UnderGround Forums

GamerGround >> Dark Souls

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

12/27/12 2:56 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
raoulDuke
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/27/12 2:57 PM
lol...bro if i remember correctly arent you staunchly against using the wikis and stuff too?
as much as i respect the purity of your style....you should start brushing up on the dark souls wiki before you even get the game. the upgrade shit is deep but much easier to understand manage in dark souls as well...
at the risk of sounding like a total faggot - DkSouls has the most rewarding swordplay in any game, ever. something mystical about the pvp in this game.
also - if youre online, it will be borderline impossible to pass through certain levels without summoning help at first. theres an enchanted forest that may be one of the most heartless places in all of virtual reality
12/27/12 3:45 PM
HELWIG

Thanks for the tips^

Im not against using the built in summoning feature if youre hopelessly stuck. Same for looking at the wiki.

I just cant stand 14 year old modern gaming faggots who piggyback on the work and exploring of others and read all the spoilers before even attempting things themselves and then use the shortcuts/best gear and act like they trounced the game.

Thats NOT gaming. Might as well just youtube the cinema scenes and save the 60 bucks.

I actually have an idiot friend who spoils smackdown by reading the results on tuesday. And then watches it on thursdays when it airs.

And he does this because he knows it's recorded tuesdays and wants to know what happens to he can talk about it with people. Even though none of them can watch it til thursdays.

Its the cancer of "instant gratification" that my generation who was raised by single moms and the internet is infected with.

The time it takes to microwave a burrito(instead of a legit nutritious breakfast to start the day(gee wonder why Im tired and feel like shit?)) is crippling to us and gives us anxiety.

BTW, FUCK the casual gamer.

Oh I wanna horse around with the wii controller for 15 minutes before I get bored and wanna start a movie that I'll lose interest and not finish.

Catering to people like that is feeding into the problem for a quick buck.

12/27/12 4:03 PM
Malvert the Janitor
1569 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^ stands, teary-eyed, to initiate stoic slow clap Phone Post
12/27/12 9:54 PM
TruthAboveAll
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I played through dark souls the first time without any help from wikis or summoning. I think I died about 30 times to the gargoyles and must've been hundreds to O and S. Phone Post
12/28/12 3:46 PM
CharlesLewis
801 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"theres an enchanted forest that may be one of the most heartless places in all of virtual reality"

Too true.

Helwig, you NEED to play this game.

12/28/12 5:54 PM
HELWIG

I'll prob get to it next.

Just finally got to Gears 3(disappointing story and gameplay) and now onto Hitman Absolution and MW3.

Im way behind.

Dark demands respect to play it seriously and by itself without any distractions.

12/28/12 6:37 PM
CharlesLewis
801 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've topped 1000 hours... that's a record for me with ANY game.

12/28/12 10:08 PM
None So Blind
309 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CharlesLewis - 

I've topped 1000 hours... that's a record for me with ANY game.

Hell, that would be a record for me for any SYSTEM :-P
12/30/12 7:34 PM
pigpen
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I counted my hours the other week and it was around 400+

Then I rememebered I had deleted a bunch of characters that had hours and hours on them.

Most played game ever for me.

I recently got a ps3 and with it I got infamous 1 and 2, uncharted 2 and 3, mod nation racing a bunch of psn games and I STILL play dark souls the most.

Praise the Sun, bitches!
12/30/12 7:42 PM
pigpen
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

my wallpaper:

http://i45.tinypic.com/2w4mn3t.jpg

blue, please.

Who can identify the area?
12/31/12 4:54 AM
cdog1955
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Next to the Doors of Artorias.
12/31/12 1:08 PM
pigpen

cdog1955 - Next to the Doors of Artorias.

good job :P
12/31/12 2:51 PM
tubuku01
79 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ttt for firing this up and getting my ass handed to until the rust is gone Phone Post
1/2/13 9:14 AM
DMC
76 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TruthAboveAll -  I played through dark souls the first time without any help from wikis or summoning. I think I died about 30 times to the gargoyles and must've been hundreds to O and S. Phone Post

I love hearing this.

That's how these games are meant to be the first time around.

Respect.
1/2/13 1:27 PM
David Mortensen
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Recently started playing again.

I've made a few new chars and have really breezed thru the content. I got to the kiln within 8 hours on my latest play through and that includes probably 4 hours of pvp.

The story stuff is so easy but I fucking suck at pvp. I don't understand how people get BS so easy. I can hardly land them on CPU enemies. Half the time they're lag BS too. Those are aggravating Phone Post
1/3/13 8:15 AM
DMC
76 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

A suggestion made to me which I did is to do some PvP practice with a friend, both of you unarmed and fishing for BSs, to at least get the hang of the BS basics and how to avoid (most of the time) getting BSed.

I did this and it really helped with getting a feel for the timing and how you're really playing slightly ahead of what's appearing on your screen due to the lag.

Even if you just practice the counter backstab that will really help.

And wear the chest piece of Kirk's armour...
1/3/13 9:31 PM
raoulDuke

my 1st playthrough was without any wiki help. demons souls too.

but by the time i had gotten to NG, i realized i had made a character that was borderline unusable for pvp....which for me is really the point of the game.

the combat/pvp is much deeper this time around, stuff like poise being thrown in the mix...it really makes the pvp unwinnable unless you know what exact approach you plan to take.

i ran through the whole game the first time without even using the wolf ring, not understanding the poise concept/mechanic.... was afraid to break the ring of favor, etc....in every subsequent playthrough those have been the only rings ive ever worn.

besides the fact that most of the weapons worth using need a very specific chain of events to occur in order to find them...lol, the developers really are fucking cruel. gotta love em
1/3/13 9:37 PM
raoulDuke

and on that note...i dont think ive come across someone in pvp yet who doesnt get stunlocked to death by the murakamo.

the nerf was bogus, i destroy people with that thing

nothing more fun than dead-angling BS fishers + fabric fags
1/4/13 2:59 AM
David Mortensen
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I am absolute garbage at PvP. I was invading outside the arena and maybe won 1 or 2 out of 20. Fuckimg embarrassing. What's weird is that when I do the arena I go on 5-6 win streaks, but invading I get ass raped. Invading seems laggier but maybe I'm just making shit up in my head Phone Post
1/4/13 11:11 PM
raoulDuke

upgrade the gold tracer to +5 and just sprint at everybody you come across. spam R1, the bleed builds up through shields and is retardedly lethal. youll get parried but most people bleed out way before they get the timing right.

1/19/13 9:28 PM
raoulDuke

lost my main character due to a rage quit.....lol like the 10th time this is happened. immediately fired up new toon, couple hours in, i invade in the forest as a lvl 10 or 12, gank a dude with late game gear....BOOM, 900k souls.

long story short, im glad i lost my other save now - this playthrough is turning out to be glorious.....got the baller swag sword drop, a murakamo drop from a graveyard skellie, and a silver knight spear, which ive never gotten before.

having massive amounts of LOLs invading the catacombs. oh my fucking god...i actually woke my girlfriend up cause i was laughing so hard... i invaded the same japanese player 5 or 6x back to back, and dispersed of him in probably every conceivable way...swarmed by skellies, rolled into traps, kicked off cliffs, stunlocked etc. i kept getting messages like "???????????"

im with you dmc...lol this is without a doubt the greatest game ever made.
1/19/13 9:30 PM
raoulDuke

^instead of ?'s imagine paragraphs of japanese symbols/characters. lol kid/guy was heated
1/19/13 9:45 PM
Ice Cold Igors Right Hand

Just got back into the game and building my character to hopefully take out Smough and Ornstein.

Got the furysword and working on the lightning spear (for Smough) and using silver knight armor (which I'm working on reinforcing) with the eagle shield. Also using the wooded grain ring and Havels ring.

Any pointers would be appreciated lol those two are tough. Phone Post
1/20/13 5:37 AM
cdog1955
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Keep them both in sight, don't lode sight of one because that's when they get you. Use the pillars, let them be your main shield, watch how they move to you and circle the pillars depending on your position behind them.
1/20/13 2:40 PM
raoulDuke

be prepared to fight them at least 20x before you get their "tells" down pat.

you could always just summon a couple phantoms, ive beat them in a 2 on 1 but its extremely tedious.

make sure you kill smough first, that way youll get ornsteins armor/leo ring.

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.