298 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HallmansHammock - Ok so i joined the Darkmoons last night after ditching the Forest Hunters, which was great fun btw. Where are the best places for PVP besides the forest? I keep hearing things about Painted World Of Ariamis, which i have yet to explore(first playthrough).

When i start a new game+ will my Soul Level be the same? Or do you have to go up the levels again?
Always found action in Anor Londo. Right now the dlc area is a hot spot for pvp.

Ng+ you are the same level as you finished and keep your gear except for key items Phone Post
10/31/12 10:17 AM
HallmansHammock

cleophus - 
HallmansHammock - Ok so i joined the Darkmoons last night after ditching the Forest Hunters, which was great fun btw. Where are the best places for PVP besides the forest? I keep hearing things about Painted World Of Ariamis, which i have yet to explore(first playthrough).

Always found action in Anor Londo. Right now the dlc area is a hot spot for pvp.

Ng+ you are the same level as you finished and keep your gear except for key items Phone Post

Cool thanks. Guess i'm gonna have to get the DLC then. I want they little things you throw down that say things like "Hello", "Thank you" and "Very good".
10/31/12 3:12 PM
CharlesLewis
784 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

standing by the mailbox, waiting for my hard drive to come in the mail so I can buy the dlc. Fuckin AMAZON, I should have bought one in town!

10/31/12 4:09 PM
Rasta4i

CharlesLewis -

standing by the mailbox, waiting for my hard drive to come in the mail so I can buy the dlc. Fuckin AMAZON, I should have bought one in town!

How much was it off Amazon? What size is it and for what model Xbox?

Lol sorry for the questions bored as fuck at work haha Phone Post
10/31/12 4:30 PM
CharlesLewis
784 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I got a smaller one for 25, I'm not sure about the details. 20gig maybe?

10/31/12 4:36 PM
Rasta4i

Cool. Well enjoy the DLC, the bosses can be a bitch. Phone Post
10/31/12 4:41 PM
CharlesLewis

I'm jazzed... me and my friend have been running a co-op from the beginning, we have just about wrapped up everything before the Duke's... we can't wait.

10/31/12 8:06 PM
raoulDuke

LIGHTNING ZWEIHANDER +5 FUCKING STRAIGHT UP SLAYING SUCKAS
10/31/12 9:03 PM
Rasta4i

raoulDuke - LIGHTNING ZWEIHANDER +5 FUCKING STRAIGHT UP SLAYING SUCKAS
Easiest to parry IMO Phone Post
11/1/12 1:01 PM
raoulDuke

^would love to meet you online, i respect the parry. everyone just want to roll for backstabs.

in the process of jacking up my balder side sword...have a bunch of extra ones if anyone has been trying to find them. got lucky this playthrough. got the boar fang helm + at least 8 or 9 side swords so far. have just been dropping them to random phantoms who help me out
11/1/12 1:09 PM
HallmansHammock

Was playing last night and bumped into some Japanese guy, he was really cool. Dropped me LOADS of weapons and armor etc. The only thing i'm gonna use is the shield though, I like getting my own stuff. Just gonna feed all of it to Frampt for souls.
11/1/12 1:23 PM
Rasta4i

raoulDuke - ^would love to meet you online, i respect the parry. everyone just want to roll for backstabs.

in the process of jacking up my balder side sword...have a bunch of extra ones if anyone has been trying to find them. got lucky this playthrough. got the boar fang helm + at least 8 or 9 side swords so far. have just been dropping them to random phantoms who help me out
I only backstab when my opponent constantly goes for it, so I counter BS. Other than that Strictly parry. But of all the weapons Zweihander and Scythe are easiest for me to parry. Phone Post
11/1/12 1:28 PM
raoulDuke

whats the hardest in your experience? just wondering. i like parrying as well, its so satisfying lol.

hallmanshammock - give that shit to me!!! im like SL 61 or some shit if anyone wants to hook up
11/1/12 1:38 PM
HallmansHammock

raoulDuke - whats the hardest in your experience? just wondering. i like parrying as well, its so satisfying lol.

hallmanshammock - give that shit to me!!! im like SL 61 or some shit if anyone wants to hook up

Do you play on PS3? I'll give you it all! And theres alot...

What's the best shield for parrying? I'm using the Sunlight Shield and it seems to be a bit slow.
11/1/12 6:42 PM
Rasta4i

raoulDuke - whats the hardest in your experience? just wondering. i like parrying as well, its so satisfying lol.

Before the DLC was the fuckin butterfly horn because everybody would back step and swing making it hard to get in close to parry.

Now with the DLC the Tracers are faster than the katanas (or it seems to me) and the blood loss is crazy. Phone Post
11/1/12 6:43 PM
Rasta4i

HallmansHammock -
raoulDuke - whats the hardest in your experience? just wondering. i like parrying as well, its so satisfying lol.

Do you play on PS3? I'll give you it all! And theres alot...

What's the best shield for parrying? I'm using the Sunlight Shield and it seems to be a bit slow.
Buckler Shield I heard is good for parrying. But I just use Heater or Green Crest. Phone Post
11/2/12 10:08 AM
DMC
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I love to parry in PvE but parrying in PvP is completely different due to the lag etc.

In PvP you've basically got to take the first hit of a combo and as it lands immediately hit the parry button. This will almost ensure you parry the second hit/swing of their combo. However if your opponent knows you're looking for the parry (e.g. a buckler shield and dagger/rapier makes it pretty obvious) he'll anticipate your parry on the second hit/swing and instead of attacking with aq combo he'll hit you once and then roll behind you and backstab you as you're parrying.

PvP among the big boys is basically a big game of paper, rock, scissors.

The only other way to parry is to literally guess when your opponent is about to swing but that's basically a game of luck.

I guess if two players both have a really good connection and there's no lag between you it'spossible you can parry normally (i.e. react fast enough to the attack animation on screen) but that's very rare.
11/2/12 10:24 AM
Rasta4i

DMC - I love to parry in PvE but parrying in PvP is completely different due to the lag etc.

In PvP you've basically got to take the first hit of a combo and as it lands immediately hit the parry button. This will almost ensure you parry the second hit/swing of their combo. However if your opponent knows you're looking for the parry (e.g. a buckler shield and dagger/rapier makes it pretty obvious) he'll anticipate your parry on the second hit/swing and instead of attacking with aq combo he'll hit you once and then roll behind you and backstab you as you're parrying.

PvP among the big boys is basically a big game of paper, rock, scissors.

The only other way to parry is to literally guess when your opponent is about to swing but that's basically a game of luck.

I guess if two players both have a really good connection and there's no lag between you it'spossible you can parry normally (i.e. react fast enough to the attack animation on screen) but that's very rare.
That take hit then parry works well with katanas. But once you get it down for pvp it's really easy. Just got take your time and watch what the other player does like if they have a cycle with their attacks. And most of all Anticipation. Phone Post
11/2/12 7:24 PM
CharlesLewis

I asked this on /vg/ but no one is answering, so I will try here: With 50 STR and 32 Faith, and possessing both a +15 MSGS and the Grant, is there any point to making a divine weapon? Occult? Are they really good ONLY for characters with NO other stat but Faith to scale on?

About to level Faith up to 40 or 50, will there be any benefit to a Divine weapon or will that MSGS always out damage it?

I dont want to waste all the time and energy leveling a weapon only to find it lacking.

11/2/12 8:04 PM
cleophus
298 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CharlesLewis - 

I asked this on /vg/ but no one is answering, so I will try here: With 50 STR and 32 Faith, and possessing both a +15 MSGS and the Grant, is there any point to making a divine weapon? Occult? Are they really good ONLY for characters with NO other stat but Faith to scale on?

About to level Faith up to 40 or 50, will there be any benefit to a Divine weapon or will that MSGS always out damage it?

I dont want to waste all the time and energy leveling a weapon only to find it lacking.

I think most of the time a +15 will do more damage. Also the Grant is already a divine weapon so no need to make one.

Pretty sure most serious players will tell you that you should only level faith to whatever you need to use a certain item. I think for faith you either go to 30 or 50 and you only go to 50 if you are going to use Sunlight Spear.

I'm not an expert so you might want to try asking on gamefaqs. Of all the versions the ps3 board is the busiest and people ask questions there for all the versions.
11/2/12 8:47 PM
CharlesLewis

I thought Faith would increase my generate force/lightening spear damage? Also Grant scales on it? I was at least heading to 40 for that.

11/2/12 9:03 PM
cleophus

Pretty sure that the talisman you use has more affect on the power of your spells.

Yup the Grant has A scaling on faith. Also it looks like if you do go to 40 faith it will make the attack stronger but you only need 30 to wield it.

http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/Grant

Did you go to 50 strength just to one hand the Grant? If so I think that was a waste of levels, but I prefer to two hand weapons and use those extra levels for something.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.