UnderGround Forums

GamerGround >> Dark Souls

2/17/13 10:26 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Don_Dada
156 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That sucks your save got corrupt! I just started NewGame+ with my faith + strength build. I wanna join the Gravelord Covenant so i can torture other players with Black Phantoms. Question though, if i use the Eye of Death to infect other players, will it only infect players within a certain level of me? I'm level 100.
2/17/13 2:37 PM
Don_Dada
156 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ok i'm in the Burg spreading misery, So much action. Literally got people queuing up at the top of the stairs to fight me one at a time lol 3 blue phantoms in at once but they seem to play fair most of the time 1v1.
2/17/13 4:22 PM
cleophus
211 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Don_Dada - That sucks your save got corrupt! I just started NewGame+ with my faith + strength build. I wanna join the Gravelord Covenant so i can torture other players with Black Phantoms. Question though, if i use the Eye of Death to infect other players, will it only infect players within a certain level of me? I'm level 100.

never heard of a level cap for Gravelords but I do know that black phantoms will only affect people ng+ and higher
2/17/13 6:51 PM
DMC
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've read conflicting reports about that. Some claim to have seen them in their 1st playthrough. I never have.

I think being in the grave lord covenant must also count as a sin cos I get invaded all the time now by blue phantoms and I've definitely not sinned yet in any other way on this playthrough. Phone Post
2/17/13 6:53 PM
DMC
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I mean invaded even when not using the eyes if death btw. Just walking around unhollowed. Phone Post
2/17/13 9:47 PM
cleophus
211 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm not positive but I've heard that some sins may carry over to other characters if you're using the same account.
2/18/13 1:16 AM
6mildollarman
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

cdog1955 - Started a new game, going to run it no shield, I'm going to die TONS.

However i have killed Havel, the gargoyles, hydra, and 1 Black night so far.
Did this my last playthrough. Started as a thief, and eventually did a ninja build to turn my character into Rikimaru from Tenchu:

Slender build male with short white hair, Far East modified face

Weapons - dual wield uchi/iato/washing pole in main and some kind of dagger in off. Sometimes will switch to claws. Backstab and parry like a mofo!

Shield - none of course

Armor - thief mask/hollow thief mask, shadow armor, wanderers hand and foot wrappings

Rings - Equipped dragoncrest ring to silence footsteps, ring of fog to turn "invisible" and of course switch to dark wood grain ring every now and then.

Ranged - Black Bow of Pharis (feather/poison/fire arrows) for sniping, and short crossbow to emulate hand crossbow

Accessory weapons - poison throwing knives and firebombs

Spells - Hush, hidden body, hidden weapon, chameleon, mimic item

Died a shit load of times at first, but eventually learned to play with patience and strategy for pretty much all the enemies and most bosses (haven't done 4 Kings with this build and I don't look forward to it lol). This game really keeps on giving. Phone Post
2/18/13 1:27 AM
CharlesLewis
783 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

that's sweet

2/18/13 9:52 AM
DMC

That is sweet.

I made a similar ninja-type character using the DWGR and Ring of Fog. Used Uchis and Painted Guardian Sword (for the cool attack animations) and a maxed out heavy cross bow.

Got my ass kicked a lot but it's still a fun character to use.
2/18/13 5:41 PM
cdog1955
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My no shield character is pure melee.
It's been fun but very frustrating at times, Smough and Ornstein are just steam rolling me right now.

What is frustrating is that im so use to tanking attacks with a shield, that during the height of battle i will do what comes natural instead of working on my dodge.

I'm still figuring out dodge direction and timing, a beginning work in progress.

This also is forcing my parry to get better (i hope).
2/18/13 8:18 PM
Don_Dada

Edited: 02/18/13 8:19 PM
I highly recommend Gravelord covenant for those just interested in PVP. I've never seen so much action in this game blue and red phantom invasions constantly. It gets to the point i'm basically acting as a host sometimes and just letting the phantoms fight it out in the berg. I get souls + eyes of death. Win-win!
2/18/13 8:25 PM
Delorian
243 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gravelording is only effective in NG+ and beyond, but yeah, Don_Dada, I totally agree.  Great fucking covenant for PVP.  

2/18/13 10:00 PM
raoulDuke
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

nothing better than invading someone whos been gravelorded lol. NOTHING
2/19/13 1:15 PM
raoulDuke

my new character rules, str/fath level 90 already. went with darkwraiths around level 40ish, 1st invasion, BANG 300k souls. keeping it real with the +14 zwei
2/26/13 1:11 AM
cleophus

Best Dark Souls Video Ever?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1m3thNn9Ig&NR=1&feature=endscreen
3/3/13 6:20 AM
raoulDuke

^lol

new toon is lvl 120 str/fth.....fucking NIGHTMARE build for gankers, which was the whole point.

2h zwei/gs....armor of thorns to kill lagstabs, WoG to combat spammers.....TWoP for ninja flip fags.....SLB for tanks....GMB for mages.... can no fucking defens 4 attunement slots bitch. literally unstoppable, am fucking destroying n00bs on an epic scale.

3/3/13 10:53 AM
cleophus

I need to make an anti-gank build since I'm really starting to enjoy being a catbro.

Stay the fuck off my lawn!
3/3/13 2:28 PM
David Mortensen
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

bought the game on PC to appease the wife who complained that I hogged the TV too much.

Really enjoying being able to actually enjoy blight town.  The slowdown is like 25% of what it is on xbox with mods.  im building this guy as a str/dex build, trying to only 2hand everything (grass shield on my back for regen) while staying under 1/4 load for the fast rolls.  this will go down as prob my favorite game of all time.

3/3/13 2:45 PM
cleophus

David Mortensen - 

bought the game on PC to appease the wife who complained that I hogged the TV too much.

Really enjoying being able to actually enjoy blight town.  The slowdown is like 25% of what it is on xbox with mods.  im building this guy as a str/dex build, trying to only 2hand everything (grass shield on my back for regen) while staying under 1/4 load for the fast rolls.  this will go down as prob my favorite game of all time.

I have the game on all 3 platforms and I think I enjoy the pc the most. With ds fix and all of the mods available it looks so much better. The downside is the hackers but I don't run into them as much as when the game first came out.
3/3/13 5:00 PM
Harlow's Rhesus
56 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just started a new sorcerer and rang the second bell in a few hours, fun but much easier than i expected so far.  Only thing i can't do is kill the fucking Hydra to get Oolacile's spells and the armor set from that encounter, spells too slow to hit the necks.

3/4/13 11:03 AM
David Mortensen
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

cleophus - 
David Mortensen - 

I have the game on all 3 platforms and I think I enjoy the pc the most. With ds fix and all of the mods available it looks so much better. The downside is the hackers but I don't run into them as much as when the game first came out.

ive found fewer hackers on PC than on Xbox so far it seems.  everyone on xbox has infinite stamina at least, its fucking aggrivating.

my favorite mod (other than dsfix of course) is the one that makes the fucking lava not blind you when you look at it.  i was actually able to see in lost izalith for the first time

3/4/13 3:34 PM
CharlesLewis
783 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have never anticipated a game as much as DS2. Please don't suck.

3/4/13 4:18 PM
Harlow's Rhesus
56 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CharlesLewis - 

Right there with you man, it is terrifying because the fact of the matter is everything they aim to fix is a key contributor to what made it such an amazing game to begin with. At first it was frustrating, but i would not STILL be playing the game if it were not for the mystery, the lack of direction, the capacity to make game altering MISTAKES you have to put in leg work to remedy or wait for NG+.

3/4/13 4:34 PM
CharlesLewis

As an aside, in trying to find something to fill the void left by Dark Souls I tried Witcher 2 (pretty but ultimately repetitive and falls apart in the 3rd act) and Dragon's Dogma, which I am LOVING.

3/4/13 4:35 PM
David Mortensen

Harlow's Rhesus -
CharlesLewis - 

Right there with you man, it is terrifying because the fact of the matter is everything they aim to fix is a key contributor to what made it such an amazing game to begin with. At first it was frustrating, but i would not STILL be playing the game if it were not for the mystery, the lack of direction, the capacity to make game altering MISTAKES you have to put in leg work to remedy or wait for NG+.

Yea I hope they keep the core the same and give it some new tech behind the scenes with more content. I would be thrilled if it had the same amount of content. My fear is that they will try to put too much into it and end up like skyrim where there is too much content and it's all really shallow. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.