UnderGround Forums

GamerGround >> Dark Souls

3/5/13 4:20 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
solidsnake
162 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Great game man.

Most punishing and rewarding game eva!

The smallest fly could kill you, so you always have to be on.

When you beat a boss, it's usually by a hair.

How many times did it come down to last hit wins?

Yes, the lack of cut scenes, direction and music really consumes you in.

The mystery was the greatest, because you start to wonder if every crack in a wall or drop leads to items.

Coolest part for me was when you climb through that painting.
3/5/13 5:52 PM
raoulDuke
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^painted world was awesome, running across that first snow covered bridge you just know youre in for it.

charles, as a DS fan how do you find the combat in dragons dogma? is it satisfying? i know nothing touches the soul series...i was a fan of the 1st dragon age game though, is it along those lines?
3/5/13 6:14 PM
solidsnake
162 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dragon's Dogma is all about fighting giant monsters and bosses. You have to work with your team to take them down. Yes, it kind of felt like 1st Dragon Age. You actually have to climb up monsters and attack weak points.

It does get repetitive though because the same monsters show up and regenerate. If the giant bosses.

Other thing, you can't really fast transport to locations until you get a crystal halfway through the game. So there's a lot of back tracking and long walks, but maybe people dig that.

3/5/13 6:41 PM
cleophus
274 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If you're thinking about getting Dragon's Dogma you may want to wait until April cause Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen is coming out on the 23. It's the same game plus an expansion that you can't dl so you would have to pay another $40 for another version if you want it. Been thinking about getting it for a while but decided to wait til April cause fuck Capcom
3/6/13 1:47 AM
CharlesLewis
783 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I like it. It's more like a really deep beat em up than anything, but for what it is, it's fun. Classic D&D monsters, something comforting in the old school-ness of it all. It's no DS but it's a blast.

3/7/13 4:57 PM
raoulDuke

hmmm. will definitely need to grab it when the new version comes out.

3/13/13 11:09 PM
cleophus
274 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Have you guys heard about this new hack that allows people to steal your humanity and soul levels? I know it's on ps3 not sure about xbox or pc though. Be careful if you play online.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/606312-dark-souls/65663921
3/14/13 9:02 AM
raoulDuke

lol, this is the beginning of the end.

characters with huge heads (2x the size of their body) who are completely untargetable also starting to pop up

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/606312-dark-souls/65670168
3/14/13 10:53 AM
cleophus

What sucks is that the new hack steals your stats but leaves you at the same level so your character is useless. Phone Post
3/15/13 7:49 AM
raoulDuke

yep, and FROM probably aint gonna patch it since theyre already working on the new one. although demons souls still gets the world tendency updates, so who knows..

most of what ive read seems to involve getting invaded before it happens...im thinking maybe it will be safe(r) to only pvp via invading someone else? then again, since everyone on the forums knows about the new hack, maybe its dead online?

im thinking there will FINALLY be a reason to fight in the arena....unless the hack works there too..

im about to check it out,wish me luck
3/15/13 9:27 AM
cleophus

Kinda glad I've been playing on pc lately cause with a trainer this shit won't ruin the game for me.

Good luck online. Phone Post
3/22/13 10:09 AM
raoulDuke

got at least a few hours in since last week. have yet to encounter any hackers
3/22/13 12:59 PM
David Mortensen
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DS is on sale on steam for 20 bucks this weekend. Great buy Phone Post
3/22/13 6:39 PM
IgiveRimJobs4VoteUps
381 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I want this game soooooooooooooooooo bad! lol  I'm just now finishing up Demon's Souls and only have world the last boss in world 1 left to finish!  Playing as a thief/assassin made this go around muuuuuuuch more fun.  I can't wait to get my hands on some Dark Souls and get my ass handed to me.

3/22/13 9:01 PM
raoulDuke

my str/fth build is so amazing. cant believe i played so long without using GMB....i dont think ive lost to a mage once yet

3/23/13 2:26 AM
jman
560 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have the two bosses left in the DLC. I need to kill that fucking dragon and I guess some boss in the bottom area with all of the ghosts.

It's kind of like a good book...I don't want it to end, so I'm constantly procrastinating and putting it off.
3/23/13 12:13 PM
TruthAboveAll
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

jman - I have the two bosses left in the DLC. I need to kill that fucking dragon and I guess some boss in the bottom area with all of the ghosts.

It's kind of like a good book...I don't want it to end, so I'm constantly procrastinating and putting it off.
Both pretty awesome bosses though. Manus will fuck your shit up Phone Post
3/23/13 4:43 PM
David Mortensen
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TruthAboveAll - 
jman - I have the two bosses left in the DLC. I need to kill that fucking dragon and I guess some boss in the bottom area with all of the ghosts.

Both pretty awesome bosses though. Manus will fuck your shit up Phone Post

Manus is annoying as fuck, one of my least favorite bosses.

For me he's like the four kings, theres only one really viable method to beat him

3/27/13 3:47 AM
jman
560 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Holy fuck I can't make any progress with the dragon. I even got help from another player and just died. It seems to take forever to do damage to him. He's avoidable but damn it must take a long time to kill him. I think I'll try to get a few people with me the next time I try to kill him.

Man I LOVE/HATE this damn game, lol.
3/27/13 2:05 PM
cdog1955
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If your talking Kalameet, like all the bosses, get to know his attacks and movements, and only attack when he is vulnerable and can't counter, like when he is blowing fire at you.

Try not to take any of his attacks head on as it can completely drain any stamina. Using green moss can help regenerate if your really having problems with him.

I can beat him no shield just by distance management and attacking at the proper time.
3/28/13 5:33 AM
jman

Solid advice, I'll try doing a little RnD before wasting mine and other's time.
3/30/13 3:27 PM
cleophus

If anyone was thinking about getting this on the pc Amazon has it on sale for $15.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00917DBUE/ref=dsvrt_review_asin_detail
4/10/13 4:04 PM
CharlesLewis
783 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

part two gameplay:

http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/04/10/dark-souls-2-gameplay-reveal-12-minute-demo

4/10/13 5:07 PM
TruthAboveAll
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CharlesLewis -

part two gameplay:

http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/04/10/dark-souls-2-gameplay-reveal-12-minute-demo

Praise The Sun! Phone Post 3.0
4/10/13 6:43 PM
Don_Dada
153 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Can't watch the vid just now but what do you guys think of it? Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.