UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Martin Kampmann vows to finish Rick Story at 139

10/10/11 10:52 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
BUDDHASPORT
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In a battle of styles, the well rounded striker in Kampmann will clash with the heavy handed wrestler known as Rick “The Horror” Story (13-4-0) in his 13th UFC appearance. Story is known for coming forward and pressuring his opponent, throwing bombs and shooting for takedowns before you know what’s going on. That being said Kampmann is never in an boring fight and his thoughts are that this fight will be just as exciting his others. “I think Rick Story is a real tough opponent. He comes forward and he’s a great wrestler but he can punch too so I think it will be a war.”

Kampmann feels he can efficiently stop Story’s takedown attempts and punish him on the feet, putting his precision and technical striking to good use as he clearly states during the course of our conversation. “His wrestling is definitely the strongest part of his game but I’m prepared for that. I’m not going to let him take me down. If he does get me to the ground, I will pop right back up. Nobody is ever going to hold me down.”

FULL INTERVIEW  HERE 

10/10/11 10:55 PM
WheresBobbySouthworth
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It doesn't matter if you can stop Story's takedowns; he's still gonna hug the shit out of you against the cage and refuse to fight like the Alves fight. I got Story here by wall and stall. But clearly, Martin Kampmann is a much better fighter.
10/10/11 11:01 PM
mma shill
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good for kampmann for going in with the goal to finish Phone Post
10/10/11 11:13 PM
Yelm
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Love Kampmann (no homo)
10/10/11 11:17 PM
FryedTakayama
783 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

WAR Kampmann!!! Phone Post
10/10/11 11:57 PM
MoFiasco
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Huge fan of kampmann but story is gonna blanket him or stall against the cage. I hope kampmann surprises story by taking him down first Phone Post
10/10/11 11:59 PM
DamnSevern
1190 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cool Story Mann
10/11/11 12:01 AM
GriffinQ
129 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

WheresBobbySouthworth - It doesn't matter if you can stop Story's takedowns; he's still gonna hug the shit out of you against the cage and refuse to fight like the Alves fight. I got Story here by wall and stall. But clearly, Martin Kampmann is a much better fighter.
I truly love when people use ONE fight as the basis for a fighters entire career, especially when they were exciting in every other fight they were in.

10/11/11 12:07 AM
MasterofMartialArts
118 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GriffinQ - 
WheresBobbySouthworth - It doesn't matter if you can stop Story's takedowns; he's still gonna hug the shit out of you against the cage and refuse to fight like the Alves fight. I got Story here by wall and stall. But clearly, Martin Kampmann is a much better fighter.
I truly love when people use ONE fight as the basis for a fighters entire career, especially when they were exciting in every other fight they were in.

THIS
I really disliked the Alves fight because he really stall for the majority of the fight.
But let's not forget that every other fight was pretty exciting.
10/11/11 12:18 AM
Titanium Rhino
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FryedTakayama - WAR Kampmann!!!

WAR Hitman!
10/11/11 12:57 AM
Titanium Rhino
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He is good on the feet but Martin is very technical. If they are in the center of the cage, Kampmann can KO him. Story's hands are most dangerous when he has his opponent's back pressed against the cage. Story has only finished 2 of his 7 wins in the UFC. Should be interesting to see how Martin goes about finishing him. I think he can submit him!
10/11/11 12:38 PM
El Hijo Del Diablo
93 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Titanium Rhino - 
FryedTakayama - WAR Kampmann!!!

WAR Hitman!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.