UnderGround Forums

GamerGround >> Dark Souls

11/16/12 12:10 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
cleophus
298 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sorry I meant when I invade and they just try to hide and not fight I'll just leave. It's no fun if they don't even try. Phone Post
11/16/12 12:19 PM
None So Blind
245 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Goddammit, you fuckers are making me want to go play again :-P

Invading in the depths by the basilisks is just fucking *cruel,* too - I like it :-P

I've never tried darkmooning much, though - I can't remember, how do the levels work there? Still +/- 10 levels plus 10% of the target's level (like the standard red eye stone invasion), or is it a wider net since you're going after people based on their sin ledger entry?
11/16/12 12:27 PM
cleophus
298 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Darkmoons don't have the 10 + 10% rule. Pretty sure they can invade anyone who has sinned. I think the system will try to match you with similar levels if a player is available. Phone Post
11/16/12 12:30 PM
Don_Dada
165 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

cleophus -  Do you guys ever feel bad when you invade noobs?

I hate it when they don't even try to fight back and black crystal out. Phone Post

Yip, hate it.

BUT... I also LOVE fighting off 3 gankers and running away and using the crystal when i get low on vitality. Rage messages ensue.
11/16/12 7:27 PM
CharlesLewis
784 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

For me there exists no greater joy than being invaded by/invading some HavelDad/GiantMom powergamer and, after a little skirmish, herding them to a cliff and sending them to their deaths with a kick. I always say "boot" out loud when I do it... my gf thinks I'm crazy. Then I just chuckle as they sink into the distance like the villain from Die Hard...

11/18/12 12:05 PM
raoulDuke
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^lol

only time i ever did that i was invading the forest and the dude already had a phantom summoned. i started gesturing like 100 yds away and drop some random shit, then back up and put all my stuff away. they come over and we're all fucking around gesturing, practicing BS barefisted on each other. they dropped me some sick shit that was useful for me at that point in the game, cloranthy ring, speckle stoneplate ring etc.

another invader comes, and we all run over to greet him by alvina. im standing nearby and spamming the shrug gesture to the other invader, who is running around by me waiting for me to get his back. the host and other guy gank him and we all LOL.

couple mins later we are fucking around by the cliff and the host starts chaining me till im on the brink of the cliff about to fall...twice i managed to roll away by the skin of my teeth. we're gesturing again and he calms down after i drop him a couple sunlight medals..then he's standing there, probably going thru his inventory cause he hasnt moved in a good 10 seconds. my only chance has shown itself. (playing as a true thief)

i put on my caestus gloves (fire +6/enchanted +4), then sprint up and BS him...the gloves on have added a couple extra feet to my barefist animation (i think) and he goes fucking sailing off the cliff. the phantom with him runs up to me and starts trying to whack me, but its too late.....TARGET DESTROYED
11/18/12 12:15 PM
raoulDuke

Edited: 11/18/12 12:16 PM
also...did you guys know solaires armor is the best in the game when maxed? personally ill probably always run kirks thorns (breaking guards while rolling FTW), but im trying to max out solaires set too, as it is pretty epic...84.7 defense/9 wt
11/18/12 12:55 PM
Rasta4i

raoulDuke - also...did you guys know solaires armor is the best in the game when maxed? personally ill probably always run kirks thorns (breaking guards while rolling FTW), but im trying to max out solaires set too, as it is pretty epic...84.7 defense/9 wt
Thx didn't know that. What upgrades the armor? Titanite Chunks? Phone Post
11/18/12 12:58 PM
Harlow's Rhesus
58 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So i played the shit out of Dark Souls, really love it, but my xbox save corrupted and i just left it alone. Now i has a nasty gaming pc... should i use it instead? How is the PC version compared the console? I've already heard i'll have to get a wired xbox controller cause keyboard and mouse is terrible, but what about graphics and fps?

11/18/12 3:44 PM
raoulDuke

solaires set takes titanite shards, large shards, chunks, then a slab to get it to +10 (im at +9 unless i run into another mule lol)

http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/Armor+Comparison+and+Best+Armor
11/18/12 9:15 PM
Rasta4i

raoulDuke - solaires set takes titanite shards, large shards, chunks, then a slab to get it to +10 (im at +9 unless i run into another mule lol)

http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/Armor+Comparison+and+Best+Armor
Add me and I'll give you what you need. Phone Post
11/19/12 1:22 AM
CharlesLewis
784 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've never heard anyone say that about Solare's set... I'm partial to Elite Knight early, then Lautrec's or the Anor Londo Firekeeper's Brass. Purely for style tho.

11/19/12 5:13 AM
Rasta4i

For me I just run around with Havels Gauntlets nothing else. Phone Post
11/19/12 5:26 AM
cleophus

Harlow's Rhesus - 

So i played the shit out of Dark Souls, really love it, but my xbox save corrupted and i just left it alone. Now i has a nasty gaming pc... should i use it instead? How is the PC version compared the console? I've already heard i'll have to get a wired xbox controller cause keyboard and mouse is terrible, but what about graphics and fps?

It really depends on what you want. There are mods for graphics and fps. Look into DSfix a must have for the pc and I would definitely get a controller to play with. The online is kinda shitty cause of GFWL. I have problems getting invaded and co-oping but usually don't have problems invading. Once you get into someone elses world it's easy to get back especially if you friend them.

Basically if you want better graphics, steady fps and mods go pc. If you want co-op stay on console.
11/20/12 12:35 AM
Keep if professional

I killed Gwyndolin a few days ago. Literally non-stop invading now. I'm almost getting tired of raping them to death with a two-hand stance on my maxed out black knight battle axe. Sometimes I mix it up with my Greatsword of Artorias. I almost regret doing it, but evil characters are much more interesting.
11/21/12 9:02 AM
raoulDuke

^hell yeah

having a lotta fun right now just chilling in the burg and getting invaded literally every minute or two. have never destroyed people one after another like i do there..lol noob central! netted like 300k + 20 humanity in less than an hour the other night.

i upgraded the gold tracer to +5, might be the best move ive made so far (rolling vit/dex/int)....getting guys for 1000+ dmg with r1 combos lmfao...

rasta whats your tag on psn?
11/21/12 9:28 AM
Rasta4i

raoulDuke - ^hell yeah

having a lotta fun right now just chilling in the burg and getting invaded literally every minute or two. have never destroyed people one after another like i do there..lol noob central! netted like 300k + 20 humanity in less than an hour the other night.

i upgraded the gold tracer to +5, might be the best move ive made so far (rolling vit/dex/int)....getting guys for 1000+ dmg with r1 combos lmfao...

rasta whats your tag on psn?
Sorry dude I'm on Xbox Phone Post
11/21/12 12:42 PM
raoulDuke

Edited: 11/21/12 12:43 PM
all good man - just joined a DS forum to hook up with some "vendors" lol

>and fwiw, your post on here was so right regarding zwei really telescoping its attacks. you inspired me to start a new build that is already at lvl 99. baller swag sword + gold tracer are so much more fun + conducive to my playstyle. also bumped int up to 32 so can use CMW + pursuers. SO much more fun...i destroy rolling tanks in seconds and have epic duels with other dex guys.. only pvp problems are lag stab pro's and guys who spam magic.
but im definitely winning most of my matches now. feels good man
11/21/12 9:43 PM
Keep if professional

I just did my first invasion through a gravelord sign. The gravelord leaves his sign and if you find it you can invade his world. I was having fun brawling with the guy when another phantom invaded and attacked both of us. He was a different color than my phantom though. I think he was blue and I was red. What's the deal with the different colors? Different sides so to speak?
11/22/12 11:23 AM
DMC
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If you're cursed by a Gravelord and you find his sign and invade his game you should appear as a 'blue spirit of vengeance'.

Another 'blue' might show up in the Gravelord's world at the same time as you because the Gravelord curse works on 3 worlds at a time. You can't fight with another 'blue' and you both have the same objective i.e. to kill the host.

However the Gravelord himself has to be in human form to do the whole curse thing and this also leaves him open to ordinary invasions from Darkwraiths or 'red' spirits. They can show up too when you're hunting the Gravelord. They can and will kill you too lol
11/22/12 3:06 PM
raoulDuke

at least a couple hundred hours logged into this game and ive still never seen a gravelord sign!

also lol at how dead the arena is - what a shame. undead burg is 1000x more hopping
11/23/12 10:23 PM
Delorian
302 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Any OG'ers with a Leo ring willing to trade something for it? I got a SL 51 character in need, but have many high level urns on other characters I can part with. Slabs and max upgraded weapons are available! Phone Post
11/26/12 4:14 AM
cleophus

I must have played 30 hrs this weekend. Hadn't played for a couple of weeks cause of work, when I first got on couldn't find any pvp for two hours. I thought that the pc was dead but finally found some action. Good Times.

Anyone else on the pc here?
11/26/12 3:53 PM
CharlesLewis

I cannot stop playing this game. All ten slots full, I've logged almost 1000 hours. I play it every day.

Possibly the most addictive game I have ever played.

11/26/12 8:29 PM
East Clintwood
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CharlesLewis -

I cannot stop playing this game. All ten slots full, I've logged almost 1000 hours. I play it every day.

Possibly the most addictive game I have ever played.

Same here. I bought the game originally to placate me until Skyrim came out. I'm still playing it. Just finished the DLC today but I'm going back in to try and take down the dragon. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.