UnderGround Forums

SoldierGround >> Frustrated during MEB...need to vent.

10/7/11 1:09 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
itsonlyafleshwound
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have been on the UG as a lurked for a while an stumbled on the Soldierground. Long story short, I was medevacd out of Iraq in 2010 and had back surgery 2 months later. BLUF, I am unable to stay in and have been in the MEB since June. I have spent the last 12 years in the Army, and now it is all done. This is the hardest thing I have been through. I have no control over the future, and I feel a little frustrated. Any words of help or encouragement would be appreciated. Yes, I am bitching, but thanks for letting me vent. Phone Post
10/10/11 12:27 AM
Mrbuckyohare
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thanks for serving!

I also went through the same thing you're going through except I only served for about 8 years (joined the Army when I was 17 yrs old). I am medically retired and get disability for my injuries (the pay sucks compared to active duty). I transferred my Post 9/11 bill to my wife so she goes to school and brings in BAH. I have been doing nothing for the past year, just stay home and watch my son. I can't run anymore and I'm only 26 years old. I'm bored as hell everyday and I wish I could've done 20 years in the Army.

This is probably not helping you any but I feel like my life is pretty depressing now. People tell me I should be happy because I get paid for doing nothing and I get to spend all the time in the world now with my wife and son. BS. I probably fight with my wife more now because we see each other too much. Maybe if you try to stay positive and find something to do to keep yourself busy you can do way better than me. I'm just having a hard time adjusting to being a nobody. I just hate the way things turned out for me. I guess I still need some encouraging words also...anyone else got some? Phone Post
10/11/11 1:34 PM
AceofSpades
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mrbuckyohare,

Anytime you need to vent. The whole thing is a mindf*&k. I am just trying to figure out the next step, and not just spin my wheels saying "what if". I think that there is a reason and purpose for all of this, but I cannot see it right now. So, I will continue on and hope that I can land on my feet.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.