UnderGround Forums

Boxing UnderGround >> Brandon Rios vs John Murray?

10/8/11 7:50 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Joe Ray
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Former European champ gets KO'ed in his last fight and then moves straight into a world title fight at MSG with Brandon Rios.

I think their styles will make for a very good fight. Both fighters aren't fans of using their feet and both like a good tear up. I'd go with a Rios KO within 8 rounds.

Kevin Mitchell will probably fight the winner of Burns-Katsidis.
10/8/11 9:21 AM
U4EA
132 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Murray has zero chance. Rios is bigger, stronger, hits harder, takes a better shot and has competed at a higher level.

How the fuck did he get that after being broken down and stopped by Mitchell?
10/8/11 9:23 AM
Joe Ray

Nae idea.

He has also left his trainer and joined someone new.

10/8/11 9:26 AM
U4EA
132 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

His ex trainer said he was out on the piss a couple weeks before the Mitchell fight.

Murray is seriously limited. He can only fight one way and everything he does, Rios is twice as good at. I dont think anyone is beating Rios at 135 and I think Murray is damaged goods after the Mitchell fight. It looked to me like Mitchell loosened his brain.
10/8/11 9:55 AM
ten8round

Murray has looked bad in his last few against guys much worse than Rios .

he is tough , that's about it . Phone Post
10/8/11 2:59 PM
Poncey
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

John is a top lad, but he desperately needed a change from Joe.

It's a shame things have turned sour between the two but now at least he can have Kerry back helping him.

I do think John needs to sort himself and this fight is all wrong for him. Mitchell would've been a much better fight for Rios, but it couldn't happen.

At least John gets to fight in the US again Phone Post
10/8/11 3:59 PM
U4EA

I think Murray's career will be shortened significantly by Rios. They are in totally different leagues and Rios is a fucking nasty puncher.
10/9/11 3:54 AM
ten8round

where do you go after 30 odd wins then losing brutally against 2 guys who are floating about in the top 10 . Phone Post
10/9/11 5:21 PM
PoundforPound
143 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rios is going to kill him.
10/9/11 5:50 PM
U4EA

I was thinking he was being thrown to the wolves a bit here but I dont suppose he has got anywhere left to go. Domestic interest in him wont be much now because Mitchell showed clear superiority. I guess they might as well let him have a shot and get a payday.

I get the impression this is a bad, bad fight for him... Rios could hurt him badly. He was badly KOed by Mitchell and running straight into Rios' hands after that is just not good for neurological health.
10/9/11 6:46 PM
Joe Ray

I'm sure he could get a few european level fights in the UK easily enough.

He wouldn't be making much money mind you.

But perhaps Warren feels Murray has gone as far as he can go, he is normally very cautious about placing his best fighters and cash cows into big fights, especially overseas.
10/9/11 7:47 PM
ten8round

hey maybe he could try MMA !!! Phone Post
10/12/11 3:12 AM
Poncey
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

At least now you know why Warren didn't put Kev in there.

On top of the drug case against him, and the existing drink driving ban, it's now public that he has been charged with knife possession.

There's no way he'll ever get a US Visa now.
10/12/11 3:20 AM
PoundforPound
143 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You're not allowed to have a knife in England????
10/12/11 4:02 AM
U4EA

Edited: 10/12/11 4:05 AM
He was carrying it in his car, which is illegal as it's classed as carrying a knife in public. It was also a butterfly knife, which are illegal to posses at all.

Drugs, knives, going out on the piss leading up to the biggest fight of his life. That guy is a fucking idiot.

Even if Warren cant get Mitchell in there, no fucking way he should have put Murray in there. Boxing is a very dangerous sport at the very best of times. And this is not only a huge mismatch, it's a mismatch where the loser (Murray) is likely to get very fucked up by a massive puncher. He will just walk in face-first and Rios will use him as a punching bag.
10/12/11 1:07 PM
ten8round

lol @ this , my god this Kev Mitchell !! Phone Post
11/6/11 5:07 AM
U4EA

Murray is back with Gallagher now.

Gallagher said Murray will be in great shape and that Rios is "hittable". Yep, but something tells me that wont quite be enough.
12/3/11 6:14 PM
U4EA

Rios failed to make weight after starving himself for 5 days and has been stripped.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GN0GUhlV-TU

Look at the fucking state of him. Murray is still +650 at some places. Rios looks like fucking death.
12/3/11 11:50 PM
Steelersfan 24 7

I was bummed out to hear he didn't make weight. I love watching this kid fight. He's always fun to watch.
12/4/11 5:01 AM
U4EA

Didn't help Murray any. Rios didn't fade and he was 10 x better than Murray everywhere.
12/4/11 5:39 AM
pharochuck
185 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

U4EA - Didn't help Murray any. Rios didn't fade and he was 10 x better than Murray everywhere.
time for rios to move up

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.