UnderGround Forums

SoldierGround >> USMC Job Choice help pleasee

11/12/12 10:39 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Neal Zumbro
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Do not go to Bootcamp as an open contract or they will f you! If I had to do it all over again, id... Id still go 03 and go smoke some terrorist, but id think a little harder about maybe trying to learn a skill that could actually make me some money in the civilian world. Infantry= cop or security guard. Phone Post
11/13/12 6:47 PM
virux11b
173 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Neal Zumbro -  Do not go to Bootcamp as an open contract or they will f you! If I had to do it all over again, id... Id still go 03 and go smoke some terrorist, but id think a little harder about maybe trying to learn a skill that could actually make me some money in the civilian world. Infantry= cop or security guard. Phone Post

Or janitor....
12/13/12 5:03 AM
drmccarty
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good luck your going infantry Phone Post
12/13/12 11:06 AM
Yun
91 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

man~ why do u want to join the marines if u dont want to be an infantry? so u cam be the sit behind the desk marine? or a truck driver marine? or a chef marine?

if u dont want to be an infantry, i think its better for your future to join a different service because Marines don't care about your future.

"the corps is not here for you. you are here for the corps."

trust me man- POGs get made fun of Phone Post
12/13/12 11:20 AM
virux11b
173 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yun - man~ why do u want to join the marines if u dont want to be an infantry? so u cam be the sit behind the desk marine? or a truck driver marine? or a chef marine?

if u dont want to be an infantry, i think its better for your future to join a different service because Marines don't care about your future.

Dude, I knew a lot of kids that wanted to be infantry But are desk jockeys. You are right, the corps isn't there for you. But That's all branches. Phone Post
12/13/12 11:34 AM
drmccarty

virux11b -
Yun - man~ why do u want to join the marines if u dont want to be an infantry? so u cam be the sit behind the desk marine? or a truck driver marine? or a chef marine?

Dude, I knew a lot of kids that wanted to be infantry But are desk jockeys. You are right, the corps isn't there for you. But That's all branches. Phone Post
If you go infantry look into Marine Corps Security Forces its a billet all 03's are eligible for but you have to be contracted first before boot camp it's a 5 year active 3 Inactive Reserves depending in how you test and interview you can be presidential security at 8th and I you can be at camp David or you can be FAST which is what I was my primary MOS is 0311 my billet is 8152 FAST stands for Fleet anti-terrorism security team your deployed by platoons not units you are self sufficient meaning you have no back up if its broke you fix it nobody else. Good luck and I hope this helps Phone Post
1/20/13 2:18 PM
BassAssassin
58 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Subbed
2/21/13 5:49 PM
enbanc

Assume you have a 99 AFQT and a 4 college degree. What are the best options for you? Is enlisting a stupid idea over OCS?
2/23/13 9:38 AM
virux11b

enbanc - Assume you have a 99 AFQT and a 4 college degree. What are the best options for you? Is enlisting a stupid idea over OCS?
Not always. I'm assuming you are talking about marines. I don't know if they have a program similar to the army's green to gold, but someone here will shed light if they do.

I had more respect for my officers that started out as enlisted. They know what's it's like to be enlisted and therefore know how to handle situation a lot better. On the other hand, I've had west point officers that were bad ass as well. Just a lot fewer than prior enlisted. Phone Post
10/25/13 4:57 PM
Yun
91 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

if u want to be treated like slaves, sacrifice everything for pride and get to tell people what u did, i definitely think u should go for marine corps infantry. if u like shittin while sittin on an etool, and u really hav to push it out cuz u've been in the field for a whole month n stuffed wit MRE all the way up to ur throats, smothered in a cloud of shit from burning shit,  marine corps infantry!

1/14/14 12:35 PM
Adam_RetreatHell
212 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Did 6 years in USMC infantry. I had a 68 on the ASVAB and i wanted infantry and i got it. The usmc can and does garuntee fields just not jobs for instance in the infantry, before even going to bootcamp i signed my 03 option which means i was going to be a grunt no matter what. You cabbot however requests a specialty MOS like 0311 or 0331, those decisions are made when your in SOI Phone Post 3.0
1/14/14 12:37 PM
Adam_RetreatHell
212 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

And if you dont want to be a grunt then dont join the USMC. whats the point if being a marine if your going to be a pussy and sit behind a desk? Thats what the chairforce is for. Go 03 Phone Post 3.0
1/14/14 12:43 PM
virux11b

Adam_RetreatHell - And if you dont want to be a grunt then dont join the USMC. whats the point if being a marine if your going to be a pussy and sit behind a desk? Thats what the chairforce is for. Go 03 Phone Post 3.0
I agree 100% Phone Post 3.0
1/14/14 12:44 PM
Adam_RetreatHell

virux11b -
Adam_RetreatHell - And if you dont want to be a grunt then dont join the USMC. whats the point if being a marine if your going to be a pussy and sit behind a desk? Thats what the chairforce is for. Go 03 Phone Post 3.0
I agree 100% Phone Post 3.0
Raaaah semper kill Phone Post 3.0
1/14/14 12:51 PM
Yun

Adam_RetreatHell - Did 6 years in USMC infantry. I had a 68 on the ASVAB and i wanted infantry and i got it. The usmc can and does garuntee fields just not jobs for instance in the infantry, before even going to bootcamp i signed my 03 option which means i was going to be a grunt no matter what. You cabbot however requests a specialty MOS like 0311 or 0331, those decisions are made when your in SOI Phone Post 3.0
u can still end up being a POG even if u sign for 03 field just because when u get to the fleet, u suck. I've seen many cases where a guy was 03something for his MOS but had issues so ended up being Company Clerk, Mail Clerk, gunner's driver, or just works for headquarters co., etc... and those guys can claim to be a grunt but they don't do grunt shit. Phone Post
1/14/14 3:59 PM
Adam_RetreatHell

Yun -
Adam_RetreatHell - Did 6 years in USMC infantry. I had a 68 on the ASVAB and i wanted infantry and i got it. The usmc can and does garuntee fields just not jobs for instance in the infantry, before even going to bootcamp i signed my 03 option which means i was going to be a grunt no matter what. You cabbot however requests a specialty MOS like 0311 or 0331, those decisions are made when your in SOI Phone Post 3.0
u can still end up being a POG even if u sign for 03 field just because when u get to the fleet, u suck. I've seen many cases where a guy was 03something for his MOS but had issues so ended up being Company Clerk, Mail Clerk, gunner's driver, or just works for headquarters co., etc... and those guys can claim to be a grunt but they don't do grunt shit. Phone Post
True Phone Post 3.0
1/14/14 8:03 PM
DasKugs
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

virux11b -
MikeFL152 - we give the date before meps, Marine Corps recruiting sells the Marine Corps itself instead of jobs, we sell the image, the Pride, all that blah blah, makes job selections easy for us.
I know. That's what I used to combat against. Your job is a plumber, but at least you're a Marine plumber;) I'm glad I don't have to do that crap anymore. I hated recruiting. Phone Post
This.

The recruiters had me sold on the idea that "Every Marine is a Rifleman," so I went in blindly saying: "Whatever works the best for you, I just want to be a Marine!"

I had a good experience as Marine, but if I could've just been smarter than my 17yr old self....I would've picked something other than Heavy Equip Mechanic. Phone Post 3.0
1/26/14 8:05 PM
jim_radford
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DasKugs -
virux11b -
MikeFL152 - we give the date before meps, Marine Corps recruiting sells the Marine Corps itself instead of jobs, we sell the image, the Pride, all that blah blah, makes job selections easy for us.
I know. That's what I used to combat against. Your job is a plumber, but at least you're a Marine plumber;) I'm glad I don't have to do that crap anymore. I hated recruiting. Phone Post
This.

The recruiters had me sold on the idea that "Every Marine is a Rifleman," so I went in blindly saying: "Whatever works the best for you, I just want to be a Marine!"

I had a good experience as Marine, but if I could've just been smarter than my 17yr old self....I would've picked something other than Heavy Equip Mechanic. Phone Post 3.0
This is all very interesting to me as I'm in the process of joining the Marines Phone Post 3.0
1/26/14 8:41 PM
Adam_RetreatHell

DasKugs -
virux11b -
This.

This is so true, i had a buddy who joined with me. I went infantry he went motor t and he hated it. When he realized the saying "every marine is a rifleman" is bullshit he immidiately did everything he could to lat-move to 03xx which he did when he re-enlisted. I had some terrible times as a grunt but i wouldnt ever go back and change MOS's if i could. The good times with fellow infantrymen was incredible And everytime i meet a fellow grunt veteran it makes my pants wiggle a little bit Phone Post 3.0
1/26/14 8:56 PM
jim_radford
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Adam_RetreatHell -
DasKugs -
virux11b -
This.

This is so true, i had a buddy who joined with me. I went infantry he went motor t and he hated it. When he realized the saying "every marine is a rifleman" is bullshit he immidiately did everything he could to lat-move to 03xx which he did when he re-enlisted. I had some terrible times as a grunt but i wouldnt ever go back and change MOS's if i could. The good times with fellow infantrymen was incredible And everytime i meet a fellow grunt veteran it makes my pants wiggle a little bit Phone Post 3.0
Just curious here, but what was so bad about being a mechanic? Or other jobs of the sort? Phone Post 3.0
1/26/14 10:10 PM
Adam_RetreatHell

jim_radford -
Adam_RetreatHell -
DasKugs -
virux11b -
This.

Just curious here, but what was so bad about being a mechanic? Or other jobs of the sort? Phone Post 3.0
I was a grunt man your askin the wrong guy. But honestly why would you want to be a Marine if you dont want to be in the infantry? Phone Post 3.0
1/27/14 12:12 AM
virux11b

Adam_RetreatHell -
jim_radford -
Adam_RetreatHell -
DasKugs -
virux11b -
This.

I was a grunt man your askin the wrong guy. But honestly why would you want to be a Marine if you dont want to be in the infantry? Phone Post 3.0
! Phone Post 3.0
1/27/14 7:26 AM
jim_radford

Adam_RetreatHell -
jim_radford -
Adam_RetreatHell -
DasKugs -
virux11b -
This.

I completely agree. I'm just curious as to why that sort of job would suck though Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.