UnderGround Forums

GamerGround >> Dark Souls

11/26/12 10:19 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
TruthAboveAll
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CharlesLewis -

I cannot stop playing this game. All ten slots full, I've logged almost 1000 hours. I play it every day.

Possibly the most addictive game I have ever played.

It's deserving of long hours. I hope to god the studio makes another game. There's not many games that stands up to dark souls imo. Phone Post
11/26/12 10:24 PM
Harlow's Rhesus
58 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bought a new copy for 12.99 this weekend for xbox, sadly no retroactive fixes for the save corruption that hit me and a jillion other players so i'm starting on square one. Great game and been damn near a year since i played, so not really worried about it!

11/27/12 6:37 AM
DMC
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Delorian -  Any OG'ers with a Leo ring willing to trade something for it? I got a SL 51 character in need, but have many high level urns on other characters I can part with. Slabs and max upgraded weapons are available! Phone Post

It's a pretty useful ring that's currently en vogue. You'd probably find someone willing to trade pretty easily on one of the dedicated wiki forums though.

Or just play through to O&S on NG+?

At sl51 with max upgraded gear you should breeze through the game (apart from maybe the actual O&S boss fight which you can just summon help for.)
11/27/12 3:25 PM
Don_Dada
165 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Is 40 the max i should put my dex at? Is there really no point in going above that?
11/27/12 3:46 PM
None So Blind
245 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^^ Pretty much, I do remember a heated debate when the game came out that having 60 or 70+ dexterity made your weapon swing speed a smidgen faster, but I think consensus now is that it doesn't....

And CharlesLewis - stick in a thumb drive, or connect to Live and use the Cloud saves, bam, ten more slots to fill :-)
11/27/12 11:04 PM
cleophus
298 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Don_Dada - Is 40 the max i should put my dex at? Is there really no point in going above that?
The max for dex is 45. It'll speed up casting speeds, especially for pyros. There are videos on YouTube that will show you the difference. That said I don't go above 40 cause it doesn't make that much of a difference to me. Phone Post
11/30/12 5:03 PM
Rasta4i
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Starting from scratch.......again lol

Great game Phone Post
12/8/12 8:16 AM
cleophus
298 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dark Souls II official

http://kotaku.com/5966786/here-is-dark-souls-iis-debut-trailer
12/8/12 3:50 PM
TruthAboveAll
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

cleophus - Dark Souls II official

Will buy. Phone Post
12/8/12 4:50 PM
Don_Dada
165 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

cleophus - Dark Souls II official

Awesome!!!! Phone Post
12/9/12 7:01 PM
CharlesLewis
784 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm a bit troubled by some of the things I'm hearing:

Hidetaka Miyazaki is only a "supervisor"

The game "will be more straightforward and more understandable,"

I smell a watered down cash in. I have gone from willing to line up at midnight to waiting to see what happens. Why the FUCK would you change it to go for the casuals?

12/9/12 7:44 PM
None So Blind
245 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

With luck, "more straightforward and understandable" means it will have a story more coherent than something shat out of a retarded monkey's ass...
12/11/12 8:00 AM
DMC
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^ lol

Yeah the story is definitely of secondary consideration with these games. But I actually kinda like that. It made the worlds and characters somewhat mysterious and enigmatic which just added to the feeling of desperation and complemented the difficulty. Or something.

I really think they will make the next one significantly easier. This franchise has the potential to be a huge earner now and no amount of complaining from the hardcore element who endured Demon Souls blind back in 2009 is going to make any difference.

Hope I'm wrong.
12/11/12 11:20 AM
None So Blind

Agreed - fuck all those pussies screaming for a pause button...but I think they're going to get one in the next game :-(

I suspect the developers will try to have their cake and eat it too - maybe something along the lines of having a power-up you can use for temporary invincibility in the PvE part of the game, so you can whip tough monsters and bosses much more easily, but you get a 100 point achievement or gold trophy or some shit for beating the game and never using that...
12/12/12 7:16 AM
DMC

Hopefully, if they do include an 'easy mode', the players who play the game on the normal difficulty level are clearly demarcated and rewarded for doing so with respect to online play etc.

Getting ganked by three turds who can't even play the game would be so annoying lol
12/12/12 9:29 AM
cleophus

One thing we have to remember about From is that when Sony told them to make their next game easier they basically told them to fuck off and created the game they wanted. And that's why we have Dark Souls instead of Demon Souls II.
12/26/12 3:55 AM
MacGowan
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sub Phone Post
12/26/12 4:01 AM
6mildollarman
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Finally got around to playing the DLC. Wow those stone guardians hit hard. And I literally had my longest battle in trying to cut off Black Dragon Kalameet's tail for the obsidian sword. I haven't tried the arena yet, but I was hoping the DLC content had more areas. Phone Post
12/26/12 9:03 AM
raoulDuke

lol...invading the kiln the other night, got ganked 2x by some noob and a couple sunbros. i was trying to fight with the 4pronged prow, which fucking sucks...

go back to using murakamo, get invaded a few more times and aboiut a half hour goes by. i invade and enter the noobs world again, this time he tries to take me on first, the two sunbros are behind him but he clearly wants to get a few swipes in on his own, and clearly thinks he could take me on by himself.

he gestures and gives me time to buff with CMW, then tries to run up and backstab me while my buff animation is still in progress. he tiems it wrong, and as soon as he gets into range i two hand the murakamo and destroy him in 3-4 shots.

invade 5 mins later, and get him by himself panicking and trying to summon. hit him with a CSS then a running R1. dead.

few minutes later i invade him again, and he has the 2 sunbros with him once again. i buff murakamo and they run up to surround me. (god bless the range on that sword) kill the first sunbro in few shots, then the host and other sunbro run up behind me. turn + stunlock them AT THE SAME TIME, get about 4 or so shots in, killing them both.

sent a message to the host afterward...

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL N00B TRASH GETS TAKEN OUT 3X
12/26/12 3:55 PM
CharlesLewis
784 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That's the good stuff, RD.

12/26/12 10:12 PM
HELWIG

Im just not ready for the emotional investment after beating Demon's Souls.

12/26/12 11:22 PM
TruthAboveAll

HELWIG -

Im just not ready for the emotional investment after beating Demon's Souls.

Yes you are, don't be a baby. Phone Post
12/27/12 1:20 PM
raoulDuke

yo chaz you wanna help a nigga out lol

rage quit, lost my toon

yes, this is at least the 5th time its happened :-/
12/27/12 1:34 PM
raoulDuke

helwig its a lot easier than demons souls dude

especially when you've played them in the right order. demons souls was clunkier too, multiplying the difficulty IMO.

theres something "brighter" and "sunnier" in dark souls - its a much more lighthearted game.

and as much as i miss some of the weapons from demons souls...i really think the range of "useable" weapons this time around makes the combat much more fun. you can have 10 matches back to back and most players will be using totally different armor/weapon builds
12/27/12 1:46 PM
HELWIG

I got through the bulk of Demon's using a maxed out winged spear.

But I have been playing games my entire life and found the menu and weapon upgrade system VERY elitist and alienating. If I was unsure at times the pros/cons of which route to go with an item, I have to think a ton of less hardcore gamers were put the fuck off.

I might have to eventually get Dark because I wanna use the PS3 more than I have been. But Demon's took a while to beat since I was by myself and didnt want to summon help.

I really fucked up that Armor Spider, LOL. Got in it's face from the start.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.