UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Bruce Buffer: 'Passion takes over'

10/8/11 9:54 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground News
913 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Underground News, Editor

If you take
The image “http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb178/stephentheweapon/brucelee.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

And you add
The image “http://medlem.spray.se/arna/images/Elvis_karate11.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors. 

Then you get UFC announcer Bruce Buffer

Below Buffer speaks to MMA Nation's Matthew Roth before UFC 136 about how he does what he does.

"(The new expanded UFC schedule from the UFC on FOX deal) is the culmination of everyone's efforts. This is what you call a very grand moment."

"It doesn't wear on me because this is what I signed up to do. So when I hear there's going to be potentially 35 shows next year versus 27 this year? That's what I signed up to do. And the exhaustion is just part of the deal if it happens.

"when I step in the Octagon, there is no exhaustion ... my passion takes over. You can't announce the way I announce if you're not into it. If I'm ever not into it, then I'll consider retiring."

"Bring it on, make it 40, I'm here."

10/8/11 10:05 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Kirik
1365 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Underground, Mayor for Life
 Bruce Buffer is the essence of that this sport is all about - passion.
10/8/11 10:10 AM
sakurabas ear
172 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kirik -  Bruce Buffer is the essence of that this sport is all about - passion.
Exactly! Awesome post Phone Post
10/8/11 10:14 AM
crowbar
607 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10/08/11 10:20 AM
 My god working close to 30 minutes a week has got to be excruciating. 

*30 minutes being the actual time spent in the octagon.

10/8/11 10:17 AM
Rawbass
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Buffer's awesome!
10/8/11 10:36 AM
JesusTapped
560 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kirik -  Bruce Buffer is the essence of that this sport is all about - passion.
Poorly articulated but, yeah, sure. I remember when Bruce was just Michael's little brother.... Phone Post
10/8/11 10:38 AM
Soup and Beer
101 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You would think once in awhile he would get a cold, strep throat, etc. and couldn't perform but there has never been a fill in for him for the last ten years.   They should get Rich "G-Man" Goins as a standby.
10/8/11 11:45 AM
Toquinho
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i always put the sound off. i think its exagerrated and in interviews hes just sucking up to dana and ufc. ufc should hire michael buffer Phone Post
10/8/11 11:49 AM
Humphrey

yes i'm sure it's excrutiating flying first class or in private jets, speaking for a total of 10 minutes per event.

rought!
10/8/11 12:02 PM
bagger
66 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You get a different perspective of what Buffer goes through at a live show versus the TV presentation. In comparison to the ever-present commentary by Joe and Goldie Buffer's job seems like cake. When you go to the show you see him getting pumped up before each bout, going in and taking care of business. He's really the ringleader of the show, especially for the live audience.

That said, Joe and Goldie have the much more tasking job and I doubt you'd hear any different from Bruce. He's living the dream and I think he knows it.
10/8/11 12:24 PM
caliphornia

Bruce buffer IS ufc Phone Post
10/8/11 12:49 PM
Lib

too many haters...as someone said above Bruce is the UFC...his voice has been embedded in every fight card since the beginning...and so what if he gets paid a large amount of money for doing a very small amount of work...fact of the matter is his style and voice not only hype the card but hype many of the fighters during the fighter into's...everyone should just give the ppl and fighters the respect they deserve and stop hating and/or being jealous...
10/8/11 1:03 PM
Nameless1

Bruce Buffer is the Frank Sinatra of combat sports.

HOF worthy IMO . Phone Post
10/8/11 1:34 PM
The Swinging Richard
368 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

bagger - You get a different perspective of what Buffer goes through at a live show versus the TV presentation. In comparison to the ever-present commentary by Joe and Goldie Buffer's job seems like cake. When you go to the show you see him getting pumped up before each bout, going in and taking care of business. He's really the ringleader of the show, especially for the live audience.

That said, Joe and Goldie have the much more tasking job and I doubt you'd hear any different from Bruce. He's living the dream and I think he knows it.

QFT & VTFU.
10/8/11 1:40 PM
Garv
153 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TheGARV.com, MMA Serious Business
 Bruce is already very wealthy and doesn't need to do the ring announcing.  Which proves that he's in it for the fun it brings him.  That's a lot of travel, and plane hopping is no fun, so he's clearly passionate about the sport and loves what he does. More power to him.
10/8/11 1:47 PM
Large Fun Bags

Say what you want but Bruce Buffer is a badass
10/8/11 2:03 PM
ShaqNoob
84 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I personally can't stand his announcing. It probably has something do to with all the yelling and jumping around in the cage.
10/8/11 2:42 PM
chaplinshouse
650 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10/08/11 2:42 PM
<blockquote>Garv -  Bruce is already very wealthy and doesn't need to do the ring announcing.  Which proves that he's in it for the fun it brings him.  That's a lot of travel, and plane hopping is no fun, so he's clearly passionate about the sport and loves what he does. More power to him. <br /></blockquote><br /><br />

Or it could be he likes the perks of fame that being on tv brings him. He seems more passionate about poker than mma
10/9/11 8:59 AM
spliff
70 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

glad to see that buffer hasn't lost his moves 
10/9/11 9:32 AM
Korpiklaani

Kirik -  Bruce Buffer is the essence of that this sport is all about - passion.
10/9/11 11:06 AM
Balance

chaplinshouse - <blockquote>Garv -  Bruce is already very wealthy and doesn't need to do the ring announcing.  Which proves that he's in it for the fun it brings him.  That's a lot of travel, and plane hopping is no fun, so he's clearly passionate about the sport and loves what he does. More power to him. <br /></blockquote><br /><br />

Or it could be he likes the perks of fame that being on tv brings him. He seems more passionate about poker than mma

Maybe both? I do like that he's been enthusiastic about MMA since the mainstream was still calling it human cockfighting.
10/9/11 11:18 AM
Neil Funk

Edited: 10/09/11 11:19 AM
 I like Bruce, but please learn to correctly enunciate the syllables in people's names already, shit drives me nuts

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.