Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Ice Cold Igors Right Hand
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Can't attack through the columns..:( Phone Post
2/10/13 6:30 PM

You did give me an idea though of using the columns as cover to block him while I heal; just tried it for my first time and had him at less than 1/3 health, so I think I got him now!

Thanks buddy, I'll give you a VU next time I'm at my computer! Phone Post
2/10/13 7:00 PM
Don_Dada
197 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Try tears
2/10/13 8:02 PM

Just beat the game, thanks to everyone for all the great advice throughout my first play through!

Gonna start new game plus now. Phone Post
2/10/13 9:34 PM
jman
585 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/10/13 9:34 PM
I'm doing NG+ now and working on the DLC for the first time. I thought NG+ would be boring, but it is cool because the things are 3 times stronger, but you have all of your gear from the first game so it makes things pretty even.

QUESTION (DLC Spoiler):

In the made it to the Oolacile Township and everytime I try to Reverse Hollow and Kindle the flame, I Reverse Hollow but then it kicks me out, and I get invaded everytime? Can you not kindle the flame in Oolacile Township?
2/10/13 9:40 PM
Bob Loblaw1
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

jman - I'm doing NG+ now and working on the DLC for the first time. I thought NG+ would be boring, but it is cool because the things are 3 times stronger, but you have all of your gear from the first game so it makes things pretty even.

QUESTION (DLC Spoiler):

In the made it to the Oolacile Township and everytime I try to Reverse Hollow and Kindle the flame, I Reverse Hollow but then it kicks me out, and I get invaded everytime? Can you not kindle the flame in Oolacile Township?
It kicks you out because someone is invading, it will boot you from the fire 20-30 secs before it actually says you are being invaded. Phone Post
2/10/13 10:22 PM
jman
585 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ok finally got it to work. For whatever reason I couldn't warp there and kindle. I also couldn't go there and then hollow AND kindle. I had run there from somewhere else in human (and not get invaded) and then got there with a +1 Humanity sat at the fire and it let me kindle.

I've never seen such a hot spot for being invaded like the Oolacile Township, is that because the Deathmatch and Duels are right there?

I've been trying to play them but all I see are red circles and I wait for minutes on the trapdoors but nothing happens.
2/10/13 10:35 PM
jman

Holy shit I didn't know it could kick you from the bonfire when you were resting if you get invaded...WOW!
2/10/13 10:54 PM
TruthAboveAll
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

jman - Holy shit I didn't know it could kick you from the bonfire when you were resting if you get invaded...WOW!
Yeah man! You're never safe Phone Post
2/11/13 9:48 AM
Don_Dada
197 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

jman - Holy shit I didn't know it could kick you from the bonfire when you were resting if you get invaded...WOW!

lol yeah soon as i see i cant access a bonfire i get ready for war.
2/11/13 10:39 PM
None So Blind
249 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^^^ LOL - that white field goes up...and IT'S ON!!!!!

Funny, I've never had an ally while getting invaded, so I've never done a 2 on 1 or 3 on 1. And I don't know where the spawn points are for 90% of the levels, but for the ones I do, I have had a blast spawn-killing gankers :-P
2/11/13 11:02 PM
invalid
246 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've had a few that were completely worthless when getting invaded lol

it's like they panic worse than you do... and it's YOUR world lol
2/12/13 11:50 AM
DMC
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

None So Blind - ^^^ LOL - that white field goes up...and IT'S ON!!!!!

Funny, I've never had an ally while getting invaded, so I've never done a 2 on 1 or 3 on 1. And I don't know where the spawn points are for 90% of the levels, but for the ones I do, I have had a blast spawn-killing gankers :-P

It's weird that you've never been invaded with an ally because I believe once you summon you jump to the front of the queue of 'target worlds' for invaders.

I can't be 100% sure about that but I have read it somewhere and it certainly seems to work that way for me.

I'm on NG+++ now with a glass cannon mage so really need to summon at times. Within 20 seconds of summoning...
2/12/13 12:02 PM
None So Blind
249 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DMC - 

It's weird that you've never been invaded with an ally because I believe once you summon you jump to the front of the queue of 'target worlds' for invaders.

I can't be 100% sure about that but I have read it somewhere and it certainly seems to work that way for me.

I'm on NG+++ now with a glass cannon mage so really need to summon at times. Within 20 seconds of summoning...

Well, I've gotten allies maybe only 8-10 times in ~100 hours of playing, so maybe that's it :-P

If I could pull off having a buddy (IRL) with me, that would be awesome, but the gyrations you have to go through to do that are a pain; as a result, I typically just don't bother with summoning...

Gotta admit, I varied between cheering and feeling dirty when I loaded up my backtabbing monster (with the ring and such to increase BS damage, plus the ring that increases damage at low health,) and sat right behind the spawn point in the Undead Burg when in NG+. No kidding, for a while I'd get someone every 3-4 minutes - spawn in, backstab for ~2200 damage, guy dies instantly, sends hate mail, rinse and repeat :-P
2/13/13 2:01 AM

Hey guys had a question about joining the Darkwraith covenant: is it true you can join BEFORE obtaining the Lordvessel by simply killing Ingward (red cloaked guy in New Londo Ruins) and then fighting the Four Kings?

Thanks again! Phone Post
2/13/13 9:09 AM
DMC
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No you get the key to the seal but still can't get in to fight the 4 kings until you place The Lord Vessel. You can't fight any of the four main bosses before placing the LV as a yellow fog blocks off their area.

It's supposed to ensure dark wraiths are players of at least a certain std but tbh being able to summon 2 phantoms really means even terrible players can do it fairl easily. Phone Post
2/13/13 9:11 AM
DMC

You also need to kill Sif before the 4 Kings btw. Phone Post
2/13/13 9:20 AM
DMC

None So Blind -
DMC - 

Well, I've gotten allies maybe only 8-10 times in ~100 hours of playing, so maybe that's it :-P

If I could pull off having a buddy (IRL) with me, that would be awesome, but the gyrations you have to go through to do that are a pain; as a result, I typically just don't bother with summoning...

Gotta admit, I varied between cheering and feeling dirty when I loaded up my backtabbing monster (with the ring and such to increase BS damage, plus the ring that increases damage at low health,) and sat right behind the spawn point in the Undead Burg when in NG+. No kidding, for a while I'd get someone every 3-4 minutes - spawn in, backstab for ~2200 damage, guy dies instantly, sends hate mail, rinse and repeat :-P
Yeah I know what you mean. I did a full playthrough of DeS recently with an actual friend and it was awesome. We got invaded only 4 or 5 times in total and hardly died much at all knowing the game so well mow but it was still great fun.

I think it's easier now in DkS than it once was due to fewer players online (compared to say a year ago). Helps if you put the summon signs in an unusual place. I've done it with online 'friends' I've made through the actual game lol Phone Post
2/13/13 2:34 PM
TruthAboveAll
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DMC - No you get the key to the seal but still can't get in to fight the 4 kings until you place The Lord Vessel. You can't fight any of the four main bosses before placing the LV as a yellow fog blocks off their area.

It's supposed to ensure dark wraiths are players of at least a certain std but tbh being able to summon 2 phantoms really means even terrible players can do it fairl easily. Phone Post
This is incorrect. You don't need lordvessel to fight 4 kings. Just kill sif and ingward and you're good to go. Phone Post
2/13/13 2:43 PM
invalid
246 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So how long is the DLC taking you jman?

I sold my copy a while ago, but I'm kind of getting the itch to play again. Since it's only $20 new I might just grab in on my way home this week
2/13/13 6:36 PM
Don_Dada

I'm in need of a Titanite Slab to upgrade my Lighting Great Club to +5. Been trying to farm it from Darkwraiths in Kiln with no luck. Any help?
2/13/13 7:23 PM
raoulDuke

farming the BKs in the kiln? or the darkwraiths in new londo? have gotten a slab in new londo before, much better chances for a drop there.

every cool drop ive gotten has happened while i wasnt wearing the serpent ring. fuck that thing, its like the game knows you have it on so they reduce your chances even further.

igors hand - you can technically join as soon as you kill sif and get the ring, and you can techinically kill sif as soon as you get to fire link if you take the master key, run to havel's door in undead burg, and run through dark root basin to his door

afterwards, you can run through new londo, kill the sealer, get his key, drain the water, then go fight the four kings.

if you cannot join on this playthrough but still wanna invade, id suggest becoming a moonbro. 99% of players are "guilty", so im sure youd get just as much action as a darkwraith. my first playthrough i had to join the dark moons, got constant pvp action everywhere.
2/13/13 7:25 PM
raoulDuke

and not to be a dick, but if you do get a slab to drop...please dont waste it on an elemental. they were nerfed forever ago.
2/13/13 7:54 PM
Don_Dada

raoulDuke - and not to be a dick, but if you do get a slab to drop...please dont waste it on an elemental. they were nerfed forever ago.

I've maxed out my Butcher Knife to +15. I like to switch it up now and then to the Great Club so just thought the lighting could be fun.

Btw you would think they would sort the Arena out a bit, takes way to long to find a match even 1v1. There are plenty of red circles but just takes forever to get joined up.
2/13/13 8:36 PM

Thanks guys, yeah all u gotta do is kill Sif (check), kill Ingward (check), and fight the four kings (working on it); they are giving me trouble this time around! For some reason I just can't seem to get away from their attacks, probably going to farm some titanite slabs for my gear and a couple demon titanite to get my furysword to plus 5. Wish me luck! Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.