UnderGround Forums

GamerGround >> Dark Souls

1/20/13 6:55 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
CharlesLewis
783 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I finally got around to using the Leo ring, with proper timing and a good thrusting weapon, that thing rocks.

1/20/13 7:45 PM
Invisible Lats Syndrome
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DMC - 
TruthAboveAll -  I played through dark souls the first time without any help from wikis or summoning. I think I died about 30 times to the gargoyles and must've been hundreds to O and S. Phone Post

I love hearing this.

That's how these games are meant to be the first time around.

Respect.

I use the wikis to get a bit of direction for which boss to fight and where the bonfires are. Without a guide, a lot of that is just blind trial and error. That still leaves a lot of scope to explore, finding shortcuts and optional bosses, etc.

Maybe that's not the 'correct' way to play, but I think the mechanic where players leave messages is intended to serve that purpose a little. The fact that each attempt on a boss requires five minutes of walking and killing the same enemies again and again and it can easily take 30+ attempts to beat a boss means there's a lot unavoidable repetition. If I can avoid some trial and error poking around a new location with a wiki then I'm doing it.
1/20/13 7:52 PM
Malvert the Janitor
846 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This thread won't die! And it's about Dark Souls.

...this doesn't make sense! Phone Post
1/21/13 12:17 PM
David Mortensen
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

raoulDuke - lost my main character due to a rage quit.....lol like the 10th time this is happened. immediately fired up new toon, couple hours in, i invade in the forest as a lvl 10 or 12, gank a dude with late game gear....BOOM, 900k souls.

long story short, im glad i lost my other save now - this playthrough is turning out to be glorious.....got the baller swag sword drop, a murakamo drop from a graveyard skellie, and a silver knight spear, which ive never gotten before.

having massive amounts of LOLs invading the catacombs. oh my fucking god...i actually woke my girlfriend up cause i was laughing so hard... i invaded the same japanese player 5 or 6x back to back, and dispersed of him in probably every conceivable way...swarmed by skellies, rolled into traps, kicked off cliffs, stunlocked etc. i kept getting messages like "???????????"

im with you dmc...lol this is without a doubt the greatest game ever made.
You using cracked orbs to invade at that lvl? Or are you rushing to the forest cov? Phone Post
1/21/13 12:34 PM
Don_Dada
158 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gonna start to play this again. Thinking of making a character called Gogo after that chick from Kill Bill.
1/23/13 6:48 PM
Ice Cold Igors Right Hand

Alright fellas, beat Smough and Ornstein (what a fight!) and was wondering what my next move should be; thanks in advance. Phone Post
1/23/13 7:17 PM
None So Blind
221 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Have you done the Catacombs and Tomb of the Giant yet?
1/23/13 7:47 PM

No sir, that's right below firelink shrine correct?

Also I went to fight lautrec to get the ring of divine protection and he wasn't in his cell, any idea why?

Thanks in advance broski I TRULY appreciate it. Game is so boss. Phone Post
1/23/13 10:14 PM
cleophus
232 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ice Cold Igors Right Hand - No sir, that's right below firelink shrine correct?

Also I went to fight lautrec to get the ring of divine protection and he wasn't in his cell, any idea why?

Thanks in advance broski I TRULY appreciate it. Game is so boss. Phone Post
If you don't free him before you fight the gargoyles he frees himself. Go to firelink and check on the firekeeper. Phone Post
1/23/13 10:33 PM

Went to firelink and apparently the keeper is gone and I can't use the bonfire; currently traversing the catacombs. Phone Post
1/24/13 1:49 AM
cleophus
232 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ice Cold Igors Right Hand -  Went to firelink and apparently the keeper is gone and I can't use the bonfire; currently traversing the catacombs. Phone Post

Go to where the firekeeper is and get her items and then head back to Anor Londo to the room before O and S and use the black eye orb.
1/24/13 10:33 AM
None So Blind
221 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^^^ Be ready for a BRAWL, though - you will invade Lautrec's world to fight him, but he has two butt buddies to help him, so it's 3 on 1. And one of them is a spell-user who will try to light you up with crystal soul spears.

And you can't bring any allies of your own, IIRC.

One option is to run past those fuckers and just whale on Lautrec - if you kill him, the invasion is considered a "win," you don't *have* to kill the other two. Although I will say they start much closer to you, so you can conceivably kill them before Lautrec even closes the distance to you...
1/24/13 5:35 PM
raoulDuke

once you invade lautrec's world the fight is much easier if you lure him + his buddies to the stairs....that way they cant 3 on 1 you.

been doing some really heartless shit lately....invading anor londo, then streaking through (nude) + luring n00b gankers to the blacksmith...getting them to aggro him. did this several times last night....so unbelievably cruel, but i cant remember the last time i laughed so hard at a video game.

something priceless about the host character's movements/body language after they realize what theyve done. lol

1/24/13 5:50 PM

Went to the Catacombs and kicked Pinwheel's ass, then went back to Anor Londo and put the beatdown on Lautrec and his two buddies.

Guessing my next move is back tote catacombs to the Tomb of Giants?

Have a stupid question too: I know the skull lantern is supposed to make it easier to see in the dark, it automatically works without me having to equip or use it, correct?

Any tips for the TOG when I get there would be appreciated. Thanks again for all the help thus far fellas Ida been lost otherwise. Phone Post
1/24/13 5:56 PM
Don_Dada
158 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ice Cold Igors Right Hand -  Went to the Catacombs and kicked Pinwheel's ass, then went back to Anor Londo and put the beatdown on Lautrec and his two buddies.

Guessing my next move is back tote catacombs to the Tomb of Giants?

Have a stupid question too: I know the skull lantern is supposed to make it easier to see in the dark, it automatically works without me having to equip or use it, correct?

Any tips for the TOG when I get there would be appreciated. Thanks again for all the help thus far fellas Ida been lost otherwise. Phone Post

I hate TOG lol You have to have the lantern equipped on your left or right hand for it to glow i'm sure. Make sure you use the Bonfire before speaking to the NPC you find down there. It can be found to the left as you face him and down a small set of ladders.
1/24/13 5:56 PM

Lol sry fellas, nvmbout the skull lantern I found it in my inventory; equipped like a shield :) Phone Post
1/24/13 5:59 PM

Thanks Don and lol yeah I've heard this place can be a pain in the ass and having to use the lantern instead of my shield will take a lil adjustment.

Glad I got that ring from Lautrec, plus I upgraded to 20 estrus flasks and upgrading my armor, do I'm going in prepared for the worst! Phone Post
1/24/13 11:51 PM
raoulDuke

make sure you are in human form for ToG....you get invaded by paladin leeroy and get his armor/hammer
1/25/13 5:09 AM
pigpen
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

might want a divine weapon when you get to the boss in TOG
1/25/13 6:36 AM
cdog1955
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Use the Sunlight Maggot for the TOG.

When i fight Nito, I carry 2 weapons, a divine katana, just for the skeletons, then i use either BKH or Fury sword for Nito.I also keep the fight in the front of the cave, if you move towards the back there are some big ass skeletons back there that will fuck you up.

I also use the Crest shield for that fight.
1/25/13 3:11 PM

Alright, did a lil backtracking and took out Gwyndolin and Priscilla. Guess my next move is to the Demon Ruins and Lost Izalith to get this Sunlight Maggot.

Now, to get there I warp to the Daughter of Chaos and go to where I fought Quelaag to get there, correct? Phone Post
1/25/13 3:11 PM

Oh and as always thanks for the help fellas ! Phone Post
1/25/13 10:31 PM
raoulDuke

^did you beat the depths in human form? and kill murderous kirk? he also invades in demon ruins + lost izalith...you need to kill him all 3x to get his armor...which rules and is probably the raddest in the game.

dave - i started with master key and skipped taurus demon, sprinted to the bonfire above the blacksmith, joined forest bros around level 10 or 15. then joined darkwraiths like level 40ish
1/26/13 12:26 AM

Damn nah man I didn't know bout that, guess there's no way I can go back and do it is there? I've seen that armor before it does look boss, I'll have to get it on my next play thru. Either going for the sunlight maggot next, or try to join the darkwraiths so I can get the dark armor.

Awesome SN by the way broski "We were somewhere near Barstow, at the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold," lol. Phone Post
1/26/13 1:15 AM

Went to the firelink altar and placed the Lordvessel. Had the covenant of artoras ring equipped, but didn't get the option to enter the abyss to join the darkwraiths, is there something else I need to do first?

Looked online and couldn't find any answers.. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.