UnderGround Forums

GamerGround >> Dark Souls

1/30/13 10:50 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
raoulDuke
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

shit im realizing:

armor of thorns' roll/contact dmg negates *most* lagstabs....(t)rolling with it on will break a lot of peoples guard too, depending on their poise.

very useful for facing the ninja flip fags

also greatsword > any weapon in the game seriously. 2h r2 is devastating at range...loving it
1/30/13 10:52 AM
raoulDuke

Edited: 01/30/13 10:53 AM
also: the gauntlets of thorns increase dmg with any fist weapon..claws, caestus etc
2/1/13 10:53 AM
jman
588 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/01/13 10:54 AM
So I have a character in the "New Game +" at the very begining where the game starts (again).

I haven't bought the Artorias of the Abyss DLC for PS3 yet.

Should I buy the DLC and use the "New Game +" or just start a new character?

Is the new DLC worth it (seems like good reviews) because I have to play the entire game all over again just to get to the new DLC right?
2/1/13 12:01 PM
cleophus
364 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You should get the dlc. Definitely worth it. Phone Post
2/1/13 2:19 PM
Delorian
339 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

raoulDuke - why would you wanna take stay at such a low level? unless youre one of those terrible pvp'ers thats only capable of killing noobs in starting gear

not that anyone is a more mean spirited faggot than i am..lol. have baited at least 10 people into aggroing the anor londo blacksmith, and at least 5 or 6 with the pyromancer in the depths.

i'll only go outta my way to ruin your playthrough if you fall into 1 (or more) of 3 categories:

1) gankers

2) WoG spammers

3) japanese players
I like the challenge of semi low level runs, and I never invade, only act as a jolly summon to help no0bs. Phone Post
2/1/13 11:48 PM
jman
588 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ok so I just bought the DLC for Dark Souls. It was only 100Kb download???

So basically when I get to the new section of the game, it will just download via the internet?

It doesn't list anything besides in "My Downloads" that I bought and installed Artorias of the Abyss.

Should I start over or use my brand new New Plus character?
2/2/13 12:04 AM
Don_Dada
217 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The update a couple months back included the AOTA DLC, so the 100kb file has unlocked the content for you.

I'd go with your New Game Plus character so you can get properly Gravelorded! Phone Post
2/2/13 12:40 AM
jman

Edited: 02/02/13 12:42 AM
What is Gravelorded?

And what things should I do and NOT DO this time around?

I just had the big bird drop me off at Firelink Shrine. Man I forgot how fucking awesome this game is!!!
2/5/13 4:51 AM
Ice Cold Igors Right Hand

Been kicking serious ass lately! Only have the DLC left; bout to fight Kalameet, then Manus, then I'll probably just go fight Lord Gwyn and get my new game going.

Fighting Artorias was awesome. Phone Post
2/5/13 10:06 AM
jman

OK finally got to the new DLC (after playing a NG+ for 3 days to get there).

I need to take a break and thoroughly enjoy the new stuff so I'll probably wait a few days before diving into this new stuff.
2/5/13 2:00 PM

Enjoy Jman; DLC is a lot of fun! Artorias is one of my favorite boss fights. Phone Post
2/5/13 6:58 PM
Don_Dada
217 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I also bought the AOTA DLC, was waiting on it going on sale. I'm using a newish character so i'm not in New game +. Is the Arena much fun?
2/6/13 10:27 AM
jman

So how much time does it take to run through the DLC?
2/6/13 11:37 AM
raoulDuke

the arena is fun if you have the patience to wait around for a game to materialize. i dont...and it sucks cause when it first came out everyone was playing it, the team matches were a blast.

oolacile township is non-stop action for pvp these days. although the best/most reliable place for duels is, was, and always will b in the undead burg by the bonfire.

starting with the master key is crucial cause it allows you to speedrun from the burg all the way past havel, through darkroot basin, and to the undead parish bonfire. doing this keeps the taurus demon alive indefinitely and allows you to be invaded in the burg constantly for the rest of the game.

2/6/13 3:25 PM
Don_Dada

Loving the DLC. Manus of the Abyss is kicking my ass right now.
2/6/13 4:18 PM
CharlesLewis
784 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

After my "bows only" challenge run I thought nothing short of a level 1 run would be challenging. Then I got the idea to fight my way from the beginning to the whip in Blighttown using starter gear and then whips only from there. That shit is HARD. But fun.

2/6/13 4:27 PM
raoulDuke

lol whips are fun as fuck to troll people with. invaded a dude (japanese player lol) in the catacombs the other night. had the guardian tail in my offhand, would parry + poison him, then toss a talisman at him so he couldnt heal. lol. did this a couple times then ended up flipping the bridge on him. never gets old

so far have gotten people to aggro : the anor londo blacksmith, laurentius of the great swamp, logan, and vamos. lol. invaded in the royal wood and saw a vagrant. fucking sick, first time ive ever seen one spawn.
2/7/13 3:56 AM
jman

Holy fuck it took me 10 times (half the time with a summoner for help) to get past the first god damn boss in teh DLC...that's the first fucking step in the DLC.

WOW!!!
2/7/13 7:00 AM
Don_Dada

CharlesLewis -

After my "bows only" challenge run I thought nothing short of a level 1 run would be challenging. Then I got the idea to fight my way from the beginning to the whip in Blighttown using starter gear and then whips only from there. That shit is HARD. But fun.

Fuck that lol Phone Post
2/7/13 11:45 AM
raoulDuke

jman all i can say is take your time + explore royal wood. its one of the coolest places in the game
2/7/13 11:56 PM
CharlesLewis
784 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

raoulDuke - lol whips are fun as fuck to troll people with. invaded a dude (japanese player lol) in the catacombs the other night. had the guardian tail in my offhand, would parry + poison him, then toss a talisman at him so he couldnt heal. lol. did this a couple times then ended up flipping the bridge on him. never gets old

so far have gotten people to aggro : the anor londo blacksmith, laurentius of the great swamp, logan, and vamos. lol. invaded in the royal wood and saw a vagrant. fucking sick, first time ive ever seen one spawn.

I've been killed by Vagrants twice. The missile ones will F you up if you don't see em coming.

About to swap the fire plus 5 whip for Divine plus nine and see which works better. Whips are so underpowered in this game, they should have about twice the range they have.

2/8/13 7:52 AM
raoulDuke

^agree, also think its ridiculous that they cant BS at all. makes no sense. and the range thing is retarded, they should have at least as much as a spear, if not slightly more.

why not turn it into chaos+4? or fire +10?

thats why i love the guardian tail, serious poison ability + its buffable on top of that
2/10/13 2:56 PM
Don_Dada

Playing some PVP in the burg just now using the Red SS. Getting spawned in within 20 seconds of laying it down. Tons of action it's awesome! Any tips for avoiding the dark magic? i still struggle with that stuff.
2/10/13 3:04 PM

Alright fellas, need a lil advice on beating the Lord of Cinder, he's a tricky bastard!

As always I really appreciate any and all advice! Thanks guys. Phone Post
2/10/13 4:52 PM
cdog1955
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Easiest way to beat Lord of cinder is to be behind the rock columns and stab him through them, when i do this i use a fire halberd.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.