UnderGround Forums

GamerGround >> Dark Souls

10/7/11 12:33 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
minotauro11
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm about to fight the Taurus Demon. I'm a seasoned Demons Souls vet so I'm hoping I can get through him without dying like I did with the Asylum Demon. Phone Post
10/7/11 1:13 PM
TSMontana
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

minotauro11 - I'm about to fight the Taurus Demon. I'm a seasoned Demons Souls vet so I'm hoping I can get through him without dying like I did with the Asylum Demon. Phone Post

Fights very similar to the Aslyum Demon, except you have less lateral movement.
10/7/11 4:14 PM
omgjoshjames
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If you kill the first merchant in the game, in the undead burg, he drops the uchigatana. Badass! Phone Post
10/7/11 9:33 PM
JesusTapped
878 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Beat the Taurus demon by hanging out near the broken section of the wall (fight takes place on a bridge) and rolling out of the way when he attacked....fucker fell off the bridge without me ever landing a blow.

Did I miss out on a cool item drop since his corpse plummeted? Phone Post
10/7/11 11:09 PM
I am a 10 wuts dis
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JesusTapped - Did I miss out on a cool item drop since his corpse plummeted?

He drops a Demons Greataxe but it's random loot.
IIRC, you can buy it later in the game for 10k
10/8/11 3:01 AM
ChronicleJ
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Can someone please explain the "Humanity" system? What are the benefits to changing yourself from hallowed to human?

Also, what is the best use of the souls you collect? Should you use them to level up or buy armor, weapons, etc.?
10/8/11 9:01 AM
omgjoshjames
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Humanity dictates item discovery value. The more humanity you have, the higher this value will be and the more items you'll find when killing enemies. Also it will increase your resistance to the curse status and will increase your attack power when using chaos weapons and some types of sorcery Phone Post
10/8/11 9:03 AM
omgjoshjames

I am a 10 wuts dis -
JesusTapped - Did I miss out on a cool item drop since his corpse plummeted?

He drops a Demons Greataxe but it's random loot.
IIRC, you can buy it later in the game for 10k
Correct sir Phone Post
10/8/11 9:04 AM
lushdogg
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Phew, had a few long sessions. I think I'm a little over halfway done or a bit more.

If you guys have any questions I might be able to help.

Pyromancer with shield and church gargoyle axe.

10/8/11 9:31 AM
omgjoshjames

lushdogg - Phew, had a few long sessions. I think I'm a little over halfway done or a bit more.

If you guys have any questions I might be able to help.

Pyromancer with shield and church gargoyle axe.

Pyromancer is where its at bro! Phone Post
10/8/11 9:51 AM
lushdogg
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah I just upgraded my Pyromancing glove to +3.

Haven't go the Fire Orb spell yet. I picked up the sorcery soul arrow and magic weapon spells.
10/8/11 11:19 AM
Str4nger D4nger
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Can anyone elaborate on the depth of combat for say a sorcerer? I always go Mage classes my first playthrough on RPGs and the whole cast 30 soul arrows then be SOL till the next fire pit is getting a bit redundant. Are casters just lacking the depth that melee classes get? Phone Post
10/8/11 1:27 PM
LittleKang
109 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Four hours in and my guy is level seventeen and I haven't even rang the first bell yet fuck is this hard lol Phone Post
10/8/11 3:57 PM
BigSifu
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I bought Demons Souls to see what all the fuss was about with these games,and WOW. I've never been so hooked! Gonna grind away for a couple of weeks then ask my wife for Dark Souls for X-Mas. I get a week off work at the holidays...

10/8/11 4:22 PM
BaldTony
249 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bought a 360 & Dark Souls today. Not started yet, but can't wait. I love this kind of shit.

Will let you know how it plays having never played the first one.

Are some of the classes literally impossible for a beginner?
10/8/11 4:47 PM
turducken
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i gave in and bought it too. im a sucker for this kind of cool medieval fantasy art style even though i hate super long games and seriously doubt i will ever finish it. from the videos ive seen, the combat looks really clunky and lame, but everyone seems to say how great it is, so i guess i will hold off on judging until i actually play it.
10/8/11 7:28 PM
Delorian
269 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

turducken - i gave in and bought it too. im a sucker for this kind of cool medieval fantasy art style even though i hate super long games and seriously doubt i will ever finish it. from the videos ive seen, the combat looks really clunky and lame, but everyone seems to say how great it is, so i guess i will hold off on judging until i actually play it.

The combat is awesome and awesome.  Requires the use of tactics instead of mindless button mashing. Prepare to die. 
10/9/11 3:01 AM
East Clintwood
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Delorian -
turducken - i gave in and bought it too. im a sucker for this kind of cool medieval fantasy art style even though i hate super long games and seriously doubt i will ever finish it. from the videos ive seen, the combat looks really clunky and lame, but everyone seems to say how great it is, so i guess i will hold off on judging until i actually play it.

The combat is awesome and awesome.  Requires the use of tactics instead of mindless button mashing. Prepare to die. 
It will seem clunky at first but put in a solid couple of hours and you'll see how deep and strategic it is. Even my wife, who isn't a gamer, was impressed with the combat watching me tangle with knights in the undead berg, going back and forth blocking, striking and parrying. Just throw out all your previous notions of button smashing and you'll love it. I have literally died 50 times but not once has it felt cheap, I've felt stupid for idiot mistakes, but the game is solid and I never played Demon Souls. Phone Post
10/9/11 3:54 AM
Body Shots
477 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Played some tonight and got alittle farther.. I leveled up some and am now stuck at some big warthog wearing armor..wtf..

I liked the big dragon on the bridge though badass.. And I skipped the tall knight that you see before the Taurus Demon.. Stupid knight kept killing me!! Phone Post
10/9/11 10:18 AM
JesusTapped
878 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Body Shots - Played some tonight and got alittle farther.. I leveled up some and am now stuck at some big warthog wearing armor..wtf..

I liked the big dragon on the bridge though badass.. And I skipped the tall knight that you see before the Taurus Demon.. Stupid knight kept killing me!! Phone Post
That knight keeps killing me too. There's a guy downstairs from the Taurus demons bridge who kills me too. Warthog too. Oh and there's another knight down the stairs where the fiery log rolls down at you who keeps killing me too.

Gonna buy some arrows and shoot at the dragons tail. Will the Drake Sword help me kill any of those bosses? Phone Post
10/9/11 11:48 AM
Body Shots
477 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What is the Drake sword and how do you get it? Phone Post
10/9/11 12:03 PM
Body Shots

Ok I just killed the armored warthog haha I just let it keep turning back around and then I'd shoot it in it's ass with arrows Phone Post
10/9/11 12:07 PM
Delorian
269 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Body Shots -  What is the Drake sword and how do you get it? Phone Post

Shoot the dragon's tail until it falls off. It'll take in-between 15-30 arrows depending on your dexterity, but after doing so, the Drake Sword will be given to you.  It's a good starter weapon, and will allow for you to take on those black knight fucks, but after a while as you progress, it'll become more or less useless. 
10/9/11 12:57 PM
omgjoshjames

Body Shots - What is the Drake sword and how do you get it? Phone Post
Drake sword has 200 attack value and boosts fire and magic defense by 15 points. Keep in mind it requires 16 strength Phone Post
10/9/11 1:35 PM
Body Shots

Thanks for the answers guys.. When I get back home I'm shooting the tail off that fucker and gonna try and kill the tall knight that has been raping me.. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.