UnderGround Forums

GamerGround >> Dark Souls

4/29/13 2:13 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
cleophus
288 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hahaha you got fucked by a gravelord.

Search YouTube for Iron Marcus by onlyafro to see a hilarious vid of gravelording. Phone Post
4/29/13 3:20 PM
None So Blind
237 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^^^ Fucking hell - 5 gravelorded Black Knights at once, in an enclosed space - that would ruin just about anyone's day :-O
4/29/13 8:46 PM
cleophus
288 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Well it looks like online is fucked from the latest patch for the ps3.

Looks like I'm gonna be playing Demon's Soul and on the pc for awhile.
4/29/13 8:46 PM
jman
560 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I still don't understand this shit.

I remember seeing a red summoning sign a few days ago, but thought why the fuck would I WANT to summon a dark spirit?

Just when you thought the game couldn't get any harder...or cooler.

Fuck man.
4/29/13 8:54 PM
cleophus

Red signs are mostly for duels. You can use them for ganking too.

Some people use them to mule items to lower level characters.
4/30/13 5:32 AM
DMC
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

jman - I still don't understand this shit.

I remember seeing a red summoning sign a few days ago, but thought why the fuck would I WANT to summon a dark spirit?

Just when you thought the game couldn't get any harder...or cooler.

Fuck man.

Red signs are for PvP duelling.

You will see a lot of them in certain places (e.g. the Burg) at certain soul levels (e.g. SL 125). It's just a convenient way to do PvP. Dragon signs are similar although I've never bothered with that covenant much.

The thing is you have to (obviously) be in body form to summon the red signs so you might also be invaded in the ordinary way or by Dark Moons if you've sinned or even gravelorded. Or all three at the same time. Most people wait their turn and allow healing between bouts etc. but some just wade in like tards.

All hell can break loose sometimes lol.

Give it a try.
4/30/13 8:47 AM
jman
560 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Well I got lucky, I went back and the Gravelord dude was gone. I tried a couple times to beat Manus and could never get Sif to summon and help me so I gave up.

I then went back to human form in the Oolacile Township almost got invaded, it failed, then I summoned some guy. I then thought WTF try to get down to Manus. We went down there and actually killed him on the first try.

Now officially completed all of the stuff in the game I think. I'm trying to kill the boss when you go back to the Undead Asylum to get a Tinate Slab so I can upgrade my bow to +5 Lightning.

So what is the deal with the guy in the coffin, I don't think I remember that from the first playthrough (I am on NG+1 now)?
5/1/13 4:40 AM
jman

Edited: 05/01/13 4:40 AM
Finally killed that boss on the revisit to Undead Asylum (had to use my 4 Elizabeth Mushrooms to do it) and upgraded the bow to +5 electric. I guess I'm done doing everything new besides "finishing" the rest of the game a second time on NG+1.
5/1/13 6:17 AM
DMC
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You can't get in the coffin and join the Gravelords if you've already killed Nito IIRC.

You can go straight there and join on NG though once you're out of the Asylum. Phone Post 3.0
5/2/13 12:43 AM
jman

I didn't kill Nito yet, so I guess I'll run down there and see if I can jump in the coffin and join the Gravelords. I never joined a group in the past playthrough or this one so why not?
5/3/13 6:06 AM
DMC

Well actually I think there's a few reasons why not lol.

I think this covenant could have been the best one (and maybe the best feature of the online aspect of this game period) but the implemtation was all wrong.

A lot of the time the actual cursing doesn't seem to work (despite other players getting the gravelord warning) but even apart from that, well, you're oblivious to the carnage you're inflicting on others anyway. It's boring IMO.

You should 'invade' a victim's world as a ghost and be able to move around and observe the player you've cursed while they battle with the black phantom enemies etc. And you should get rewarded properly if/when they die at the hands of the black phantom enemies.

I also think it would be cool to observe when they're getting close to your sign (which should be an actual sign placed somewhere IMO) and coming to invade you etc.

Just my opinion. Others think it's great.
5/4/13 8:01 AM
jman

I just joined the Gravelords (took me a while to figure out how the hell to do it and get there).

I don't think I will be cursing or invading people. I do like the nice sword you get. Upgraded it to +5...now that's my #1 sword.

Guess I'll finish the game up on NG+ when I get around to it, cool stuff.
5/4/13 8:30 AM
Don_Dada
154 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah I really like the Gravelord covenant. PVP is pretty constant but you find yourself being gangraped a lot. Phone Post 3.0
6/2/13 9:11 PM
cleophus

Bringing it back.

Played for the first time in a month. Lvl 50 darkwraith invading Sen's Funhouse. So much fun, I need to play more often.
6/3/13 3:06 PM
AdamStewart
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just bought it for $10, any tips or what page should I read on this thread? Phone Post
6/3/13 3:43 PM
Gracie killar
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

AdamStewart -  Just bought it for $10, any tips or what page should I read on this thread? Phone Post

In the same boat any advice would be appreciated.
6/3/13 5:11 PM
cleophus

First time through you might want to start as a pyro. Pyromancy is pretty powerful and you don't have to level stats to make it more powerful just get new spells.

Don't attack any npcs unless they attack you first. Have fun. Phone Post
6/3/13 6:15 PM
Gracie killar
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

cleophus -  First time through you might want to start as a pyro. Pyromancy is pretty powerful and you don't have to level stats to make it more powerful just get new spells.

Don't attack any npcs unless they attack you first. Have fun. Phone Post

Thanks man also is it wise to take the master key perk when making your character?
6/3/13 6:39 PM
cleophus

Master key is both good and bad. It can get you into a lot of areas you don't want to be in on the first run through. Usually I say don't take it, especially if you are doing a blind run.

Are you on xbox or ps3?
6/3/13 6:43 PM
Gracie killar

I'm playing on the xbox
6/3/13 6:50 PM
cleophus

That sucks I don't have Live right now or I would offer to help you out.

Any idea on what type of weapon you want to use?
6/3/13 8:09 PM
Gracie killar

Really don't know man I started off as a heavy armor guy but not really liking that I am only in the 2nd area after escaping the asylum. Might start over and try the pyromancer.

How does MP work in Dark souls anyways?
6/3/13 8:35 PM
cleophus

there isn't any mp. Every spells has a set number of uses that replen when you rest at a bonfire. If you want to use miracles you have to level up your faith stat, sorceries you need to leve up intelligence. You'll need to level up attunement too to be able to use more spell.

http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/

Go there to check out different spells and weapons to see what you want to use.
6/3/13 9:04 PM
Gracie killar

Thanks again I will keep that handy. Going to beat bioshock infinite first before I really jump into this game.
6/6/13 7:17 PM
Br0ckFnSams0n
202 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

cleophus - there isn't any mp. Every spells has a set number of uses that replen when you rest at a bonfire. If you want to use miracles you have to level up your faith stat, sorceries you need to leve up intelligence. You'll need to level up attunement too to be able to use more spell.

http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/

Go there to check out different spells and weapons to see what you want to use.
I...think he was referring to multiplayer. In that case, check out the wiki @ darksouls.wikidot.com, there are a vast amount of varying types of MP. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.